main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Fisher confirms (again).

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Apr 28, 2013.

1. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Now now Carrie, you must be on your best behavior. You don't want Bob Iger sending a battalion of storm troopers to your residence, looking for those NDA's you signed for George back in August, now do you? :)

2. Luke Heffernan

Luke Heffernan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2013
    She knows better than making the same mistake twice. She is confirmed!! :):cool::D:cool::)[:D][face_dancing]

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is (at least) the third time she's "confirmed" it. The first two her agent later said she was joking.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. Luke Heffernan

Apr 29, 2013
    She only did it once before, and like I said, She knows better than making the same mistake twice!!

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So... she isn't going to be in it, then...?

6. Luke Heffernan

Apr 29, 2013
    It all point to the facts that she will be in it ..

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  8. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Personally really don't care how many times she's joked around with it. If she returns she returns, if she doesn't she doesn't, it is not the end of the world. The main thing is we're getting a new Star Wars trilogy.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This.

And I'll believe it when it is official. I like Carrie's sense of humor but the point of it is not to take it too seriously.

eht13 likes this.
  10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Again, she is probably just kidding. For some reason I don't think they've contacted her yet about returning.

11. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    This is all just marketing hype for the most anticipated film ever, for me any how.:) We all knew they would be in it. I can see they are just building up the tension and then we will get a real big announcement. I cant stand it no more. and its been so long now since we had any real news.

12. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    your kidding right? You don't think they have even spoke her. She had to have been signed up long ago. I mean lucas most probably wanted to make sure they would do the gig before selling the company. I imagine if lucas said he had more treatments for the sequel movies, the first thing disney thought of was the big 3 returning. I may be wrong but the first thing i thought of when i found out was the big 3.

13. Luke Heffernan

Apr 29, 2013
    You really need to keep up with the news buddy .. She was contacted along time ago ..

14. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Beat me to it. [face_laugh]

Ryus likes this.
  15. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    At this point, I think we can confidently say that the Big 3 are going to return. I'd say it's been a lock ever since Harrison Ford said "I think it's going to happen" a few weeks ago. The discussion should now transition to what this means for the story. Obviously it's going to be set about 40 years after RotJ, and we're probably going to see the ultimate fate (i.e. deaths) of these characters pan out on screen.

Another element that seems to be overlooked on this board is the statement Mark Hamill made a couple months ago. Remember, he said that if he, Carrie, and Harrison didn't return, they would be written out of the script, not recast. What does that tell us? It means their roles weren't very large to begin with. However, now that they have signed, their roles will likely be expanded. Mark Hamill also said he was going to meet with Michael Arndt which likely has something to do with this. Prior to them signing, the role of the Big 3 was probably little more than glorified cameos, but now that they have signed, and the screenplay is now underway, we're probably looking at Alec Guiness in ANH screen time.

Krueger likes this.
  16. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I don't think this tells us anything. Hamill's comment clearly was made in jest. We don't know what's been written, or the extent to which the characters were involved in early treatments. There might be a treatment where they are the main focus, and one where they aren't involved much at all. We just don't know yet. It's becoming more of an assumed fact that they're all in, but nothing's confirmed.

17. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I didn't see any indication that Mark Hamill made that comment in jest. It wasn't humorous or sarcastic at all. Also, when characters can be written out of a movie, it almost always means that the role wasn't very big or very important to begin with. Here's two examples from Lucasfilm: Obi Wan's role in ESB and RotJ was going to be written out if Alec Guiness chose not to sign. He did sign, and we saw how small his role was. Another example is Sean Connery in Indy 4. He didn't sign, but was probably only going to appear during the wedding scene if he did (as the early versions of the script can attest to).

18. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I have a strong feeling that the Big 3 will be in Episode VII, if not the whole trilogy. But if they're not I'll be mad and mostly at Fisher for teasing us so much with it. Anytime Hamill or Ford say something about them being in it I take as confirmation. When Fisher says something about being in it I take it with a grain of salt. Like I said if they are not in it I'll be really disappointed but it won't ruin Episode VII for me.

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    At this point, I would like to remind everyone (including myself) that confirmed facts trumps mere speculation conjecture or wishing.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Totally off topic, but I can't decide which I like better, your user name or your signature.

The latter is spot-on, the former...well, just yesterday I watched the season 3 BBT episode in which Leonard was chasing Sheldon around the ball pit. I'm still laughing.

21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I am flattered Ma'am. The Ball Pit episode is pee in your pants funny.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    We are watching cinematic history unfolding right in front of us :)

Vastor likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I wouldn't really go that far...

24. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I want to her back. Yeah she's been a mess but I always wish the best for her and I think landing a role in this new trilogy would be good for her.

25. Luke Heffernan

Apr 29, 2013
    Ditto. But I think a lot of stuff points to the facts that they're in it ;)

If The Big 3 is not in it they shouldn't call it Episode 7.

QsAssistant likes this.