main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Really? I am Sure I trained you better than this!?!?

2. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Oh yea, I guess you did train me, didn't you? :p

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not to sit and behave....that's for sure... o_O

4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Sit and behave? Where is the fun in that?

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not all your life is about fun. (In RL, check your surroundings my friend ;) ) Sometimes you have to be good....and follow the rules. Now, back to where I start JacensGirl off...

JacensGirl likes this.
  6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    For the record I never behave....even at work.

You could start off by training her the difference between Jedi and Sith....

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Basics you think? [face_thinking] Interesting....maybe you need to go back there too? o_O

On that note I'm off to collect my kids and take them over to re charge their bus passes for school. ;)

BultarSwan likes this.
  8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Pssh. I know the difference. The Sith have red lightsabers and Jedi don't.....right?

JacensGirl likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, that'll do it......sit down before you hurt yourself. :p

BultarSwan likes this.
  10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Yea. Don't wanna make you all look bad.
    *sits down*

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Really Chewie, really o_O

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

Chewbacca89 and The_Zeltron like this.
  12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    On a less...odd...note.

I've been all sorts of busy lately (hence my extended absence from the BMC there for a while). I'm hoping to get a Danny post up sometime soon though.

13. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Soooooonnnnn.... <.<

14. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Quick Games, over in FanForce Community. And thanks!

BultarSwan likes this.
  15. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    And finally! Tonight I'll finish my two-week workload and return to my usual posting. :D

16. JacensGirl

JacensGirl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Bring it ;)

*is on a high from work* :D :p

17. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    JacenGirl :D

18. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Glad to hear it Val. :cool:

19. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
  20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  21. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Master Mitth_Fisto here is my assignment.
    Describe for me the Living Force and the Unifying Force, give examples of how Jedi have felt these different aspects. Then expound upon what is the difference of the light side or the dark side in comparison to these two aspects.

The Unifying Force and the Living Force are two different views of the Force. They are different in the way the see the Force and its light and darksides. They are also different in the way they are lived out. Followers of the Living Force focus on the here and now, while followers of the Unifying Force focus on a destiny and the future. Those who believe in the Unifying Fore believe that there is no light or darkside of the Force, only the Force itself. The believers of the Living Force believe in a light and darkside and are always mindful of their actions. Jacen Solo and Yoda are two examples of Jedi who follow the Unifying Force. They both heavily relied on visions of the future and, Solo especially, believed that there is no light or darkside of the Force. One of the more famous followers of the Living Force is Qui-gon Jinn. He was focused on the present at all times and was always aware of the temptation of the darkside. These are 2 different ways of seeing the Force.

Just a note: I would have written something longer and more detailed, but it would have been extremely biased. I decided to go with the unbiased approach, so I didn’t write a long report on whether or not one view is right or wrong.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I would rather like to hear that bias. It is a good thing for a Jedi to face and recognize their bias'. After all we all have them, if we ignore them we cannot become better if they are wrong, or know for certain whether to be sure of our own thoughts concerning things. ;)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  23. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I too, would like to hear your further thoughts...

24. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Edit: here it is Mitth_Fisto.:)

The Unifying Force is a way of seeing the Force as just the Force with no lightside or darkside. They view the Force as a sort of tool that is neither good nor evil. The Jedi who believed in this view of the Force heavily relied on visions of the future and fulfilling a destiny.

The Living Force is another way of viewing the Force. A follower of the Living Force believes that there is a clear darkside and lightside of the Force. They tend to live in the moment and focus on the present.

My view of the Force is more in the middle of the two views, but I tend to lean more towards the view of the Living Force, especially in the way visions are viewed. I believe that there is not a lightside or darkside of the Force, meaning that I don’t see the Force as having two sides, but I do believe that there is a darkside of the Force that stems from the emotions that fuel your actions. For instance, if someone used Force lightning to defend a helpless child, some of the more extreme followers of the Unifying Force, such as Vergere, would probably say that because the lightning was used to defend, it was okay. A follower of the Living Force would probably say that it was wrong, because the darkside was used. I would say it was wrong because of the hate and anger that fueled the actions. I don’t see the darkside as a part of the Force, but a use of the Force fueled by ‘darkside emotions’.

The way I see visions of the future matches up with the Living Force. I believe that because the future is always in motion it is pointless to rely on Force visions. When someone stays focused on visions and a destiny they overlook what is right in front of them. Anakin Skywalker is a good example of this. He became so focused on his vision of his wife’s death he didn’t even stop to consider that his actions might in fact cause her death. He was so focused on what might happen, he didn’t worry about the here and now, and his wife ended up dying anyways. Force visions should be a warning of what could happen, not a guide to stopping something from happening that might not occur anyways.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  25. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Hi everybody! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.