main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Fisher confirms (again).

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Great news all the way around.

I think it is the obnoxious media she likes to tease more than anything.

I'm going to say that the chances of not having the big 3 at this point are 0.043258%

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Never tell us the odds.

3. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    All 3 are most likely getting in shape for their roles. Not only is this a good thing for the movie but its also good for you health wise. I want these legend to live as long as possible. There all good people.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Kenny Baker is on the treadmill 2 hours per day.

Dialysis for 41/2.

5. Luke Heffernan

Luke Heffernan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2013
    Looks like Fishers return is true. No words from her agent yet HAHA :D:D

6. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    If nothing else, I think this should finally put an end to all the debate and all the speculation on whether Carrie will get into shape or not, since she clearly seems to anticipate the use of a home trainer and getting into "really good shape" for the role. Forgiving the understandable pre-training sugar binge, I think this spelled out her (and LFL's) intentions pretty clearly. So much for THAT topic...

7. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Does anybody have a time machine ?? I want the scoop from May the 4th ;);)

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I have a time machine, but it will take four days to get there.

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well done, sir!

Darth Chiznuk and eht13 like this.
  10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    After this one her agent probably quit. :)

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    "Again?! That's it, I'm outta here."

13. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    But we haven't heard Disney's expectation on the others. Ford is already in shape, buy we may need some threads on discrimination if Disney doesn't send a trainer to Hamill's house.....

14. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    im thinking no announcement until they are in shape and movie ready...

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Not for nothing, but I hope all these guys are really up for these films - and that includes Ford, too. I hope it isn't a "oh, let's just take the money and to hell with the franchise routine which I've seen time and time again. I hate to say it, but these guys got me worried, especially since most of 'em haven't acted in a big film in years. I hope I'm wrong though and the whole thing doesn't come off as hokey nonsense.

16. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    Can you honestly expect that they WON'T follow the same pattern with Mark Hamill at this point? Just because we haven't heard it at this point doesn't mean it's unlikely.

We're beginning to get good news out of the principals now; this, and now word that John Williams is essentially locked. We need to stop reaching for reasons to think this isn't going to work.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Totally agreed.

But unfortunately, there are those out there who will never be satisfied and will nitpick everything, regardless of the outcome. It's sad, really.

18. Pfluegermeister

Jun 30, 2003
    Well, just to take their side for a moment, considering all that's happened in the franchise over the last decade or so, it's entirely understandable that people would be a little gun-shy. This new trilogy is damned important to a hell of a lot of people, and so at least at an emotional level, much is at stake. The decisions they make at LFL/Disney are going to be very pivotal, and therefore every decision is - with some justification - going to be subjected to the deepest scrutiny; we've seen what happens when the wrong decisions are made.

19. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    After all this there probably wont be an announcement on May 4th.........

20. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    You mean she hasn't eaten everything yet?
    [face_sick]

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  21. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    At this point I want to see Mark pack on 50 pounds just to spite the people who say he is incapable.

22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I wasn't serious. I was light-heartedly pointing out that if they expected her to get in shape, and not him, people would be screaming sexism all over these boards. I'm sure Hamill will be in shape.

I have been fairly sure it would work out for some time now. When you have great talent levels everywhere in a project, great prestige attached to being a part of it, and huge sums of money to pay out to participants, it isn't very likely that you aren't going to get all the best.

I am quite certain there has never been this kind of anticipation for a movie in the history of the US (or at least that will be true by the time it is released). I mean, yeah, TPM was huge in anticipation, but it paled in comparison to the talent and prestige at all level of this one (George's story, the OT cast, Disney's money, Williams, JJ, Arndt, on and on); and this is not including what is sure to be many more fantastic additions, such as the new actors.

Just money alone makes it hard to resist; Hayden was just a kid actor out of high school, and got $7 million a picture for the SW movies, and fame for the rest of his life no matter what. Kind of a hard thing to turn down.

23. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    All what ?? The only two things that has been announced is the return of Fisher and possibly John Williams. Hamill and Ford are still not announced, so there is still great stuff for May 4th.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Or rather "in film history"? I'm sorry, I just find your wording curious. Film has only been around for about half the the time the US has. And also, Star Wars Episode VII gets headlines every week even in Swedish newspapers - I'm pretty sure they're very highly anticipated all over the world.

Anyway. Back on topic.

25. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree too.

We are of course fans, and many of us like the prequels (though I don't like Attack of the Clones that much), but a huge of amount of fans and casual viewers were immensely disappointed by Episodes I-III. Because of that almost general disappointment, these people would simply check out Episode VII in a 'meh' way. They got burnt before.

Therefore, Episode VII will need: a) killer marketing, b) good story, c) good execution. Also, Episode VII will need its own identity. Rehashing the Original Trilogy, or using too many references is not a good idea. I think The Phantom Menace did well in this area, but Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were a little too overcharged with reference.

(This is off-topic, but c) execution is very important, because the main problem with the prequels was not the story, but the schizophrenic execution. Simply put, the dialogue and the actors [and their editing] were mainly low-key and static, while all the music, animation and action were hypercharged. The CG characters like Watto or even Taun-we were more lively than most of the actors. George was a lot more creative with the CG than the real shooting itself.)