main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ITT we complain about our 1st world problems...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kiki-Gonn, Aug 17, 2011.

1. LatvianPotatoFarmer

LatvianPotatoFarmer Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2013
    I had potato but politburo take. Children killed and wife in gulag.

2. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I'm worried this bull market will take a downturn but I'm too lazy to take preventative measures other than put in a few stop loss orders.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I just told you I peed on my toilet seat and you're worried about the stock market? What has this friggin world come to?

4. LatvianPotatoFarmer

May 2, 2013
    In Latvia we dream of toilet. Only have hole in floor.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Did you get pee on the rim of the hole? I thought not.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. LatvianPotatoFarmer

May 2, 2013
    No matter, floor is dirt.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    But with pee, floor becomes mud.

8. LatvianPotatoFarmer

May 2, 2013
    Mud is only food we have. Once had potato but politburo take. We cry. Tears make mud taste better.

Arawn_Fenn and VadersLaMent like this.
  9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I closed my facebook to get more work done this term, but I'm finding that I'm spending more time instead on the JC...where people's stupid opinions make me want to flip tables in a nerdrage. (ie the marvel thread). I think facebook might actually be the better option.

10. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I want a beer but the crummy airport bar only sells Corona and Shiner Bock.

11. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I think it's pretty obvious you're smoking crack. I still use facebook, but it doesn't provide nearly as much entertainment as this place does.

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm turning the kid's room into a guest room and have to get a new bed.

Facebook has all those damn games Dave... so addicting.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I wanna go and get something warm to drink (as the evenings are still on the chilly side here), but I lack energy to go into the kitchen and make it.

14. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Frieda, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for not sending me any invites to any of those games on facebook. You're the best.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  15. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I was using my iPhone and accidentally stuck the left earbud in my right ear CHRIST can't a guy get a break.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Maher thought it was a good idea to bring on the most obnoxious representative possible from Grover Norquists ATR as a panel member and I couldn't make it 3 minutes into my favorite segment on the show.

Hmph.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I hate people. If I wanted to actually see depictions of a bloody, decapitated John Cena, I would have sought them out on my own, rather than have them linked to me, unwarned, by a 'friend.'

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I am off to see Iron Man 3 today. I have to decide between regular 3D an 3D 3E, the latter being 3D on a larger screen. The first is at 10, the second at 10:15. :rolleyes:

19. Mortimer Snerd

Dec 27, 2012
    Yesterday Neither my girlfriend nor I worked, and it was raining. So we went to see Iron Man 3 and because of the crowd we were forced to buy VIP seats for the 3D Ultrascreen showing. Problem was that was an additional hour and a half to wait, so we had to go get this incredible Enchilada lunch at the nearby Mexican restaurant to kill some time. By the time we got back to the theater we were full of Enchiladas and some of these really awesome stuffed mushroom caps, too. Now, because we had purchased the fancy tickets in advance we were made to bypass the line and forced to go directly to the ticket guy and into the theater, where we were ushered to our super comfortable, nap-inducing seats. Just when the lights had dimmed and I was ready to catch a few Z's, this loud, colorful, fun movie started playing and kept me awake for a couple hours. The real kicker was that we were too stuffed from lunch to want popcorn.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It still freaks me out that my phone knows when I'm looking at the screen. IT KNOWS.

21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Sometimes I see that when posting that my name lists many times on the right in a series as "last message", then some other JCC person posts and screw it all up. [face_sigh]

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I bought my son a new Kindle and was trying to change the device name on it so it would be under his name instead of "Tracy's 3rd Kindle." The keyboard on it requires moving a button back and forth instead of just typing, and that takes several seconds longer.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Even though I am moderately e-literate, I outsource all of my techno setups to a friend in Jersey just for the convenience of not thinking. He is not home, so I have to fix a technical problem, myself, which I am more than capable of doing, but I pay to avoid such cognizant effort...

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just flipped on my TV to check to see if the Talladega race had restarted. 3 laps to go read the top of the screen. I spent the next 5 minutes screaming at my TV in excitement, culminating in the announcer saying "Jimmie Johnson has won the 2013 Daytona 500!"

It was a weather delay replay of the race from February.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's going to be raining here for a week straight.:(