main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Briannakin. There should be a law against snow in May unless you live in the Arctic.

Iverna likes this.
  2. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    who would you charge for breaking that law?

3. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Charge Canada because I blame Canada!

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    ROFL I think you'd have to charge God, but somehow I don't think he's gonna pay in the way you'd expect. [face_whistling]

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    [​IMG]

Keep your snow north of the Border!! ;) :p

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm wearing my new capris and enjoying the sunshine. I have a floor burn and bruise on my right knee from having biffed it in a ballgown on Tuesday. (This was not while I was catching the bouquet, which I did. Again.) I have a spider bite on my left ankle. Since I'm allergic, it bothers me quite a bit. But after getting very paranoid about whether I had been bitten by something nasty (Not helped by @DantanaSkywalker always talking about the black widows and such that she finds around town), I determined that I'm not showing any of the symptoms that mean I'm in medical danger. I just have an annoying allergy to spider bites.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    ACK! That sounds awful! I hate spiders. I hope it heals up soon. I was in the car yesterday and my son in the back seat says, "Mom, there's a spider in the car." Luckily we weren't moving at the time. I am saying, "Where!? Where?" It was on the windshield. It was so hard to drive and try not to watch that spider instead. Of course by the time I stopped again it disappeared. :oops:

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    As you might have already noticed from clicking on your stories, they've been cut off at a word limit. DON'T PANIC. There have been some coding issues, but they WILL be restored. Please let any of the mod team know if you have any questions.

I know that's been at the top of the forums since we moved, but I'm just wondering...

Is it time to panic yet? [face_clown]

LLL likes this.
  9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. You can get rid of those messages by clicking on the x in the corner of them. I don't think they'll be restored any time soon.

AND WHY ARE YOU BLAMING CANADA?!?!

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Haven't you heard the South Park song "Blame Canada". :p

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
  12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    If anyone one is interested we are having a E7 treatment writing contest HERE in the Episode 7 forum.

Just thought it might be something that some fanficers might like to know! :)

It's not time to panic yet, we just don't really have any info about it at the moment. :(
    As Briannakin said, if you close it, it doesn't come back so you don't have to keep looking at it. :)

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    mavjade I never wrote a treatment...exactly what is it? It is a summary of what would happen in the movie?

14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, it's pretty much an outline of the movie, not only what happens but how it would look. It can include description/details and direction. HERE is a wikipedia article that I'm sure explains it better.
    I've never written one either, but I figure it might be a fun challenge for fanficers! :)

15. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I never wrote anything above 10k words, so I think my old stories are still okay truncation wise. Not that anything pre-move is worth looking at anymore though... *shudders at the lack of quality*

16. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    It wasn't at 10K words, it was 10K characters, so that adds up really quickly. Even a lot of shorter stories got truncated. :(

17. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Huh. Must have misread that.

18. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I certainly would like to see Darth Ish's stories and Moonwater Perfume restored. I never got to read all the Wife of Deceit stories.

19. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    After four years of struggle, care of 89 year old great aunt, handicapped cousin, husband with brain tumor, and one job layoff, I actually have an original novel manuscript first draft FINISHED.

Now to hack the living hell out of it.

Alexis_Wingstar and Jedi_Lover like this.
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Interesting idea for a contest. I'd do it but Darth Writer's block won't leave me alone. I have an idea of how ep7 would start, but I won't be able to think up a plot anytime soon.

I wrote an original novella a few months ago. I had no idea what I was going to do for it, I thought about publishing it and making it for free via Kobo or amazon, but I think I may just put it up on my blog. I would rate the story as a strong PG/mild PG-13. Do you think it would be ok if I put a link to my blog in my signature? If the story were fanfic, it would probably be fine to go on here. It deals with some mature topics but there is nothing graphic or erotic about it.

21. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I think the link in your sig would be within board rules, but I'd ask a mod to make sure if I were you.

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Bah, I did the Virtual Sequels and Prequels Project a million years ago. I'll read the results, but not enter.

23. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Yes. Included in that were 2 sets of drabbles posted in the same post... it got cut off mid-way through drabble #6.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am surrounded by hundreds of teenage boys! Force help me get through three days of Boy Scout camp. Noooooo!

25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Happy Star Wars Day, everyone!! May the Fourth be with you!

I went out and about with my C6 "The Droids you're looking for" shirt and my hair in Leia buns. I got a few "May the Fourth," and Star Wars day comments thrown my way. :)

A link in your sig is perfectly fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.