main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Luke become so wise and so powerful that he can even stop the ones he cares about from dying?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LottDodd, May 1, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What? You mean there are members of TF.N who actually have a sense of humor and understand humor??? :eek: I was beginning to think that Disney was attempting to either censor all of us or kill us in our sleep.

Here, this is srs post:

No stories about Luke trying to achieve immortality for himself or other people, turning to the Dark Side, or in any other way rehashing his father's story. That one was told. Nothing more to see here, move along, move along.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    At least we know where his loyalties lie... No commentary on my idiotic assertion of Luke conceiving a child via midichlorian manipulation. No mention of my moronic speculation that Luke will turn to the Dark Side. Heck, we even got away with an uncontested "Reboot the saga" line! [face_dancing]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    But beware, laughter, shenanigans, tomfoolery; the fun side are they. If once you start down the fun path forever will the lightsaber be removed from your butt. :)

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "What's in this thread"?
    "Only what you take with you".

5. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    It would be interesting to see Luke start questioning his own beliefs and start searching the dark side for answers.

[face_nail_biting]

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah and have the new hero feel horribly guilty about it cause he feels like its his fault Luke is doing this, and when Luke dies then he fully realizes that "Ok...even trying to look up dark side stuff leads to death. AVOID AVOID AVOID". IDK

7. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I also had an idea that an older Ahsoka Tano could make an appearance and hand Luke a Holocron which she obtained from the Jedi Temple before it was destroyed. She could also shed much light about the order and the fate of his father. This would definately make him desire to learn more and perhaps venture into the dark side for a spell.

[face_nail_biting]

8. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    IDK about Ashoka but I can see his desire to learn how to prevent death could probably come from a death. Lets say something like this happens: The villain kills Leia and it devastates both the new hero and Luke. New hero cause maybe he viewed Leia as a mother-like figure and Luke cause...you know twin and all. Luke then realizes that the villain is obviously targeting those close to him and instantly fears for the new heroes life. He might then start delving into those dark side abilities in a desperate attempt to avoid feeling the pain of loss again *in a way its selfish and selfless because he's doing it to avoid personal pain but also to prevent a most likely brutal death of the new hero, who he may treat like his own child*. IDK...I'm just thinking up angsty stuff :p

9. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Will Luke become so wise and so powerful that he can even stop the ones he cares about from dying?

that would be an absolute no.[face_shame_on_you]

*remembers that only a Sith deals in absolutes*[face_thinking]
    *shrugs*[face_dunno]

10. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Its as good idea as any. We'll all find out what happens in about 3 years. But it will be an exciting 3 years!
    ;)

Vastor likes this.
  11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    It definitly will. Frustrating yes *thats what JJ is known for* but exciting.

12. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I'm sure the movie will be great. Its in good hands IMO!
    :*

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think any element of Luke delving into the Dark Side would completely undermine the point of ROTJ, which was that Luke threw down his saber and did not turn to the Dark Side.

The only thing I find remotely interesting about an older Ahsoka making an appearance would be the connection to Anakin. "You knew my father? You were his Padawan?" But I don't know where she would get a holocron from the Jedi Temple unless she stole it before she left. She could be a source of information on the old Jedi Order, as someone who left the old Jedi Order and therefore is not exactly an objective source of information on it.

As far as a villain targeting someone close to Luke--again, that happened in ESB.

14. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I really don't want to see an appearence by Ahsoka.

IF TCW is canon, then it would seem odd that she wasn't hunted down in order 66,

she was after all "as wise as master Yoda and powerful as master Windu"

or was that Obi-Wan? :p

15. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    Luke gets to see his father as a 30 year old man. He knows where immortality lies.

16. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Yes, there is. And no, we don't.

17. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

Seriously, though, good post.;)

KED12345 likes this.
  18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Plagueis described them as "barriers" to the full potential of the force, which is something I like better.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  19. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    death is not natural.... saving people is not a dark side desire..... dealing in absolutes is not bad

Vastor likes this.
  20. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013

Hmmm... Not that it matters but that pic put me to think a little about Anakin's age and though I agree with him being about "41.9 years old" during the battle of Yavin, there's only a 4 year gap in the story between Ep. IV and EP. VI because only 1 year passes between Ep. V and Ep. VI which makes him almost 46 by the time he died... seems whoever made that meme thought that 3 years had passed in the story as well as in real life in that gap, making him about 48, or "almost 50"... :p
    A huge nerd like the one pictured should know this!

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  21. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Luke should definitely NOT fall to the dark side. Luke should become the most powerful Jedi of all-time. So powerful that he doesn't even need to yield a lightsaber (but he probably will, anyway)

22. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Seems whoever made this meme doesn't really care, just had a funny idea and went off info in wookiepedia.

wockawocka

edit: on 2nd thought I hope I don't sound too butthurt, the like meme's namesake ;)

:: pushes eyeglasses up ::

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  23. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

That is a very young age to die. It's not even AARP, which is fifty and ridiculous since retirement age is 65.

And if Luke didn't go off the deep end with Mara they he never will. And he never would. He's Luke. "Hey, it ME!"

24. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Will Luke become so wise and so powerful that he can even stop the ones he cares about from dying?

No, but I think Luke might get killed by someone who has that ability.;)

25. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012