main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Tales from the Old Republic?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Know-It-All's Wife, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Darth Know-It-All's Wife

Darth Know-It-All's Wife Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm a fan of the short-story books (Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Tales from Jabba's Palace, Tales from the New Republic, etc.). One that seems to be missing is Tales from the Old Republic - a collection of short stories about peripheral characters in the prequels. Is there such a book? If not, does anyone know of any plans to put it together? I would buy it in a heartbeat! (And I would actually pay full price for it - something I rarely do.)

cthugha likes this.
  2. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    The Tales books were a treat, and there's been a lot of fan interest in more of them for years. Before the starwars.com forums shut down, Sue Rostoni indicated on them a few times that she, too, was a fan of the idea of more Tales books. Death Star is about the closest we got to another one, though; it's basically Tales from the Death Star but with each tale spread out throughout the book.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  3. Grand Admiral Crumb

Grand Admiral Crumb Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2013
    One of the things I hated learning from The Essential Reader's Companion is the huge amount of uncollected stories available to them. I don't know, but I guess Del Rey is only interested in publishing hardcover books right now. I think the best thing they could do for developing the franchise more is to publish more anthology books.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Sometimes I wonder... back in the 90s when the old "Tales of" anthologies were released, many of the authors were the leading SW novelists at the time (Zahn, Stackpole, Tyers, KJA, Hambly, Wolverton, Crispin, etc). If they were to do one now... wow. Imagine the possibilities.

Gorefiend and Zeta1127 like this.
  5. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Squibs. Squibs *everywhere*.

Of course, we would also get another Miller short story, and JJM is freaking fantastic at short stories.

Barriss_Coffee and Zorrixor like this.
  6. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Yep I agree with OP, love all of the tales books. I thought Death Star was a good book too, really didn't mind that novel at all.

7. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Yes, I'd love for some of the old WEG authors to come back and do a short story series set in either the Old Republic or the GFFA.

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    There is still a few dozen WEG short stories that never got collected, they would not even need to come back, just publish the missing ones. [face_praying]

9. Grand Admiral Crumb

Grand Admiral Crumb Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2013
    Gorefiend Not to mention all the stories they've published in Insider over the years. It's like free money practically!

Zorrixor likes this.
  10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    This.

11. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    1 2nd the motion.

The fans must have these stories! :)

12. Crimson Zephyr

Crimson Zephyr Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2013
    This needs to be a thing. Along with Tales of the Galactic Alliance.

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If the Lost Tribe omnibus is a sales hit, maybe we'll get more anthologies but, short of that, don't hold your breath waiting for any.

14. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh my goodness, it's such a wonderful idea. I think it would be great for them, especially now with LucasArts out. It would remind the non-fanatic fans that there's something MORE out there and appeal to us greatly as well.

15. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    I'd love more Tales books. They were fantastic, and I really liked getting to know random background characters in the Star Wars universe.

16. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    And seriously, if they're not sure about sales they could still just publish it as an e-book first, like the Lost Tribe novellas.
    So what are they waiting for?