main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Thanks EF for answering. All this happened before the draft. No rings using the spectrum. It's not on wiki or comic vine but if you read the guardian series synopsis or actual comic a it happens between issue 6-16.

And later he fights ganthet and is easily superior but refuses to take him out bc he believes in him as ganthet once believed in him.

Anyone who is that much better than ganthet one of dc's best telepath who also has gl powers is a beast. Whoever argues for ganthet has shown his feats. I'm just not going to overcome the Nate grey fanboy love. But the spectrum
    Negates the tp, and tk v spectrum I'm going spectrum all day.

Also I said the same thing EF said and gave issues but magically when he says it people will listen. I just wish people would come out and say they're afraid of spectrum Kyle and trying to block it. Because peak power he has spectrum and he only has one ring a green one. And is still a part of the corp and called a green lantern.
    Thanks mika. But I've showed scans of him using the other powers without rings, told feats, pointed to the issues as reference, I don't have scans of the whole third army battle because I don't own the comic and the more recent feats happened early this year. Kyle at his peak, is ridiculous and on some emotional rainbow ish. Honestly, it's a bad matchup for Nate if people would respect the spectrum. Imagine what the white lantern sinestro did to the black lanterns that's what Kyle did to ganthet and the third army.

And Trimaj you keep huffing about why he shouldn't get these powers but don't have time to argue for your own team... Interesting. Not hating or flaming, but odd priorities if you're trying to win. At least mika argues for his own team. And also axle is allowing the spectrum, not sure about heels, EF seems to support it or at least researched it, I just want some consistency.

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    You've shown two(or three) panels of him using the other colors of the spectrum, and that was...I dunno, not very impressive. But. I dunno.

And I didn't research it at all, I just regurgitated what you've been saying.

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Sounds legit.

4. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009

So even though Kyle Avatar outs to white, once he loses to the first lantern, who is stupid powerful, he reverts back to green because he doesn't have faith in the whole spectrum, just happened this month. Which brings me to my next point... white lanterns aren't a different class of lanterns, but really a lantern of a certain spectrum peaking out. That being said, he would never have done the whole purple lantern mastery without Ganthet shooting him in the back, and at the start of the draft, he didn't have purple. So that somewhat precludes him going to super lantern white in this draft, and thus forcing him to stay a green lantern with 6 colors. Still more than enough to take on X-man

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    That guy really just said corpse. Ho boy.

Okay. See. He pretty much dies, and then resurrects as a white lantern, and that's when he does all of the awesome stuff you were talking about.

So. No.

6. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I can't make any comment on the production value, my research is taking me to new weird places I'm not sure I enjoy.

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Basically, while trying to master love still, Kyle is attacked by Ganthet. They fight, Kyle is losing, absolutely everyone and their mother shows up to try to stop Ganthet, and then the Third Army appears and Ganthet uses the distraction to mortally wound Kyle, who then forgives him and earns the power of self-respect or something. This prompts Kyle's White Lantern powers to turn on(and he is, absolutely without a doubt a white lantern at this point), he beats Ganthet and obliterates the Third Army in the vicinity.

Not sure why you linked to the next video, where Kyle, the White Lantern, tries to help Sinestro by using his White Lantern ring, but fails and let's the new guy try but he also fails. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

For those of you that don't fee like sitting through those videos.

8. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    The reason I linked the next video is because of the cover shot, and actually in that issue he is reverted back to a green lantern. I don't think the distinction between green and white is as concrete as we are making it. White is just a power up that he gets from mastering the spectrum, he's still a green lantern, his ring is still a green power ring, he just taps into the white spectrum as well when he's in control of all the other 7. And I beg to differ he was losing to Ganthet. He was holding Ganthet off fine and trying to reason with him, the others show up and they try to kill Ganthet and Kyle blocks all their attacks and then Ganthet cheap shots him.

9. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    He's not reverted back to a green lantern, he gives his white lantern ring to the new guy while Sinestro is there. That cover is pretty misleading.

It very much is a white lantern ring, he's not channeling anything. He gives it to the other guy, for crying out loud.

10. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/green-lantern-new-guardians-2011/green-lantern-new-guardians-20
    “WRATH OF THE FIRST LANTERN” epilogue! As a White Lantern, Kyle played a crucial role in the battle against the First Lantern and the Guardians. But a loss they suffered in the battle has left Kyle devastated, throwing off the control he had over the entire emotional spectrum. Has his time as a White Lantern ended before it’s truly begun? Find out in the conclusion of Tony Bedard’s run!
    Also I haven't seen anywhere of him giving Baz the ring (please show that)... Besides, at the start of the draft he hasn't mastered all 7, just 6 so I'm saying that it's not fair to even talk about the love crap. Even with 6 he blocks attacks from 5 other lantern corps and the third army.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Show that? That's what your little video says! You don't even know the events you're showing. What.

I don't know why you're showing the synopsis to the next issue. In New Guardians "the ring actually goes to Baz". The White Lantern ring. the white lantern ring Kyle just used to try to restore Sinestro's home with. That's why he's green on the cover and Baz is white.

And what are you talking about? #16 was published in January, so it was before the draft started. Anyway, he blocks attacks from the other corps. That is a thing that happens. Yeah.

Here. You know what. I think a buddy of mine has the two issues in question. Let me go "ask him if I can look at them for a minute".

12. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
  13. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Ha ha. Sinestro straight up rips the very white ring off of Kyle's hand and puts it on himself(he obviously can't use it though), then it says he's unsuitable and goes to Baz(instead of to Kyle, who's choking on space, since as soon as Sinestro takes the ring off of his finger, surprise, he's got nothing else--he doesn't go Green in this issue).

This other one isn't as easy to look at right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to see #16.

14. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Damn Sinestro punking Kyle...

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Uh. Wow. I guess this is why it's good to read issues.

Kyle comes up against Ganthet. Ganthet is totally and completely unmoved as Kyle attacks him first with yellow, then red, then purple, doing nothing. Ganthet gets Kyle in some dragon construct(Kyle who is now bleeding--Ganthet still hasn't even moved), gives him some speech about being less than the sum of his parts without love and then, a mere 13 panels after the fight started(a fight--let's be absolutely clear about this--that Kyle was in no way coming close to winning, let alone "holding him off". He's about to lose when-)Ganthet gets sucker punched by the pink lantern corps.

The Sapphires pour it on, with Kyle helping them. not blocking them yet, and Ganthet's shield holds.

Bam! Third Army shows up--the scan you posted, the one with Kyle covered in his own blood from the aforementioned dragon construct. The Third Army proceeds to tear into the Sapphires and Kyle, whose other colored blasts do no more use than anything else--the panels just below the scan you posted of Kyle saying "Don't let them touch you!".

Aw sheesh! But it's Kyle's buddies, Arkillo, Carol, and, who else but Saint Walker, and what's this NOW Kyle's ring gets a power boost(he can't give himself a power boost with his blue power that he's "mastered").

With the distraction, the Sapphires--and the Sapphires only!--attack Ganthet. Kyle, with his boost not from his spectrum control, but from Saint Walker, blocks the attack. Although, the shield he puts up is radiating some other colors, so that probably also helped him block a contingent of Sapphires.

It is at this time that Ganthet, inside the cover of Kyle's shield, Shoots him through the chest.

Kyle then gives Ganthet a speech about Love and how great it is and what it's all about. Having mastered this, the final emotion, he becomes a white lantern, flexes his hand, and the part of the Third Army that was there is obliterated--not the entire Third Army, some of the Third Army.

Ganthet dips out, Kyle, the White Lantern, musters his team and they pose for a hero shot. End issue.

Where does it put him? I dunno. It puts him exactly where I had him; second best GL--considering what he's done with the other colors as opposed to what Hal did when he's had the other colors(sure, Hal can't use them all whenever he feels like it, but he's still better at whatever color he does happen to be using).

Sure, he's got the ability to use the other stuff he's mastered to that point, but it's still all coming from the single ring(that six pronged energy blast being the exception that I saw). It wasn't 6 things that Ganthet had to get through, it was Just Kyle, with his new, different attacks. It's not like his mastery gives him 6 times the power, or 6 times the shields or something. They just seem to give him other means of attack. Ganthet certainly didn't have to power through 6 different forms of shields--Kyle ever only put up the green one.

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    And I'd just like to I back to something else you said instead of going to sleep like I should:

Maybe, and this is wild, unfounded speculation on my part, maybe that has something to do with the fact that people want to see it--and this issue is a great example of that, because your account of events was wildly inaccurate--and it's not the first time you've posted issue synopses or some part of an article that was just wrong. Maybe because, although I do have to rely on scans that have, admittedly, not always been the complete picture, I at least always have some form of physical evidence to accompany what I'm saying.

You know, those people that get "all-star" calls, or have some kind of sway, is because, at some point, they had the cold hard proof, more often than not. Maybe those people spent countless hours wasting their life watching ronin warriors to dissect 20 minute clips on YouTube, or actually watching episodes of power rangers--and for what? So other people that couldn't be bothered to do that kind of thing could sit back and say "well I ain't seen it" despite being shown it?

And, I mean, I really appreciate that you're still interested in the game I'm running. To be honest if issue synopses and reviews is all we've got to go on to argue with, that's fine with me. But this isn't some crusade to block "spectrum Kyle". I just don't think anyone puts a lot of faith in an issue recap--especially when it's in the gm's own words. You can't blame someone for being leery of that--we couldn't even agree on what had taken Place in the issue before I went and actually read it(and where did you even pull that he was fighting five other corps? Stuff like that doesn't build trust in your benevolence--anyone reading your account and the actual issue would have to seriously question whether or not the person presenting the synopsis had the interest of providing factual unbiased information).

Or, probably because I am the commissioner it was thought I was making some kind of ruling on Kylie's situation. That's probably what happened there.

Wang Chi likes this.
  17. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    I stand corrected Kyle gets completedly owned by x-man, and Internet fanboys make it seem like Kyle was way cooler than what he is. Damn... He's going back to the bench...

18. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Thank you Sir, much appreciated. I like knowing that what I am putting out there is being looked at, even if it doesn't get me 100% of the votes.

If I find something new and particularly persuasive I will post it just in case.

Otherwise I can still hope that Wang likes BB over Fatlips and Sinister.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, now at least you look like a genius for dropping him for Soldier X. Now go get Maestro back! :p

And Mikaboshi, you got it, man. Win some, lose some- and I guess I haven't officially voted yet. All of the hours put in here are appreciated.

20. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    All-star calls?
    [​IMG]
    I can haz?

21. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Here is another scan of BB neutralizing tech, he has so far done it to Mandarin's rings and now Nova.
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/4/49974/2265440-nova36df.jpg

His bio says this...

"He has destroyed a Solar Flare powerful enough to annihilate the Earth, created black holes, and was able to block the powers of others through his abilities and in turn denying them the access to their abilities."

I did show the solar flare thing, and some of the power blocking. Wish I could find a good link on the creation and destruction of black holes to show that it isn't just hype but all the links I find of that are broken. [face_frustrated]

Take it or leave it.

22. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Hey, I never really considered Ronin Warriors a waste of my time. Power Rangers on the other hand... well, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do for internet glory.

Ima mull on the BB/trump match a little more whilst at work. I'll have my choices for ya'll when I get home.

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I never got into Ronin Warriors, now Gobots on the other hand...:cool:.

24. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Ronin Warriors was my favorite show as a kid... Quake with Fear!

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Okay, so I think the only one I'm really going back and forth on still is Hal-Fate. I'm going to give it to Hal Jordan.

The major circumstance in which I could see Fate winning is if he took control of Hal- he's done it in the past, and Lanterns have a susceptibility to mind control from the upper echelon. I cannot find proof that Fate suffers from the same "weakness" given to Strange, in that he cannot generate his power quickly enough when unprepped.

That being said, the insanity that Hal can create with a flick of the ring in an unprepped vs. unprepped setting would. more likely than not, mitigate some of Fate's offense from the start, enough for Hal to adequately blast/contain/trap Fate. Playing the percentages, I guess- even though Fate is not slow, Hal is quick enough to hurt him first, and Fate, while durable, can be physically subdued, albeit not destroyed.

Yeah, I go Hal- were this any other Lantern outside of Ion, who may lack the versatility and feat list of the "greatest Lantern," I go Fate- also if Fate were prepped, I'd give edge to Fate.

Annihilus wins, X-Man wins.

Fat Lips and Sinister prepped also beat Black Bolt. Obviously Sinister was picked up to complete this trump (which is much better than the previously used Sinestro/Fat Lips trump, even though Sinestro >> Sinister), and I give them the same sort of boost I've given the Manhunter/Wonder Woman one. Sure, they have their arguments/attempts to kill each other, but a prepped Apoc brings in all kinds of sick nasty technology that his little protege should have plenty of familiarity with. I like Black Bolt. I just this trump is packing too much- Apoc is Ultron-lite when prepped. That's enough to win.