main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars: The Clone Wars nominated for seven daytime Emmys

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Convor, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05...daytime-emmys?abthid=5181cc26a30ccd946e000042

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Finally some recognition for the talents on this great show! Congrats to those who got nominated.

Of course they wait until it's cancelled. Like praising someone at their funeral after not acknowledging them in life. :(

3. Convor

Feb 25, 2011
    I think the reasoning is similar to when Return of the King was nominated for all of its oscars - some of the awards for season 5 are by proxy for the entire series.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope TCW wins in all categories. It will give the series the boost it deserves.

Indeed, Watto.

But so many people deserve trophies and awards for making the show what it is.
    From concept artists to voice actors - all deserve endless praises.

Good analogy and I agree. I feels kinda like LOTR's history with awards.

But seeing as we have Hondo, Maul and Huyang nominated, I would say that it is for Season Five alone regarding characters. Cummings as Hondo and Witwer as Maul really shined as performances in the season.

Kiner's music in Season Five has been one of the best from the show and I get it why is he getting an award now.

But where is Matt Wood!?

The Shadow Emperor and Ani501st like this.
  5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Great job to TCW and crew on the nominations. I wonder if this means they may be nominated again next year for their 2013 episodes.

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Meh, I'll be rooting for Transformers Prime. The only thing I see TCW winning is voice acting, because they have three of the five nominees already. And of those the only one I'd say was actually good was Jim Cummings.

I'd sooner the show not win anything, and definitely not nominate Filoni for director. That's a WTF if I ever saw one.

Esg and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  7. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program -
    Jim Cummings as Hondo Onaka

[face_hypnotized] =D=[face_dancing][face_party]^:)^[:D]:)

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    NO! You're wrong!

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

I SECOND THAT! He did a great job in his appearances!!!

What does Transformers Prime have that TCW does not have?! Prime too has "Ahsoka" and continuity annoyances that you love.Think Miko and Bulkhead...
    So I do not understand your post, but maybe anger will get the best of all of us and that is the only reason you say things like
    Give them a break. I mean are you not happy (I AM NOT) that they are over. Is that not enough for you to abandon your TCW-hating ways, Dear Zandalor?

10. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Nope, it really isn't. They might be giving them their supposed due because the show was cancelled, but Season 5 was such an atrocious mess of half baked ideas and poor execution that I really would rather not see it win anything at all. Especially nominating Filoni. It's obvious that his calling is in animation, but as a lead producer, his bias towards making things look good rather than fully realizing the scripts or narrative really showed through this season. The show never looked better, and it was never written worse.

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program -
    Sam Witwer as Darth Maul

[face_hypnotized] [face_devil] =D=[face_devil] [face_dancing][face_devil] [face_party]

Cevan, TrandoJedi, credar and 4 others like this.
  12. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Sam "My Testicles are caught in a vice grip" Witwer? Nah, Jim Cummings only.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Convor

Feb 25, 2011
    Opinions are wrong? :confused: Oh whoops I forgot what forum I was on for a second.

I think we can all agree that Jim Cummings' nomination is well deserved, at least.

credar, JackG, eht13 and 4 others like this.
  14. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

15. Convor

Feb 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

Dem good feels.

16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I have a bad feeling about this... 3 nominations in one catagory. I'm worried that TCW will win the majority of the votes for Outstanding Preformer in an Animated Series but that those votes will be so evenly distrubted between Jim Cummings, Sam Witwer, and David Tennant that at the end of the day none of them win but one of the other two nominations beats them by default since all three where so good its hard to pick a best ... [face_nail_biting]

17. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    He can't be that great. I don't even remember a Hondo Onaka...

Know-it-all mode off: I think Jim Cummings and Sam Witwer are good choices, they did such a great job (especially Sam Witwer; though I might think so because I'm traumatized by the German voice actor). But I never get what's so special about David Tennant as Huyang.

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That is your opinion, but it is yours. Sure Onderon was slow, but the rest pretty good in S5.If you hate it so much, don't you find writing against it a little counter-productive for yourself?
    The Season was an improvement over S4 for me so yeah, you will not find a supporter to your post from me.

And Transformers prime has worse writing, especially, when it comes to working with great concepts and wasting them in 3 episodes of a new season aka Optimus being Evil and aka Autobots being hunted. Two things that were being advertised, but were squandered in the first few episodes of a new season.
    A WASTE, but you obviously like that. :p

HABAWAHH!>!>!>!?>!!?! Do not remember who is Hondo!?? What blasphemy is this?! :p

If you are serious, go rewatch episodes 1, 5, 7, 8, 9 of Season Five and then let us talk.

I may hate that they brought him back Witwer did give everything from himself in the performance so he does deserve a nomination the least.

19. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan I said I don't remember a Hondo Onaka, but I do remember a Hondo Ohnaka appearing in the episodes you mentioned and I can assure you, I'm far from forgetting him.:p

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH... I get your joke. I just stopped correcting people...since when I mistaked the name of, say, Ben Q...well... well... I called on it.And people do not like it.

But you are right, it has an "h" there.:p

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The one in which negative opinions about any aspect of the franchise are considered blasphemy and warrant one of the following overly-personal harassing responses: why are you here?, something something haters something, why don't you just leave? or GTFO.

But since I don't give a flying **** if I'm blasphemous or not (on a message board or in real life), I'm going to agree with Zand.

Filoni does not deserve "best director." He's one hell of an animator and would deserve an award for that, but his "direction" consists of "hey, writers, this episode needs Ahsoka, and needs the viewers to be shown how awesome Ahsoka is."

Season 5 sucked bantha ****.

I thought James Arnold Taylor deserved a VA nomination more than those who did get nominated. Hondo's voice always sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me (let's see who is too young to get that reference).

The music nominations I agree with.

Esg, K'Kruhk and eht13 like this.
  22. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    I know, people don't like it and normally I don't do that, but this time it was too tempting.

23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    David Tennant is one of the UK's FINEST actors. You should be honoured that he even agreed to be in the show. And its frankly a surprise he was nominated too.

24. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Seriously? I don't doubt the guy has talent, but should we really be 'honored'? We also had Simon Pegg on the show, and half you guys vilified him over comments he made four years ago.

25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Great to see that TCW got so many nominations and hopefully it wins as many of those as possible. The voice actor nominations are all solid choices, even Tennant (whom I'm not that familiar with) who was really good as Huyang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.