main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Folks, discussing for the sake of discussing is not an appropriate OOC discussion.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    But discussing limmie is always worth discussing!

Liam_Vehn Why do I suddenly feel like I know who the Smugglers' 274 goalkeeper coach is going to be? ;) Heck, if we were in a salary capped League, I think that I'd know who their 273 goalkeeper coach/player would be. :p

I'm definitely going to be following the Manda'lor election with great interest--as will some of my characters, Bardan_Jusik. Nice twist to bring in Vizsla's elder brother as a contender. What happens if the Mercs go on another winning spree? Whose prestige is more enhanced? Taab's? Vizsla's? Taab's wife? Has there every been a female Manda'lor? Do the election rules allow for someone outside the conclave to be elected? (If they follow the Catholic Church, then yes--I would assume any Mandalorian could be elected Manda'lor just like any Catholic male could become the Pope.)

But we all know where this is really going...

"White smoke! On the 247th ballot, we finally have a Manda'lor! Habemus Manda'lor! We should see the new Manda'lor any moment now on the balcony of MandalMotors Hall...the excitement is intense, gentlebeings! The Manda'lor is stepping out and removing his helmet...

"IT'S RYI KOR'LE! Ryi Kor'le is the new Manda'lor!"

...or is she?

jcgoble3, Jedi Gunny and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Saturday morning S16 Limmie is now up on the Wiki!

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] I am making this all up as I go along, though I do have in mind how it is going to end. At least somewhat. To my knowledge there has never been a female Mand'alor, but as I am making up the rules now who knows, maybe this will be a first. ;)

[​IMG]

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    And the Rovers keep rolling along. Jeez, in their fourth season I think that aside from the Galactic Cup, the Rovers have probably been more successful than the Miners. How did I do that? :p

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yes, discussing the game is absolutely fine. Discussing how there haven't been any posts in the OOC thread - which is what I was responding to - will get this thread a formal warning on a subsequent occurrence.

Trieste likes this.
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Holy...

I wonder if Brooks had roid rage given his recent postgame actions! I'm sure that a "random" League drug test would do wonders for Brooks' outlook on life, right JediMaster1511? ;)

8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Catching up here after a day away. For anyone considering a last minute post, I have the following bonus rolls recorded for tomorrow's Futures League action:
    • Concordia Crusaders: 30 on the mention of an LFL player's stats today
    • Kessel Runners: 28
    • Tatooine Sandskimmers: 28
    • Druckenwell Marksmen: 28
    • Thyferra Force: 32 for an LFL-dedicated post on Sunday
    Only posts made since the last LFL scores were posted are being counted. That particularly concerns Rebecca_Daniels, who posted between ELL and LFL scores on Sunday and thus currently has a bonus roll coming in the ELL but not the LFL.

If you feel these numbers are wrong (e.g. that I missed an obscure LFL reference), let me know here.

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The Coruscant-Thyferra development system has always been pretty darn impressive in terms of how tightly they're knit together.

I still marvel that Ortmeyer, who was a throw away character for the Miners once upon a time, has become such an integral part of the Force organization. But then again most great players don't go into coaching so it actually makes sense.

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    That'll never change. I like having the development system to lean on, not just for players but for storylines. :)

As for Jed, I think it was a case of right place, right time for him retiring to get a coaching gig.

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Wow the Solo conference was a disappointment this week

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Can't win them all. Well I guess you could, but it is unlikely. :p At least it is not a conference loss.

[​IMG]

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Eek, the return of the 0-0 game. :eek:

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    At long last the Mercs aren't the only team to lose after being tied 0-0 after regulation. :p And double OT for y'all too. :cool:

[​IMG]

15. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    At least you pulled it out.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Says one of two Solo Conference winners this week. :p

This puts the Senators and the Monarchs into pole position for the Commissioner's Trophy and gives them a leg up on the rest of the Solo Conference. Meanwhile Vandelhelm and Onderon are going to have work to do.

By the way, if I've done my math correctly, the odds of...

[​IMG]

...ummmm...as I was saying...the odds of a non-bonus roll team and a bonus roll team going to double OT after a 0-0 regulation score are 1 in 274,400. That's a classic game right there, but a heartbreaker to lose.

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm getting my "revenge" against the die roller for losing that Semifinal to Bardan last year in OT. [face_whistling]

And this is where the fun begins. We've got the bloodiest conference slate in game history coming up.

Finally, a perfect week for my teams. CorTech wins, Thyferra rolls, and Coruscant grits it out.

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    We beat the Mercs! *waits for Barefoot Tam to get on the holo* :p

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] I will say she liked what she saw.

Now I have to figure out a way to fit that into her story.

[​IMG]

20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Congrats jcgoble3 for a shutout win over the Smugglers in their house! Huge! Nice job, man. Can't remember the last time someone has done that. Definitely going to see that victory on the HSN highlight reels ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yay! Who doesn't love the Solo Conference Death March?

AND HOLY!!! THAT WAS AWESOME Liam_Vehn!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Gunny A Whipid doctor made me smile for some reason...and then I got sad. Really sad. But of course there's one big question not answered by that post: did the child survive?

Also, note to self: Gark can get a lot angrier than I would have thought...

22. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, Liam. That was another nice video.

I may be the king of Suspense, but you are the Master of Limmie Videos. ^:)^

And Trieste, you'll just have to find out later on. [face_mischief]

Or will you?

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Oh no...is this the beginning of an 18 season story arc where:
    • Gark goes on through life, a shell of a Bothan
    • Only eventually to be saved by the love of Nat who has secretly pined for her crime-fighting friend
    • But Gark is completely unaware that she cares for him
    • That is, until Gark finds out about secrets from Nat's past about how she once loved someone, but he died and the hurt was so much that she had to compartmentalize it and forget it and that speaking about love only made her vulnerable
    • Leading to their 277 ABY wedding after they've hashed all their emotions out
    • After which they settle into a happy life together during which Gark wins five more championships and gets the Zumtak renamed for him since he's now won it a dozen times
    • Becomes an old and gray Bothan who is one of limmie's most respected figures
    • Decides upon retirement after the 291 ABY season
    • Presides over the Senators' selections in the 291 Draft
    • After which he is approached by a fresh faced, 18 year old, straight-out-of-high-school player who was selected in the third round by the Bakura Miners who says, "Why did you never come for me Dad? I waited my entire life, but you never claimed me. And now you wouldn't even draft me, your own flesh and blood, to play for your team. Well, don't worry, because Empress-for-Life Kerry Trieste saw that I've got real potential and I'm going to do everything in my power to destroy the Senators franchise by turning it into a bunch of irrelevant losers that will never, ever win a game against the Miners again, let alone a Galactic Cup" and it's then that Gark realizes that his child survived and was put up for adoption unbeknownst to him
    • With that Gark's only child (for obviously we found out earlier that Nat can't have kids--not that Gark would put himself the trauma of eventually losing another spouse) is dedicated to the demise of the one legacy he has left, the limmie team he brought back to glory and he is torn between wanting the child who hates him to succeed in limmie yet for her to do so she must tear down everything he's built over the years
    What have I done? This is worse than the super secret Gunny idea journal. Gunny, please don't do any of this.

Jedi Gunny, CPL_Macja and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    You forgot the part where Gark reconciles his feelings, but moments after he does so mand'alor Taab declares war on the Republic, killing Empress Trieste, Gark, and his unclaimed child.

or does he? :p

[​IMG]

Jedi Gunny, CPL_Macja and jcgoble3 like this.