main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Blood is blood in SW I guess. It's not like it's a franchise know for complete scientific accuracy

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Maybe he wanted his midichlorians. Don't look at me like that =P~

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    I got a blood transfusion from a mongoose once and it gave me super-speed powers.

4. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I actually did get the impression that there was some sort of "give Grievous slight Force-sensitivity" subtext to that bit. For what purpose, I have no idea, since it never amounted to anything.

And I don't mind Dooku just kind of casually keeping Sifo-Dyas on ice for a rainy day. The imagery alone is vaguely vampiric, which is great given Christopher Lee's previous roles.

Esg likes this.
  5. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    If I remember correctly, Grievous, at least in one of his many backstories, wanted to be a Jedi. I suppose taking the blood of a Jedi could be an act of desperation, a vain hope that midichlorians might be transferable. The problem is Dooku seems to be involved in it, and one would assume he would know better... unless he's screwing with Grievous, which is definitely possible.

6. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wizzer aren't you dead bro?

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think it was intended to address the whole "non-Force user defeating a Jedi with a lightsaber" angle that might have been brought up.

8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Personally I think this is a very valid explanation. In my mind it's also somehow connected with other dark side-related Force experiments, like the planet from Dark Rendezvous that went insane due to trying to genetically-engineer midichlorians. It and Plagueis make clear there are no shortage of people trying to jimmy with Force-sensitivity at this time.

Esg likes this.
  9. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I actually forgot that Sifo-Dyas' blood inside Grievous amounted to pretty much... nothing. I don't want to see Visionaries retconned, but now I must admit, it was actually fairly pointless when you consider we were never given an explanation for the purpose of the transfusion.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    And then Darth Plagueis comes along and says, no, you actually can't give someone Force-sensitivity that way.

Mr.Moto is so sorry.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Maybe Dooku was just experimenting (and the experiment failed).

12. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I think one of the Jedi Apprentice books tried the same thing (with that Zan Arbor lady exsanguinating Qui-Gon or whatever), and established a similar principle.

13. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    So what episode arcs do we have for TCW?
    Confirmed:
    -) the Plo Koon/Sifo Dyas arc
    -) the Trench arc
    Unconfirmed:
    -) Boba Fett/Bounty Hunter arc

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Clovis and a Yoda arc perhaps

15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    While Human blood would not be compatible with that of a Kaleesh, dark side alchemy might help a lot. That wouldn't be a first in the Star Wars universe. After all, Humans and Red Sith were not naturally compatible, but were allowed to breed through the use of Sith alchemy. I do think Tyranus was trying something like that.

Zorrixor likes this.
  16. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Now that would be quite the interesting new revelation on the Dooku/Sifo-Dyas/Grievous relationship.

17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    The whole Griv thing was a Vader Prototype anyway, some weird Sith Experiments in the direction certainly would not be unlikely.

Zorrixor likes this.
  18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yet another reason why I can't take TCW seriously.

Trench is dead, Filoni, in case you forgot.

Esg and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You're probably right. Grievous is just a poorly conceived character in the first place.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Essentially, they've been saying there are 2 arcs left for the "bonus content." The Boba Fett one, although partially completed, has been scrapped for the foreseeable future. We have the Clovis and Order 66 archs left based on the previews and info from the interviews with Dave, Ashley, etc, so I would surmise that Trench and Sifo-Dyas somehow fit in those two. I wouldn't be surprised if Sifo-Dyas is part of the Order 66 one based on the fact both are about the Jedi "discovering" part of the truth behind the whole war.

I have no idea how Trench fits in. Reiterating what I proposed in LACWAC, they should keep him around for a Disney animated flick. He's a Disney villain now, and so he should sing. He's totally got the voice.

21. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Disney villains have to sing?

Well, that settles it then. They need to keep Darth Maul alive so they can have a Maul spin-off featuring a mournful lament about the loss of his limbs. With tears.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yes, Disney villains have to sing. It's a requirement in their contracts.

That includes Cad Bane. The EU will just have to deal with it.

23. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Cad Bane's actually got the voice for a pretty badass villain theme.

24. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

25. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Actually, with that in mind, doesn't the ROTS novel mention that Dooku wanted to return to an older time of the Sith Empire, with Sith Lords by the legion?