main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars #3: In the Shadow of Yavin, part 3 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    At least he wasn't riding in the same cockpit as a Mon Calamari copilot or else we all know where this conversation would have now gone.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The first issue or two mislabeled this as a 3-issue arc when it is actually a 6 issue arc.

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Well, it would make potentially the second time he has had sex in hyperspace.

4. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Hmm.... I don't think he and Mara were sleeping soundly all the way back from Nirauan in VOTF either ;)

[face_thinking] In general, isn't hyperspace the only relatively peaceful place the SW characters can find? Wouldn't that indicate a pretty good chance of boot knocking?

5. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Yeah. I left Akanah out since it is rather ambiguous.

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Read this one at the Walmart the other day. Like the first two there is little here that catches my interest. Seems like we are kinda going over the same old territory that we already have several times.

Han shooting the guy in the back, in cold blood, did surprise me. I suppose it is in response to all the Greedo shot first stuff, an attempt to make Han more 1977 than 1997.

Really the Prithi girl and Luke was the only really interesting part in the whole story, but even that vanished kinda quickly.

7. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Did part 4 not come out in April? Or have people just lost interest in discussing it?

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  9. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Thread necromancy time. I just read this issue and I thought that Leia was pretty disrespect to Luke. He took down the Death Star for the Rebel Alliance. If it wasn't for him, the Rebel Base would have been obliterated. I found this series to be pretty disrespectful to Luke overall and downplayed his achievement at Yavin. I mean, Luke destroyed the Death Star. That's something no other Rebel pilot could do. If Luke hadn't been at Yavin, the Rebellion would have been crushed. Talk about being ungrateful, Leia.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it was Machiavelli that said (in The Discourses) that the wise Republic never lets a person's past good deeds excuse present-day offences.

Thus - if Luke breaks the rules, Leia is obliged to penalise him, regardless of what he's done in the past.

The same topic comes up in the Star Wars Rebellion comics I think, when Deena Shan and Luke rescue Tank Sunber (who claims to want to defect) - against orders.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, in the case of people who have unique skills and abilities, they should make exceptions or perhaps just look the other way. There's a lot of comparison of Luke to Wedge in this comic, and how Wedge follows orders to the letter and toes the party line. But the Rebels are being a bit foolish and narrow-minded here. Yes, Antilles follows the rules and is a good, normal soldier. But he failed to destroy the Death Star, just like all of the Rebel pilots. Except for Luke Skywalker. The one man who succeeded in destroying the Empire's terror weapon and single-handedly saving the Rebel Alliance for annihilation. After all, if it wasn't for Luke, Leia would have remained in her cell on the Death Star and been executed by Tarkin.

I just think the Rebel Alliance is being a bit foolish in this issue. If you don't treat your heroes well, then they may not be around the next time you need saving. Luke Skywalker saved the Rebel Alliance by doing what no one else could, and the Rebels in this comic series don't seem to get that.