main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    He might not have meant that literally.

2. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    If Obi-wan can say it in Ep 4 and it becomes canon, no reason a droid can't in fact somehow survive that long.

I want my Dawn of the Jedi cameo, damn it.

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Interesting. Looks like we finally have Chee's official timeline up to the end of Season 5. So this must be taken from the upcoming official The Clone Wars Episode Guide by Jason Fry. No real surprises from Season 4 onward, as everything but Revival is in proper chronological order starting from Nightsisters. But the time skip of 1-2 years between Hunt for Ziro and Heroes on Both Sides is intriguing. I was under the impression that it was perhaps only a few months. But this makes sense, since Ahsoka has clearly grown. The time gap can allow for the accommodation of the other Republic and Clone Wars Adventures stories into the timeline without interference from TCW. Still, can't see it really being more than a year, for it'll really get close to the end of the war in Season 5 already, and there seems to be more stories that needed to be told before transitioning to RotS.

Now it's time to accommodate all this new information into my own Clone Wars timeline headcanon. I wish they would give us the years, but I imagine halfway through season 3 begins in early 20 BBY now? This completed timeline could put the Ahsoka Fugitive arc to mere months before RotS now. [face_thinking]

Also, I think you should put this link in the official TCW timeline thread, Akash.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  5. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I really wish we wasn't in this period of not knowing anything. This show was one of the few things I actually watch... and now its gone :(

6. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    So this weekend I worked as a press member for the C2E2 Comic Convention in Chicago, my home town. Ashley Eckstein and Dark Horse both had a presence there, so attending their events and discussing recent turns in the franchise was a personal priority of mine. My work was unrelated to them (I was mostly interviewing Cosplayers, and got to interview Ed Boon of Mortal Kombat/Injustice fame), but I had the extra time to attend the DH panel and speak with Ashley today. I've already discussed the specifics of DH's Star Wars comments in Lit, but I will give you some updates from my own talks with Ashley here. I did not do a formal interview with her, merely approached her as a fan and attendee and got an autograph, but I still squeezed in a few questions where I could.

First let me say that she's a very kind and genuinely enthusiastic guest. She just plain loves what she does, and her work for the franchise. She loves meeting the fans of all ages. She was very pleasant to chat with.

1. She reiterated that, just as we have all heard, Filoni has a new project of some kind. She knows very little about it, and so can't comment on it (or won't even if she does know), but once again, another insider suggesting we have not seen the last of his work in the franchise.

2. Most happily, when I asked her if we'd still be getting the season 5 DVDs/Blu rays, she answered yes without hesitation. Sure, she's not a Disney exec and no one but perhaps them or Dave can say for sure, but as far as she is aware, there is absolutely NO danger of us NOT getting the S5 BD release later this year. Extras and all. I didn't get confirmation of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's done work for the extras either.

3. She is NOT in the bonus content, which she reiterated as content from season 6 (This doesn't mean Clovis won't be included, I didn't ask for specifics on arcs). All of the audio recording for season 6 was done, but animation was not. I wasn't quite clear on whether or not she recorded for Ashoka after anything in S5, but Ashoka is NOT in the remaining bonus content for sure. We've seen the last of her in the show. However, as repetitive as it is for us to hear this time and time again, she said (with what seemed to be 100 percent sincerity may I add) that the remaining bonus content truly will blow us away when we see it. No hype, no fuss, whatever they've worked on for the rest of the show, she believes we will love it when we get it. She also made it clear that she sadly does NOT know when or how we'll get it, but is confident that we will, somehow, some way.

4. More out of personal interest for myself (since I'll be attending SDCC) she will return with Her Universe at SDCC this year. Sadly, she said she does not think there will be any clone wars related events there, but she does think it's always possible Dave will return and talk about his next big thing, or if we're lucky, somehow he may still discuss future TCW material. You never know. Unfortunately, this means the only event we know Dave will be at for sure is Europe CII.

So no super big news for you today, and sorry that I didn't ask that much about how many arcs, or things like that, but I was really happy with how confident she was about at least us getting Season 5's DVD/BD release. She answered without event the slightest bit of hesitation there.

And while I don't have photos or video of the meeting, I do at least have a photo of the autograph here so you can have SOME proof that I did see her.

[​IMG]

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Thanks for the report HEDGESMFG ! Any good news is good to hear at this point, so bring on the S5 Blu-ray. Ashley is a great ambassador for Star Wars, I hope they keep her involved with the franchise going forward.

rumblewagon and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  8. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    It's unfortunate because usually at C2E2 we get a teaser trailer and if not we get it at Star Wars Weekends.

Still bummed and surprised this show got the axe. Lucas not having full control anymore doomed this it seems.

9. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    We don't have to worry about Clovis, Dave confirmed in his interview with Rebel Force that Clovis arc is a part of the bonus content.
    Sad news that Ahsoka won't be in the bonus content, I would have like one more story about her.

earlchinna and rumblewagon like this.
  10. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Me too.

rumblewagon likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If Ahsoka were in the Clovis arc, she would be the one telling Anakin to leave Clovis alone and she would be the first to discover that Anakin and Padme were married, due to a Force vision with purple in it or something. And she'd probably rat out Anakin to Obi-Wan.

No thanks.

Cool that you had that experience though, HEDGESMFG . And good info there. :)

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  12. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Right now I want to know if the Yoda arc and the Boba Fett/Bane arc are still set. Clovis and Order 66 are for sure, Yoda appears to be confirmed (at least, according to Tom Kane) and Boba Fett/Bane is the one that is up in the air.

Personally those four would satisfy me for bonus content. We get a final Anakin/Padme arc, potentially expanding on Anakin's distrust in her, the potential of expanding on Order 66 and how it functions, the concept of force ghosts being expanded upon, and Boba Fett potentially making the transition to the helmet and Slave 1 with Bane and Aurra potentially being seen again and we learn of where they're headed. Really just a lot of potential (I did write it four times) for expanding (three times) on major Episode III themes as well as completing Boba's series spanning character arc.

It may not be as good as an arc tying into the opening of Episode III, but I'd think touching on Anakin/Padme, force ghosts and Order 66 are great "finale" moments that would make for a solid episode III transition.

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Disney would be even more idiotic if they did not keep her involved. She has unlimited energy and enthusiasm.

14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I actually don't mind her voice, though her perkiness can wear on my nerves sometimes..

I wonder if Filoni would consider involving her or any of the other TCW actors in the new series? Maybe Matt Lanter could do some kind of cameo as a Skywalker descendant, like General Iroh from Legend of Korra.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    It's not the best end but it's better than nothing and these subjects are very important and interesting subjects that the show hasn't explored before so having them finally is great.

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I still don't see how getting to see Ahsoka walk away from Anakin, away from the temple, and away from the Jedi order and off into the sunset doesn't count as a satisfying end to her character arc.

17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It's definitely good news that a S5 DVD & Blu-ray will definitely/most likely see the light of day, which should put the fears of it not being released at all to rest. I really hope we'll get an official statement regarding when and how the bonus episodes will be released (and which ones other than the confirmed two, if any more, will).

hlc88 likes this.
  18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    This does sound promising. I would be disappointed if S5 wasn't released on blu-ray. Really looking forward to being able to watch that series in HD, though I have been able to catch some of the episodes in HD this week on the UK CN channel. Maul arc this week which I'm anticipating seeing in HD.

19. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    On the new Rebel Force Radio, Daniel Logan almost let something slip about the bounty hunter arc, so that was definitely recorded, he wasn't sure if it would be part of the bonus content or not though.

Ani501st likes this.
  20. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010

Nuts, I didn't even think about asking him! He was there too!

Oh well, can't win 'em all.

21. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Just a thought: Since they probably won't get to do the animation to the recorded S6 audio, maybe they can convert the audio to some form of audio books or maybe radio dramas?

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the final mix is the last thing they do. Dave Filoni said they were still working on mixing the sound for Season 5 during CVI in one of his blog posts. If the animation isn't done then it's likely just raw voice tracks right now. It'd still need a good bit of work to convert to an audiobook.

23. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
  24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Some interesting things there... so there are now at least 3 arcs that we know of - Clovis, Order 66 and now a Plo Koon arc. And the fact that he has said they are still putting the final touches to animation suggests to me more arcs :) Perhaps we will get a whole seasons worth? Also anything that was slated for production before it was announced in March it was ending, appears to be being finished after all, if that article is to be believed!

does this seem more positive for the finishing touchings being put on the Bounty Hunter arc?

Also the Yoda arc to... so 4 arcs, possibly 5 are a strong possibility.