main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 6/ Bonus Material Discussion (Spoiler Free)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Great and quite intriguing clip with Plo & Wolffe; seems we'll get more than two arcs, then (and it's some really good news that they were apparently allowed to finish more arcs; I hope we'll get a final confirmation of how many there'll be).

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah thats what I want to know, how many arcs and episodes will be released as special content. The more the bettter

3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I'll be happy so long as we get that darn bounty hunter arc.

4. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    So we know of
    1) The Clovis Arc
    2) The Trench/"Order 66" arc.
    3) The Jedi Mystery arc.
    4) Maul arc?

Speaking about that clip - the John Williams music is astoundingly good. However I wonder if the fact we hear the "sith" theme play if it has anything to do with the Sith and the hunt for Darth Sidious? Awesome.

5. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    From what I know the Darth Maul arc is a no. I believe Sam said the last time he recorded was for the Mandalore arc.

6. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    That clip was awesome! Classic example of what the later seasons did so well, as far as addressing storylines of the prequel era that have been relatively unexplored. Super exciting.

My biggest worry now is that these episodes will be exclusive to the Blu-Ray set, which I never buy because they're so damn expensive. Hopefully we can buy them separate on iTunes or something's.

Also, 3 arcs? You guys do realize that's just over half a season worth of content... and if you subtract the "lesser" arcs like the droids and Jedi Kids, we're basically getting a full seasons worth of prime TWC content. That's fantastic.

7. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Three arcs for now is good, but more will rock even more.

What do you mean "lesser"?! Lesser like not as vital to the bigger themes that were really advertised a lot or do you mean arcs that you do not like so they are lesser for you?

So 3 arcs is good to hear. Clovis is 3 episodes. The Clone/Order 66/ TRENCH stuff is probably 4 episodes, and the Plo Koon stuff should be around 3 episodes.

The fact that it is said in the article that it stars Plo Koon... WELL... that makes me really happy cause that is kinda what I really wanted and pointed out months ago (especially around those answer videos from Filoni) - going back to stories that revolve around other Jedi is sooooooo cool! TOOOO GREAT~!

9. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Not true - a year ago or so Latner said on twitter he'd gotten out of a recording session with Witwer, which would mean unless Witwer is playing yet another TCW that Anakin and Maul meet. Besides, Sidious said that "he had other plans for Maul," which would indicate further episodes as this was changed from Maul dying at the hands of Sidious.

10. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Latner did voice a pirate in Revival opposite Witwer as Maul. Also don't forget that there was a cut scene from The Lawless where Anakin and Obi-Wan chat - they probably recorded the dialogue for that. It could be for any of those episodes in that arc.

11. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I think it has a lot to do with Sidious. Sidious was the one who had Dooku kill Sifo-Dyas, and the Jedi probably became suspicious after the Kamonioans said Sifo-Dyas had issued the Clone Army. Perhaps they'll be able to get some sort of link between this and Sidious, and begin investigating?

12. iPodwithnomusic

Nov 23, 2012
    Now that you mention it, according to Wookieepedia Lanter also voiced the leader of the Pyke Syndicate from Eminence.

13. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Haha I knew I'd get called out for that... "Lesser" episodes, to me, are episodes that don't have many ramifications, story-wise or thematically, to the rest of the series or the Saga as a whole. Prime episodes have either major character devolpments (Ashoka arc), events that are important to the galaxy as a whole (Maul/Mandalore arc), or explore important aspects of the Star Wars mythos(Mortis arc). Often times these prime episodes will do all 3.

There's nothing inherently wrong with lesser episodes (as long as there aren't too many of them). Just about every long-running tv series in history has at least a couple of them. They can be fun for what they are. Personally I loved the Jedi Kids arc, and certain parts of the Droids arc definitely. But they aren't the most important episodes, and they aren't the type of episodes that most fans will be looking for in these final few arcs. We want the big stuff.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I really can't see them just freezing Maul though. They need to do SOMETHING with him, he was their big thing the past couple of seasons.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

NOOOOOOOOOOO, Bad idea, worst idea EVER

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Posted in the other thread on this:

Looks amazing, Plo is a major bonus.

Digging into the Sifo-Dyas mystery/fate of the Jedi...ehh.

The Sifo-Dyas thing might be one of those ideas best left alone...if they're getting all Mortis-y again I'll be disappointed.

17. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    That sounds awesome, hopefully that is what some of the bonus episodes will entail.

18. iPodwithnomusic

Nov 23, 2012
    I finally found the link.

Geek: The show is not returning to Cartoon Network, and we have only heard it is returning as “bonus content.” Have you been having talks about what it’s going to look like next with Disney at the helm?
    Witwer: Not really, no. I’ve been asked this all over the place, you know, what’s coming up next. I mean, I understand that there are the episodes that they had completed. We’re going to see those. And that’s really cool, because there’s episodes that I’m very anxious to see as a fan. As for Darth Maul, the last Darth Maul that I recorded was the stuff that you guys saw. I knew what some of the plans were, but [“Clone Wars” Supervising Director] Dave Filoni could tell you more in terms of if there’s any opportunity to continue that. As for where Disney’s taking it, I actually am not totally in the loop. I mean, I have some friends at Lucasfilm, certainly. But I don’t really know what’s going on over there.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/04/02/sam-witwer-being-human/

19. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

who is Sifo-Dyas? i have seen all clone wars episodes but i forget

20. iPodwithnomusic

Nov 23, 2012
    He hasn't appeared in the clone wars at all. Here is a brief description of him from Wookieepedia

Master Sifo-Dyas secretly commissioned the creation of a clone army, placing an order with the Kaminoan government before he was murdered by his friend, Count Dooku.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sifo-Dyas

21. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Then I guess the next series addresses that (judging by how they changed Abercrombie's voice to Curry's voice at the last minute in The Lawless -I'd say this is likely)

However, we're probably going to have to wait another two years to ever find out what happens to Darth Maul.

22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    5) The Cad Bane/Boba Fett arc

23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    A correction to the above list based on what news we have so far:

1. The Clovis arc
    2. The Trench /"Order 66" arc
    3. The Plo Koon/Sifo-Dyas mystery arc
    4. The Yoda/Force Ghost mysteries arc
    5. The Boba Fett/Cad Bane arc

Pretty sure there was no Maul arc in production for Season 6. But there is the possibility of a Dooku/Talzin arc(s) that may or may not be far along in production. Please let me know if I am missing any more confirmed arcs.

24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Wait, where did number 4 come from? When did Filoni ever say that that was being worked on?

25. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Just to make it clear the writer of the article was the one who brought up Ahsoka possibly being in the new trilogy (based only on the fact that she is still alive). Filoni said absolutely nothing about Ahsoka being in the new trilogy. I would imagine based on the fact that Ahsoka would be in her 70's or 80's in the time of the new trilogy that she will have nothing to do with the new movies. Even if Disney fully intends to make TCW a part of the Star Wars universe I doubt they would put her in the new trilogy of movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.