main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Luke become so wise and so powerful that he can even stop the ones he cares about from dying?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LottDodd, May 1, 2013.

1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Luke's primary trait, that seperates him from the Jedi of Old, is his compasion. His "faith in his friends" is his weekness, as the Emperor Himself points out.

Thirty years on, can Luke do what Anakin could not? Accept the loss of a friend or a loved one? Or would he go to ANY length to save them.

He pushed aside his Jedi training to recklessly try and save Han and Leia on Bespin.... He is wiser, and more mature now, but if the stakes were high enough?

The question of immortallity/the netherworld of the force is one of the few unanswered questions that run through both the PT and OT, it is one of the few threads that can narratively tie into the ST. Thematically it ties in with aging heroes and generations down the line.

Can Luke learn to let go...? Of his friends? Of his accomplishments? Of the galaxy he helped rebuild? Of life, itself?

Or will the desire for things to be the same, of his friends staying together... be the seed of his undoing?

2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Luke is a Jedi, not a Sith. He knows there is no death, there is the force.

He'll be able to let go and he wont look for immortality

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I want to see Luke being more like Obi-Wan when it comes to death, not like Anakin.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Hm... excellent idea! I love this!

Perhaps not Luke, rather his son/daughter/whoever the new hero(ine) is. Perhaps they can start going down the same path, then Luke can tell the story of Anakin, or maybe even Anakin himself could do some Force ghost action and relate his tale...

5. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    No, he will not.

Twilight is upon me, and soon, night must fall. That is the way of things. The way of the Force.”

What Palpatine tried to lure Vader into doing is unnatural and goes against the Force, and Luke knows that. Luke has always been able to accept loss and move on-Owen and Beru, Obi-Wan, Biggs, Yoda, and his father. It's his peaceful nature that makes him such a great Jedi.

6. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    That could be interesting.
    But if he does so, we shoud see him save only those who would die... Unnatural.
    He can't prolong anybody's life if their time has come.

7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    IDK about literally but I'd like to see *stealing a line from Star Trek Into Darkness*: Is there anything you would not do for your family? Maybe a cute subplot could be Luke becoming extremely protective of his family *probably the new hero the most* and see what he is willing to give up in order to ensure their safety. Could definitly be interesting and most likely would end in some form of tragedy but hey...tragedy is fun sometimes :p

8. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    But Leia has always been a "hot button", even for Zen-Luke. He is allready in his "I will not fight you" mode when Vader starts needling him about his Sister. Immediately, Reckless, Impulsive Skywalker is back and chopping of his fathers hand in a fit of anger. He would gladly, and easily, sacrifice himself ala Kenobi if given that choice.... but would he so willingly accept the sacrifice of Han.... or more important, Leia?

9. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, and then he overcame his urge to kill Vader. He already underwent this certain test and came out the victor. No sense in repeating it.

11. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I'd have to agree with the callers here. This seems like this would be a Sith power...

-C

12. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    no,

Luke isn't God, nor a marvel comic

(granted, Star Wars was a marvel comic or had something to do with Marvel at one stage)

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This could solve ten threads at once. Luke can manipulate the [retconned] Midichlorians to create life, thereby bypassing the need for a wife, while still having a child to carry on the Skywalker name and that Midichlorian-created [retconned, by the way...] child will fall to the dark side, actively rebooting the entire saga (from a certain point of view) and the [retconned] Midichlorians will appear as lens flares. And... End Scene...

14. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    :rolleyes: o_O ...and that disapproving chorus grows ever louder. There is nothing wrong with the way midichlorians were portrayed, people need to get over themselves.

appleseed likes this.
  15. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No, he will become so wise and so powerful that he can even stop the ones he cares about from lying.

17. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    Wasn't the whole fall of Anakin based on the fear of loss and death of loved ones? Don't forget according to Yoda, EVERYTHING is a path to the dark side. Personally I think using that as a plot device would undo Vader's sacrifice and a lot of other things in the first six movies.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    What's with all these people who want Luke to fall to the Darkside. Have they ever actually watched ROTJ? That story has been told already. Thank the force no one on these boards is writing these movies. :)

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    How do you know that. Maybe Michael Arndt is on here and most of the members are his socks?

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Shhh, I want him to think we're not on to him. :)

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe he will get into some Victor Frankenstein type of resurrection plot, and bring back his mother. Then they would have an excuse to bring Natalie back after her Best Actress nod.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He's you!
    [​IMG]

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I will allow the contextually-inclined to reply for me:

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I never joke. I'm always serious all of the time.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Promoting pizza is serious business. Just ask the mob.