main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga That moment when...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by KilroyMcFadden, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. only one kenobi

only one kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2012
    Usually followed by, a few hours later, "Hang on, but didn't Obi-Wan say...?"

Ahsoka_Tano_11 and sinkie like this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    ...the first trailer appears for ROTS and you realize that after all this time, it's finally happening.

3. sinkie

sinkie Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2004
    PT (few and very far between for me)
    ...Kenobi drops down on General Grievous and says "Hello there."
    ...Anakin and Padme sense each other (maybe...) and are torn apart just before Anakin runs off to kill Mace. For me the entire PT should have felt this intense.

OT (oh so many...)
    We cut to the interior of the cantina and the Bith music starts. As a kid I was in creature loving heaven!

4. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Oh...another....

.....the First time I saw TPM. Why? BC for the first time in nearly 20 years after the opening crawl, I had NO idea what was going to happen. :)

5. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    ... Palpatine looks down at a young Anakin - "And you, young Skywalker; We'll be watching your career with great interest." - Palpatine's long game begins.

...Dooku is on his knees with two lightsaber blades hovering around his neck. "Do it." - the look of fear and betrayal on Dooku's face and Palpatine showing no remorse...

...The power and sound of Anakin's saber in front of the Younglings. - The atmosphere in the cinema seeing that moment for the first time was unbelievable, so cold.

...Luke arrives at Jabba's palace, shrouded in black and basked in light, calmly walking towards the throne room and staying so poised and in control.

...Leia removes the Boushh disguise. As a kid I just didn't expect it. Plus, Bounty Hunter Leia is hotter than Slave Leia! *Hides behind chair*

...Luke vs Vader in RotJ. That green blade cutting through the dark has stuck in my mind ever since.

Aaand that's all from me for now! Plenty more to say, but those ones stick out so firmly in my mind :)

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  6. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Oh and, though it's not happened yet:

...You're sat in the cinema after a lifetime of speculation, media frenzy, online articles, studying trailers, criticism, cynicism and impatience.

Suddenly, Episode VII is about to begin...

Force Smuggler and Cryogenic like this.
  7. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    It was ALLLLL

8. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    ...Princess Leia get's her collar yanked by Jabba while wearing a metal bikini...=P~

Han Yolo and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  9. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Yeah? What about those moments?

-Someone to see ya, honey! Jedi, by the looks of him.
    - We don't need that scum!

/LM

10. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    They were lost. In time. Like... tears... in the rain...

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Seagoat like this.
  11. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    ...when Han Solo first appears on screen and you realize he is a total badass

lbr789 and darthbarracuda like this.
  12. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    ... Yoda tells Anakin he senses great fear in him and the music depressively cues the transition to the next scene. (TPM)
    ... Darth Maul appears behind the sliding doors, and doesn't need to say anything for you to know an epic fight is about to happen. (TPM)
    ... Anakin's mother dies trying to tell Anakin she loves him, what is happening dawns on Anakin and the music dramatically cues the gravity of the situation. (AOTC)
    ... Anakin and Obi-Wan walk into the room on the Invisible hand where Palpatine is held "captive". (ROTS)
    ... Palpatine begins "The tragedy of Darth Plagueis". (ROTS)
    ... Anakin's Jedi Interceptor arrives at Mustafar. Great music as always from John Williams. (ROTS)
    ... Anakin sheds a tear on Mustafar. (ROTS)
    ... Obi-Wan (dueling Vader) looks at Luke and stops fighting, letting Vader defeat him, at least from Vader's pov. (ANH)
    ... Luke arrives in the Carbon freezing chamber and looks around. Vader states "The force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet."
    ... "It's a trap!" (ROTJ)
    ... Luke throws away his saber and proves that the Emperor has failed to turn him. (ROTJ)

13. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Dude when Maul appeared behind the doors with his hood up and he's just standing there like "I've been waiting for you"...oh my holy crap that is such a badass scene!

14. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Used to cut me to pieces when I was a kid. Still uncomfortable now. You learn everything you need to know about war when that little 'teddy bear' touches the other one.

Cryogenic likes this.
  15. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    The Immolation Scene was another heart-wrenching moment in the trilogy, probably more than the Ewoks dying or Vader on the pyre.

I have yet to see an emotional scene that makes you sweat from your eyes that rivals those in The Lord of the Rings movies. When Gandalf supposedly dies at Khazad-dûm and the music begins to play, or when Frodo and Sam are on the slopes of Mt. Doom while the lava rages around them, or when all of Gondor bows to the four hobbits at the close-to-the-end of Return of the King, or when Frodo and Gandalf leave to the Undying Lands...god those movies...are...incredible.

Maybe the upcoming Star Wars films will have a tear-jerking moment. They have had their awe-inspiring moments, like when Luke looks out onto the binary suns of Tatooine, or when the Yoder does his magic and lifts to X-wing out of the swamp, or when Anakin leads the 501st into the Temple and is later immolated. But there is room for a very emotional, sad moment. Disney did it with the death of Mufasa; maybe they'll do it again.

16. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    ...nothing can get through your shields...*explode*

17. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    In ESB, when Leia kisses Luke, and shoots Han a dirty look. Just watch what Luke does...
    Makes me laugh every time :)

18. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    ...the camera looks down the vertigo enducing shot of Luke on the skiff plank above the waiting Sarlacc, and you then hear those tense bursts of brass and the waiver of the strings. Cut to Luke - the nod. Lando - the nod. Then Han. R2. Leia. The build up to what you KNOW is going to be the greatest rescue sequence yet but you have no idea what's going to happen, and then Luke gives the signal and jumps and BOOM! It's on! :D

Yunners likes this.
  19. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

20. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Haha! That actually makes it more brilliant as it deserves to be that long in the film I think....why didn't Lucas change this in the Blu-ray? :p

21. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Haha yeah doesn't he like smile and lean back and put his hands behind his head? Lol talk about awkward later on...XD

22. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    "We gotta be able to get a reading on that shield, up or down!"
    *Replies in Sullustan*
    "How can they be jamming us if they down know... we're coming...."

23. darthbarracuda

Nov 4, 2012
    Break off the attack!

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Force Smuggler likes this.