main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    It is a really fancy box, :p also we already know who got his Lightsaber

Zorrixor and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Didn't this almost even happen in the Mortis episodes? And not just Revan, but Bane also?

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    From what I understand, they were only meant to be cameos, showing that The Son influenced or was familiar with some of the more famous Dark Lords... or something. I certainly hope they weren't meant to be large parts of the plot.

4. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    So more continuity issues on the horizon? All this caused by the Duros... its because they contradict the EU that has led to all this pain and suffering which in turn brings about the sequel trilogy. If this were DC comics, I would imagine that the Duros caused the Flashpoint to happen for Star Wars... :p

Zorrixor likes this.
  5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Is it wrong I had the exact same initial reaction? :p
    The Davids tried to prevent this in GODV... but did anyone listen? Noooo, they dismissed it as frivolous and allowed the Duros to continue their crusade to destroy all that is continuitious.

Cronal likes this.
  6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Now, don't tell me this article wasn't intended as a joke. It's full of obviously jocular statements:
    "Even though she was created for a TV series, Ahsoka (voiced by Ashley Eckstein) was always meant to fit in the overall saga."
    "Now, it's even possible that she could show up in director J.J. Abrams' Episode VII."

These are jokes, right?
    ... right?

Draconarius, Cronal, Zorrixor and 3 others like this.
  7. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Absolutely.

8. Grand Admiral Crumb

Grand Admiral Crumb Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2013
    LelalMekha We can only hope, my friend. I think that last part was just the article writer editorializing, the article seems full of it.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    That's not how you start to spell Chiss.

Zorrixor, RC-1991 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  10. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    They were going to be guiding the son in concept work...

11. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Somebody kill me

12. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Maybe they'll find her skeleton somewhere. Turns out she was an imaginative young girl that liked to pretend she was the legendary Anakin Skywalker's padawan. It got her killed when she realized she couldn't really make a 20 foot jump across a chasm.

13. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, I have my own alternate explanation.
    [​IMG]

14. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I would think Padme's response would be something closer to, "and why, exactly, were you dreaming of a teenage girl dressed like a hooker?" :cool:

Draconarius, Cronal, Zorrixor and 5 others like this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "She reminded me of how you used to dress on Naboo"

Draconarius, Cronal, Zorrixor and 5 others like this.
  16. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Fortunately, the exact method by which Sifo Dyas died remains unknown, nor does Dooku need to necessarily keep the body by the end of the Clone Wars.

Really, as long as he's still human, there'll be some way to retcon most of whatever they might come up with. Filoni is consciously aware of the visionaries story and said it could still happen in the s1 boxset, and Lucas himself came up with the Sifo-Dyas concept. Just look at the L-Canon thread. We've more or less dealt with some crazy, crazy crap shockingly well.

Whatever we get, if it does contradict, it can probably be worked out.

(Oh, and if that is his light saber, maybe Sifo-Dyas was a duel wielder.)

17. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Truthfully, yes, there are a number of ways that things could work out. But it's not exactly promising when each and every one of the upcoming arcs is poised to take on and potentially damage existing material. Without exception, the Clovis storyline, the Clone storyline, and the Plo Koon storyline all stand a not insignificant chance considering the show's track record, to tear apart the nature of the Banking Clan, the concept of Order 66, and the history of Sifo Dyas. That's doesn't really inspire excitement for the new material...

18. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He needed his body for Grievous blood transfusion

I'm not watching this for the sake of the preservation of my jimmies

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Which, you'll remember, was pretty stupid to begin with.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Apparently they are part of the new weight loss plan designed by my imaginary personal trainer because I have certainly lost my appetite.

Filoni will have Sifo-Dyas resurrect himself with spider-organs of some sort. He'll meet Ahsoka, who tells him that she left the Jedi because they "lost their way." He spends a lot of time with her, since he likes the tight pants and the boob-hole shirt, and discovers that...ZOMG she's right! The Jedi Order which raised him and his friend Count Dooku has lost its way! It is up to him and his new friend Padawan Tano, who is the only "true Jedi" left, to start their own obscure Order of "true Jedi"! Maybe, eventually, they will bring Anakin and Dooku with them!

Meanwhile, Ahsoka teaches Sifo-Dyas to speak Shyriwook and follow her purple-rimmed visions.

21. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I haven't actually read the story from whence this comes (what story is it?) but I have to say, it sounds pretty silly. Sifo-Dyas isn't even the same species as Grievous, why would his blood work for a transfusion?

22. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Oh noes, TCW might be covering a plot point that was left open by the films and only sporadically touched on by the EU.

Everybody complain!

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't heard the Grievous blood transfusion story, but here is what I know of Sifo-Dyas' background, of which I will be pissed off if Filoni changes it:

Dooku and Sifo-Dyas were good friends. Sifo-Dyas was persuaded to place the order for the clone army--this is where someone will have to help me out because I don't remember if it was Dooku or Palpatine who persuaded him, but whoever did it, implanted the idea that the Republic and the Jedi were in danger. Meanwhile, Dooku was disgruntled with the Order and the Republic itself, and left the Jedi, but he and Sifo-Dyas remained on good terms. Dooku essentially killed Sifo-Dyas after the latter started expressing concerns about the clone army, and did so both as his rite of passage into Sithdom and because he knew too much.

Sifo-Dyas was described in the Plagueis novel as a short, swarthy human.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It was Darth Plagueis who planted the idea of the clone army in Sifo-Dyas.

Here's pictures of him:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ah, OK, I was getting Labyrinth of Evil and Plaguies appearances of Sifo-Dyas confused.