main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Retcons

Discussion in 'Literature' started by General Immodet, May 2, 2013.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    If you would have to retcon one thing, what would it be?

For example:
    Some fans think they should make Kenth Hamner and Palpatine's grandson the same individual.
    I know it is a lousy example, but still... ;)

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I would retcon TOR into a single player RPG named KOTOR3. :p

3. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    ^That's the big one that comes to mind. =D=

I'd retcon The Ones and Abeloth out of existence entirely, Vergere from having been involved in some Sith Plot with Lumiya, and made Darth Caedus into Darth Krayt, along with Boba Fett having been a clone of Jango.

TychoCorde likes this.
  4. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Optimus Prime once famously said that a certain someone would never stop at just one and, in this case, he's right about me.

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I would retcon TOR out of existence.

GrandMasterKatarn and Sable_Hart like this.
  6. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    I would retcon the whole Legacy of the Force series... so many sad developments and character assassinations. I would meshed that series and FOTJ into a single series.

Unrest between factions in the GFFA leads to a war/dispute where the Jedi try and remain neutral, however the dark side starts to cloud their abilities. A group of Jedi go on a mission in search of the source of this dark entity (for lack of better word). The teams leader hero of The Yuuzhan Vong war Jacen Solo uncovers a mysterious woman with great force powers. She seems to be the key to helping him resolve the issues he's been having with the vision of Allana and the Dark Man. Jacen doesn't know the mystery woman is Lumiya the Dark Lady of the Sith. She takes him away from group and they search the galaxy for answers.

Meanwhile many young Jedi are falling into insanity which leads the senior members of the Order (Luke, Mara, Saba etc) to seek out answers and a cure. While on their journey they discover Abeloth. Who bonded with the children while in Maw. The masters then go on a journey to seek other force cultures that may have the key to defeating Abeloth. (she wouldn't be such a big threat just a side story)

Jacen and Lumiya travel to many worlds linked with the Sith and they find clues that lead them to a forgotten world called Kesh that is rules by Sith exiled there millenia ago. The Keshiri immediately realize Lumiya is also a Sith which puts Jacen on the defensive. The Sith entrap him and place him in a cell, Jacen reaches ot to Jaina who has been searching for him with her cousin and Jacen's apprentice Ben. Lumiya and the Lost Tribe join forces and her and a few members go to the Remnant and ally with the Moffs who long for the former glory of the Empire.

On their way to rescue Jacen, Jaina and Ben come into contact with Jag Fel, Jaina's ex. Jag has been hunting Alema Rar to vindicate his family. With the Jedi's help Alema is defeated and Jag joins with them on the search for Jacen. They find Kesh and find a group of natives who are opposed to the Sith regime. They alert the Jedi to the Sith's plan and Lumiya's involvement. On their way to rescue Jacen they encounter Vestara Khai a Sith Apprentice who "aids" them in Jacen's rescue. Vestara is actually in place as a spy for the Sith Council who wants her to go with Jedi and learn their secrets to ultimately destroy them from the inside.

**This would just be a general set up, I know I left some key plots out but I think this would have been a far better story and characters like Jacen and Mara would survive, characters like Vestara and the Lost Tribe make it through.

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'd retcon the history of Bane offered by Path of Destruction into an example of an anti-Banite propaganda film produced by Kaan fanboy Millennial. Hundreds of years later, fellow prophet Cronal will try similiar tactics against Luke Skywalker....

Oh, and Ewoks? They have super strength. Makes RotJ click properly.

GrandMasterKatarn and Zorrixor like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    DNT/LOTF/FOTJ need to retconned out of existence. Jacen doesn't fall, If Jacen has to fall have his apprentice be Alema and not Tahiri, Tahiri doesn't get corrupted, Vergere is whatever she was in NJO. No Killiks,
    Anakin Solo comes back
    Darth Maul does not come back,
    Dooku and Anakin don't face off 30 times in the Clone Wars and same goes for Obi-Wan and Grievous.
    TFU 1 and 2 are wiped away.

9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That works so much better than what we got now. That could work.

10. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    I agree with the last 4. I liked DNT though.

11. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks, I could have gone on forever I guess but only so much time in a day (to slack at work)

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked the actions scenes, Jae Junn and Tarfang and Luke learning about the events of ROTS but the Killiks creep me out. I'm rereading DNT right now and its a bit of a struggle to get through.

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ha ha lol you're welcome. Both series' were way too long. FOTJ more so to me so combining concepts from both LOTF and FOTJ into one series is a good idea.

14. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    I did enjoy those scenes. I felt the Luke learning of Padme was cool but a bit forced. When you have a timeline that looks like swiss cheese it might always feel forced.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Post-ROTJ:

I'd retcon Mara Jade and Thrawn either out of existence completely, or I'd retcon them as such that I'm actually convinced that they are awesome, instead of just being told repeatedly that they are.

From what I've seen of Jag Fel so far, I'd retcon him out of existence.

Keep Jacen Solo on the light side. Keep Anakin Solo alive and without a crush on his aunt.

TCW:

I'd maintain Ahsoka Tano's season 1 and 2 character; Anakin's smartass Padawan who gets herself into trouble just as he did. She doesn't save everyone all the time, she is not the "true Jedi" who "sees the corruption" in the old Order.

Leave Darth Maul dead, make Savage Oppress the badass villain who takes over Mandalore and seeks out Obi-Wan to avenge his brother.

Barriss Offee is a pacifist healer. Period. End of sentence.

Obi-Wan doesn't constantly get pwned by everyone from Grievous to his own shoelaces.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The subplots of Luke finding out the info was rough though. R2 is all out of it, finding that Imperial object, the Dark Nest knowing what happened to the Imperial financer, Lomi Plo using Luke's fears against him until he knows the truth, etc. Those parts were contrived to the max. Leia finding stuff out about Anakin shortly before the Thrawn trilogy but nothing about Padme for another 30 years is bad.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Have to agree with you about Savage Opress, maybe have him be Dooku's apprentice for more than an episode. Agreed about Obi-Wan as well. Other than the Raako Hardin arc, Obi-Wan was meh to me in season 4.

18. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    I still press for a majority of the TCW series to be news reported by an unworthy holo journalist working for the GFFA's version of fox news.

I would have Ahsoka still exist she's just Plo Koon's padawan instead of Anakin's, she spent more time with him anyways

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ashoka can be Plo Koon's apprentice, a full Jedi Knight that works with Anakin and Obi-Wan or just not have Anakin and Obi-Wan be seen that much in the show. Maybe one arc a season.

VanishingReality likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Or a dream that Anakin had when he was home on leave.

Padme: "Anakin, you were doing what? Dreaming that the Council actually assigned you a Padawan, and she was a scantily-clad teenage Togruta? Go back to sleep."

21. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    I'd just retcon all of TCW out of existence to keep it simple.

Get Zekk away from Jaina after NJO.

Tahiri leaves with Zonoma Sekot, and stays. On. Zonoma. Sekot.

Garrett Atkins, JackG and Esg like this.
  22. TychoCorde

Oct 3, 2012
    Yes Tahiri was also butchered post NJO. I really liked her at first. I think she made a slight comeback with FOTJ. I stress slight

23. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    At first I thought to point out that L-Canon thread is made just for retconning purposes, but reading through the thread I can see why these don't fit there.

But what would I retcon? This is more adding than taking out, but sentient hats need to be canonized.

Starkeiller likes this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The L-canon thread is for TCW, this thread is for the whole EU.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    You know, that's not that far fetched. Endor looks enormous, which would lend credence to it having a heavier than normal gravity. Species that would grow up on these planets would be naturally shorter and more heavily built, and as a result would also have more strength. Offworld, Ewoks would be superpowered, but on Endor, they're just naturally powerful. Ever see an Orangutan? Smaller than a human but they can hit like a truck.