main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What are your favorite weird stuff in the old Marvel Comics Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterKeno, Apr 20, 2013.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I don't even remember that issue.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Serphidian Eyes is beyond awesome, I mean Luke gets to play a real Knight. :D

vong333 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It's good to know your immune system's functioning properly.

jSarek and Zorrixor like this.
  4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
  5. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    You also have the awesome Lahsbees who when they hit puberty turn into an Incredible Huhk.

We even get a special story where Leia's singing jump starts one of them into puberty, much like how her ROTJ bikini did for a number of Earth boys.

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Thats a tough one, I liked all of the Marvel Star Wars issues (107 plus 3 annuals and the 4 issue ROTJ adaption) along with the 14 Ewoks comics and 8 issue Droids. What I enjoyed out of those comics was the wonder of exploring different things from the universe. Now looking back some of the stories were werid, strange and at times odd, but man they were fun and weren't to stuck on continutiy. There was also a limit to jedi and hardly nothing on sith, making the stories more in line with the movies. They were some exceptions, but not many. You had the occasional super stuff like the Tarkin, or the Darker from issue 68, or issue 91 I think were you had cat people and Luke using the force to levitate Leia. Even the Ewok and Droids comic books resembled there animated counter parts of their's. So yeah, we had the invisible soap from the Ewok show, and in the comic you had the rainbow bridge, Morag the Witch flying with the beanstalk beast, thats how I call it, to a one time rare transporter usage (Book 14) like in star trek. It was all light fun.

Maybe thats why I'm looking forward ti the Wild Space Omnibus. Not so much for the content that came afterwards, but the different stuff that we didn't get like Pizazz and the Marvel UK stuff. When I add the above listed with the Newspaper strip adaptions, they make good star wars and was reflective of the time (late 70's early 80's. Sometimes it makes me wonder, if this was why the loved the old trilogy so much. We had the 10 novels (3 movie novelizations, the Splinter of the Minds Eye, the three Han Solo Books and the three Lando books), we had the comics, the two Ewok movies that were pretty good, the animated series, the well, not so good Star Wars special, and the occassional making of stuff but that wasn't so important but if you had it, its good.. If you had the movies, the comics books and the novels you pretty much had everything. Nice, and self contained. I look at Star Wars afterwards and while its been pretty good and helped revive the franchise, one wonders if the stuff is as memorable as the first.

7. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    And it gave us Cinda Tarheel, who, while not *the* most badass lady to ever hop into an X-wing, is probably in the top five. It's a crime how little page time she's gotten since then.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Serji-X Arrogantus.
    Now that guy was weird! And what's up with his name?

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    He was a stunt swoop driver and just kept the name when he went Bandit. ;) OOU Roy Thomas named him for a fellow comic artist.

Giovs likes this.
  10. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    That's new for me. Thanks for the info!

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It seems like a very "Lucas-y" sort of name to me. Right up there with Elan Sleazebaggano.

12. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    He was named for Mad Magazine artist Sergio Aragones. Here's an example of his SW work he did for Mad:

[​IMG]

13. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Ha! That's great. His name makes a lot more sense now.

14. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I just noticed something, in particular that no one has yet mentioned the greatest Expanded Universe Character ever written originated in the Star Wars Marvel Comics.

[​IMG]

Mount Sorrow from their Ewoks Comics.

15. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Oh boy...
    I have yet to buy the Ewoks and Droids omnibus. It looks like I'll find a new definition of the word "weirdness".

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hoojibs and The Tarkin.

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Like I said, the Marvel stuff was pretty good.