main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    *whispers to him across the ether* Please, please no time travel, please ... hear me ....

DarthBreezy likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Please don't bring back dead characters, either. kthxbai

I swear, Heaven has a revolving door in the GFFA. Anywho...

YKYAFFWW...

...you've been depressed for a while because your muse has flown the coop when it comes to your current project. However, there are plenty of other plot bunnies bouncing around, demanding that you pay attention to them, but they have absolutely nothing to do with anything that you're trying to work on! Fine time to get interested in Pokemon again... [face_plain]

pronker and Padawan4687 like this.
  3. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    YKYAFFWW...

You're loaded with ideas for a story, and you get writing...but it's difficult to pay effective attention, because you're also loaded with those notorious plot bunnies that hop around and jump around till you write them down too!

smuggler_vola likes this.
  4. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    Your friends don't even notice anymore when you scribble down your conversations in a notebook while muttering something about bunnies.

Ahsoka_Tano_11 likes this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    ... when you start going insane because of darth writer's block

6. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    DWB is the utter worst... :p

YKYAFFWW...when you randomly make up a FF with a canon character as a friend, the "romance threat" is constantly there, even if you want the two to stay as friends

7. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Bitten by the shipping bug, we all are. No known cure?

8. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    ...when you can't focus on any one idea long enough to actually finish the darn thing :p

9. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    The shipping bug is awful... I try my hardest to keep the, friends, and they stay so on paper, but...in my mind... XP

10. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    ... or when you're unsure if you <i>want</i> to, because then it's <i>over</i>, and who knows if another bunny will hop along? *bites nails*

11. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Good point. :p

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    ...Your niece is having trouble completing stories, so you describe the three-act story structure, and all of your examples are fan fiction.

...You then show her how to write an outline, using a spur-of-the-moment plot bunny.

...You end up going into a lot of detail for this brand new plot bunny that you have unleashed upon the world... and then leave your plot outline at your niece's place. >.<

13. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I can't push the button for like this ... it's just too sad ... *hopes you get detailed notes back*

14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    YKYAFFWW- your kids never ask about what's going on with friends or family, but they want to know what you OC has been doing lately and "What did the people on TFN say about that?" o_O

mavjade and pronker like this.
  15. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    you start to think/act/speak like the character you're writing about irl. (especially if its a canon character and nothing even close to a self insert, or has no personality traits in common with you) When this happens to me its really freaky because I do not realize its happening and the people I'm roleplaying with point it out ooc.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    ...You realize how very easy it is for you to slip into any of your characters, particularly your off-kilter characters, and then you have to wonder what it says about your state of mind.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...when you actually go look at the Wikipedia entry on the Language of Flowers because a character wants to be really, really subtle with their message. Yes. In flowers.

18. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    YKYAFWW when, despite yourself, you get carried away with fonts and gimmicks like this and most of all, strikethrough.:cool: This makes you feel more authorial.

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    ...When you start thinking of what cities you've been to link to what planet in the GFFA. I've decided that Gettysburg would be Yavin IV.

20. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Or when you have Wookieepedia in your favorites bar on the top of your computer...and you go there more than Facebook.

21. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    When you go more to Star Wars Fanon wiki, then Wookiepedia. :)

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    ...When you put art based on your fanfics in your portfolio, and then relish the opportunity to talk about your fanfics in a professional setting.

23. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    -When you're so excited to be writing again, the first thing you say when your coworkers ask about your weekend is "I wrote a fanfic!"

-When you should be studying for a test, but instead you're looking up pictures to go with a fic (and you spend half of that time drooling over some of those pictures, instead of just getting the ones you need [face_whistling] )

-When you hear a song on the radio and immediately think "THAT IS TOTALLY CHARACTER X & Y'S RELATIONSHIP! I must write this!" (shouty caps and all).

Can you tell I seriously missed writing, lol?

pronker likes this.
  24. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...when you go look at star maps on Wookieepedia to see if something is plausible or not. (It was. Oh the hilarity of trying to pull it off...)

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    When an actor on one of your favorite TV shows gets a haircut (translation: Shaves it the frell off), and the haircut itself inspires whump!fic.