main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bonus Material/Season 6 eps release format poll (NOT for discussion of the content)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kev Snowmane, Apr 30, 2013.

?

How should the Season 6 eps that get finished be released?

1. Add them all to the Season 5 dvd set?

24.5%
  2. Give them all their own separate "Season 6" dvd release?

63.3%
  3. Cartoon Network special marathon?

18.4%
  4. On line streaming/download only?

18.4%
  5. Re-edit each arc into a movie and release independently either in theaters/on dvd or both?

20.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    You can pick multiple options if you wish.

2. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I voted for their own blu-ray/dvd release. With at least 3 arcs they can put them out of season 5 box set and as the rights for these arcs belong to Disney they won't let Warner have them in season 5 box set blu-ray/dvd.

3. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    Well, if the information I just read over in the content thread is correct, we're talking at least 9 and maybe as much as 15 episodes (over half a season), so that would make sense.

4. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Netflix/Hulu premiere, hitting blu-ray/DVD 6-8 months later.

5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope they show it in a format everyone can watch not just people in the US

Huyang and Apophis_ like this.
  6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Online streaming on SW.com

7. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    But then...people in some parts of europe and other countries won't be able to see the final episodes of TCW :(:_|=((

Huyang likes this.
  8. Kev Snowmane

Jan 1, 2013
    Given the amount of material that we may be dealing with (as stated elsewhere) I think a stand-alone dvd release is the way to go, and that is how I voted. Aside from my general distrust and dislike of "e only" publishing, not everyone has internet access sufficient to support large amounts of streaming.

Just about everyone, however, does have or can fairly easily get access to a dvd player.

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    We'll tell them all about it though!

10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd probably just catch them on StarWars.com. But I definitely want a Blu Ray release at some point.

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    There's no way to "vote with our dollars" if we just view them for free on Starwars.com. They need to make these available for purchase so that we can let Disney know that we will spend our money on the Clone Wars. They only care about the bottom line.

12. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Disney only wants to make money so I doubt they'll put it for free on the internet.

13. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    True, but I'm also not buying a subscription service or upgrading my cable tier just for one show.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    That's logical... but what i'm saying is I hope Disney does NOT give fans a free way to view these. A free download would give the more "fair weather" fans a chance to not put their money towards the new material, and simply watch it for free. Disney could chalk that up as not worth their time to produce more since there isn't a lot of revenue associated.

15. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm hoping they stream them on starwars.com for a limited time, then release them on Blu-Ray and iTunes later in the year.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Since CN has ended requests fro new TCW episodes on its channel, I doubt new episodes would even air there normally.
    Download is not the best choice as Watto said. So the BEST choice would be DVD/ Bluray release... for many reasons.

I think that a separate DVD/BLURAY release would give the remaining content the justice that it deserves.
    1. I can see it now. THE CLONE WARS: THE UNAIRED SEASON with never before seen footage and episodes. Order now!
    2. Seeing as there is a lot of people wishing for more TCW content and if those people are directed to the places where they could buy these DVDs/Blurays then there could be reports of massive positive revenue for Disney from sales on TCW DVDs with the Bonus content.
    3. If there are huge praises, great sales and revenue, and many more positive outcomes from a DVD/Bluray release of the unaired Season Six episodes THEN maybe Disney might reconsider giving the series a second chance.
    I hope.

Showing Disney that TCW still can make a ton of money is the only way to make them understand. They do not care what fans say, but they would care for what fans buy.

DVD FOR THE WIN!

If they stream it on starwars.com only then chances are that only americans could see it due to vile copyright regulation on the site regarding full episodes and worldwide viewing.

17. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I'm sure if they see that TCW can bring them money, they will accept to give us more episodes.

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Exactly, in this case money DOES talk. Campaigns will come and go for Disney, but it is revenue that really is important for them. Cancelling the show in the first place shows how little they care for fan opinion.
    I am sure there have been shows that have been killed ( I think Family Guy was like that), but were brought back due to great sales and revenue from DVDs.

There is always hope IMO.

Ani501st likes this.
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Definitely give them their own season six DVD release. If we're getting four or more arcs, then there's easily enough episodes for a separate season six box set.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Even if not all arcs are done, the ready arcs can be packed as usual and anything that is not ready 100% can be given as extras on the DVD.And it has to have its own release, not part of S5. That would not cut it or give it justice.

Even if an episode is not done, that does not mean we can not enjoy anything from that episode in any shape or form. Any turntables and concept arts would be welcome as well...

As Plo recently said: EVERYTHING!!!

21. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I did Season 6/ their own DVD releases, I want to be able to buy these episodes!

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Another vote for a separate 'Season 6' DVD & Blu release. Make it happen.

23. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Originally when I thought it would be one arc of, maybe, four episodes I said add them to S5, why not?

But, in the larger context, as news and more information is coming out, these stories deserve their own Box Set! So, I say release it as Season 6 on BR/DVD separate from Season 5.

Kev Snowmane likes this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I chose, edit them into a movie

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    However Disney/Lucasfilm decide to premiere the content, whether it be through airing episodes on Disney XD (which I felt they just should have done in the first place, while giving us one final, completed season 6), streaming the arcs on SW.com, or whatever else they may have in mind, ultimately, I just hope that the episodes are made available to us in a separate, stand-alone blu ray release. I have each of the first four seasons on blu ray and expect to add Season 5 come around October, sometime. As such, I'd really feel let down if I wasn't able to complete my collection in a uniform set of media after all these years.

I'm kind of surprised that one of the poll's options wasn't for a chronological, "The Complete Series"-type of blu ray/dvd box set, which includes the new arcs as the "bonus content" Lucasfilm has already described the material as. I'd hate to think that this would be the only official way to own the new stories (as it would no doubt force a lot of us to re-purchase multiple season's worth of TCW we already own), but if the company does decide to release a box set, it wouldn't exactly shock me if this is the one way they make the Season 6 material available to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.