main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Should Luke be single, married, divorced, or a widower?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had in mind a pesticide-resistant colony of insects but the sand analogy works as well.

Where is my broom and pressure washer?

DarthBreezy likes this.
  2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Not since Lucas allowed the EU, then sold to Disney. :p

And really, its was a possible future, nothing more nothing less. At the end of the day it was just the dark side force warning Luke about a potential threat in an attempt to mess with him due to being in the cave when Yoda said the dark side was

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I cannot wait until Episode VII arrives and completely napalms the EU and then we move on to hearing how that doesn't siginify anything and they are just saving the EU for Episode VIII and then Episode VIII comes & goes without acknowledging EU material and then we get to hear how they were saving the EU stuff for Episode IX...

kainee, Lee_, eht13 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Lolz... if ep VII comes out and napalms the EU I doubt many will say it will come back into play in VIII. More than likely they'll say it will come into play in spinoffs set just post RotJ and/or the tv show, arguing for a divergent point. [face_tee_hee]

kainee likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Divergent point" philosophy is a brilliant one. You're probably right about that. So, actively avoiding spin-off discussions post-Episode VII is my new goal.

kainee likes this.
  6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    You mean we shouldn't talk about an adaptation of Union? buts its kinda on topic for this thread, I mean if Luke does get married how should the big day be done? ;):p

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Now awaits fallout... [face_whistling]

kainee likes this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The lightsabers are funny. Did they think they were going into battle? :p

kainee and V-2 like this.
  8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I just wanna know who invited the guy with the red lightsaber :p

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's Darth Plagueis reborn. He forgot to change the crystal in his lightsaber though.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Bwahahaha!

JediGirl_Angelina, kainee and Ryus like this.
  11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    It's kind of like the end-if-the-world doomsayers; once the day the world was predicted to end comes and goes without incident, they don't say "Oh, we were wrong, I'll be darned!" No, instead, they concoct another paranoid theory about how the date was just wrong, or God temporarily changed his mind, or some other far-fetched nonsense. The world is more manageable when you can just create reality as you go; it helps one to feel in control.

kainee likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The EU should've never existed. There! I said it! I had to get that off my chest, and I now feel better goddammit!

JediGirl_Angelina and kainee like this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    More likely we'll get a lot of EU vs ST wars to replace the OT vs PT wars.

14. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I think you may be dead on with this one.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Your signature pretty much already said that. :p And for me personally, I do kind of feel that way. I'm fine with other SW fans enjoying whatever parts they enjoy, and I'll defend their right to, but at the same time I kind of wish Lucas had never approved the opening of that can of worms.

It could be a refreshing change. :p

kainee likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wish he hadn't allowed writers who write Mary Sues to get paid to dabble in his universe approved some of it. Beyond that, I just wish he had given either a solid stamp of approval or no stamp of approval, not this "different levels of canon"/"I can override this at any time" bull**** that we get now.

And given that the OT vs PT wars have gotten ridiculously old and stale, seeing the EU vs ST wars should make the Internet a newly exciting place.

kainee, Pro Scoundrel and eht13 like this.
  17. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    That war started the day we got the Disney announcement.

kainee likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    ... a new kind of old and stale...?

I suppose that I rather like the sound of that.

19. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Are you tired of "traditional" stale arguments? Tired of arguing over who shot who first, or if Jango is better than Boba, or if Watto is an alien Shylock?

There's got to be a better way!!!

Well now there is! Now, you'll be able channel your internet nerd-rage into new all-new avenues! Prepare for such thread titles as:

"I just watched Episode VII - where the F#%K is Thrawn?"

"Abrams raped my prolonged adolescence."

"The Solo Twins & why their haircuts are just wrong, wrong, wrong."

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I like the sound of "Abrams raped my prolonged adolesence". It is infinitely more concise than my long-used "Lucas raped my underdeveloped adulthood which still resembles a childhood". I am making the switch!

21. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    "Abrams raped my prolonged adolescence."

Bwahahaha!

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I've chosen my side - unless the movie sucks like an electrolux and then I join the "Star Wars is only 6 movies and TCW" crowd.

kainee likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I especially like the last one. If the new characters have no 80ties hair I am going to explode in a blast of force lightning sufficient to fry Godzilla.

24. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Jaina Solo cant have a Leia hairdo, it destroyes her character
    [​IMG]

:p

25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, ST > Eu. If the ST is bad then I'm retiring. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.