main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter" (re-loaded), an old fanfic in a new coat

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Books are priceless treasures. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    You have a lively fantasy, hon!

Hey, it has nothing to do with my mind and everything to do with facts!

He is jerkily concerned, hon. And a slow thinking man... deeply in love.

Yeah, yeah.

“I cannot believe what I was willing to sacrifice before this.

For real!

“And the Brotherhood?”

He smiled dimly. “I have given them enough blood and tears since my third birthday. They respect my wishes to lead a more peaceful life with you from now on.”

That he has. I am so not a fan of the Brotherhood. Creepers.

“Will we hear from your mother again?”

Never? :p

“I will always be there for my foolish sister. Luçien respects that.

Any man who doesn't isn't worth it.

The dark side could not always win.

So true :D

He grinned. “I was talking about Father´s book collection.

hahahaha yes, books are quite special

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Ah but the dark side never truly disappears, We always should have a great book collection.:cool:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Good update. :) Him as librarian, no-one would disobey the rules. :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Be my guest to witness more.

And because we all love reading in this thread, I needed to put into my story how important books are. Gri grew up with a father that is a book worm. And Lucien learned to value books, too, when he was a young boy and became acquainted with Agathos. This is a very important link!

Okay, here is my next update, folks, and I am in a hurry. Much to do the next three days for school & I also need to write more job applications. A great year comes to an end and the teacher college, which I stepped in for since September, will be back 100% next school year. In a time of crisis it is not easy to find a job in teaching in the Netherlands. This also has to do with me being German. Perhaps my next fanfic should be about discrimination in the SW universe...

Chapter 45: Healthy changes

The Sleagh Maith of the Mountain regions had a saying, Mùirn beatha dàn. To love for life is destiny.” Life had turned out as I had once expected it to. With me by his side Luçien finally could allow himself to be who he truly was. Who he had always meant to be. No more hiding, no more functional lies or half-truths.

Riding, walking and getting teleported became my new hobbies. My husband knew the most beautiful spots in the area. Some he had discovered himself and others Father had pointed out to him over the sun years. Little waterfalls, silent mountain lakes and windy observation spots.

When we were not outdoors together, Luçien and I spent most of our free time surrounded by Father´s treasures. All those tall, oak bookcases of the royal library, each filled with thousand of volumes. I liked to be curled up in his arms, listening to the sound of his voice for hour after hour. Now and then he would take a sip of tea, but he never tired during such reading sessions. His face was mostly melted into a smile, his eyes alight with joy. And his free hand would stroke through my hair continuously, making me feel safe and wanted. He did not only read poetry to me, but also philosophical texts or some of my favourite novels.

But our life was not only about shared moments of serenity. There were lively céilidh sessions in the castle kitchen regularly, during which the staff warmed up for Luçien. But some critics remained. They held their tongues though, because they loved and respected me.

All in all I was happy and content to be a beloved wife and a peacemaker. Under my leadership, the Order of the beanmna feasa practiced charity and education. The Holy Inquisition was no more. Love was law, law was love. Each priestess that left Dún Barr after an audience with me was to spread that message further.

Sionnach and Skye tried to visit, but mostly we had to go to them. There was constant construction work going on around Luçien´s former hunting lodge. A little village had come to life, almost completely self-sufficient. My cousin and her clan grew all their own vegetables and fruit, canning supplies for the long, cold winter months of the region.

I was mostly fond of the kitchen garden, which was walled off to keep out the majority of Ceilonwyn´s animal inhabitants. The herb bed was laid out as a circular maze. A tribute to the wheel of the sun year.

It was during a stroll through that garden when my cousin, walking next to me screeched, “Twins?”

She was still repeating the word when we went back into her stone cottage, that had been erected next to the lodge.

Skje looked puzzled while my husband leaned back in his chair with a satisfied grin, stating, “Three women that rule my life will be better than one.”

“Two sisters for me!” beamed Garou and ran to hug me. “Thank you.”

Éibhear, seated in one of the windowsills, asked, “Have you already picked names for them?”

Luçien and I exchanged a quick look. Then I let him answer, “Hope and Faith.”

“Very poetic choice, papa.” The teenager nodded in approval. “Grianán had both when nobody else did.”

Sionnach was still beaming. “I am so happy for you!”

“Can you be my midwife?”

She nodded enthusiastically. “Oh, of course!”

I gave her a warm look. “Will you and your husband give us the honour of being the godparents to our twins?”

Hope and Faith were like day and night. One was silent and the other loud. Yet they balanced each other. They both had the golden taint of Luçien and his black, curly hair. But they had no feline eyes, even though their iris was of a mesmerizing blue. Their six fingers and six toes showed their Tjiehenet heritage.

For me, our daughters were little miracles. I liked to hold them against my chest, to feel their hearts pounding happily and healthily.

“This is why I died in the library,” Father told me one sunny morning, when Luçien was gone on a mission with the other Force knights. “I did not want that heart of yours to stop. So I stopped mine.”

My eyes watered at the sight of his spirit. “I was not worth your sacrifice. I wanted to give up so many times.”

“I know, and that is why I went. To be with you in your most desperate hour when nobody else could,” he reasoned friendly, bathing me and my tired girls in a loving glance.

“Back then I listened very little to you. I was already gave myself over to my fears.”

“Parents make choices that seem illogical to their children at times.” He chuckled, his bearded face beaming.

I pressed my own sleeping daughters closer to my chest without waking them. “Will it be very difficult raising Force sensitive children?”

“Raising children is always a difficult task. The Force makes it even more…interesting.”

“You and Mother succeeded well enough with us,” I considered.

“Love was always something you had in abundance, agapi mou,” he chuckled. My darling.

I let my fingers wander over the small, fragile bodies that lay curled up against me. “Will that be enough?”

Father floated away and looked outside the window. “Love is the best thing to have when it comes to raising children. The rest will come automatically. Your husband will tell you as much.”

Within my own family, there was just one person who begrudged Luçien and me for our parental happiness. Garou told us about Heulwen’s attitude when he came visiting with Éibhear on an exceptionally bright autumn afternoon.

“And then she said that it should have been her and not you, as my maman.”

“She is barely ten,” exclaimed Luçien, looking horrified and distressed. “Why is it that young girls fantasize about me in such ways?”

I kissed him on the tip of his nose. “Your mascara and eye-liner. There are not many men in their early forties who can wear make-up without looking ridiculous.”

He growled and rolled his eyes.

“Heulwen will not shut up about her feelings,” considered Garou, who cradled Faith in his arms and let her suck his right thumb.

“We can always make her stop.” Éibhear said full of mischief. He sat in the window frame and played with Hope´s fuzzy black hair. “There are ways to manipulate...”

“Heulwen has every right to express her feelings.” Luçien clasped his hands behind his back. “I fear that we need to live with her grudge.”

“She is a Tjiehenet, papa.” Éibhear looked thoughtful. “The anger that rules her...”

“Is no danger for us or the realm,” decided Luçien.

“But I will ask the girls to keep an eye on her anyway,” I suggested, looking at a painting of Grandmother Tamisra. “Perhaps Aranea can come up with useful tasks to distract and refocus Heulwen.”

“I find her too young to become a combat pilot,” argued my husband. “She has the skills, true. But she is too keen on destruction, and not mature enough to handle the responsibilities of such a job.”

(To be continued!)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    “She is barely ten,” exclaimed Luçien, looking horrified and distressed. “Why is it that young girls fantasize about me in such ways?”

I kissed him on the tip of his nose. “Your mascara and eye-liner. There are not many men in their early forties who can wear make-up without looking ridiculous.”

He growled and rolled his eyes.

I liked that. [face_dancing]
    Reading poetry is nice too.[face_coffee]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for that, Gkilkenny. You made me very smiley and this is what I desperately needed today. [:D]

8. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Good luck with the job hunt!! *hugs tight*

Under my leadership, the Order of the beanmna feasa practiced charity and education. The Holy Inquisition was no more. Love was law

That makes me super, super happy.

“Hope and Faith.”

“Very poetic choice, papa.” The teenager nodded in approval. “Grianán had both when nobody else did.”

He's such a good son :)
    They are good names for the two of them!

“I was not worth your sacrifice. I wanted to give up so many times.”

Shhhhh parents are supposed to die before their children. It's more natural that way.
    *hugs her*

Garou told us about Heulwen’s attitude when he came visiting with Éibhear on an exceptionally bright autumn afternoon.

Well Heulwen's a jerk.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    So happy that things are going so well for them. :)

There could be trouble with Heulwen.

Thanks for the info about the songs. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You are very welcome about the song list.

But sorry, no spoilers. :D

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Finally a happy family life but now there is Heulwen.
    Isn't she too young?;)

Good luck on the job hunt

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, Lucien has those teens sticking to him... like some pop star. With all his eye liner and mascara he could indeed be from the 80ies... [face_rofl]

Exactly the time I fell for strange men: David Bowie in "The Labyrinth", Nikolas Rogers as Tarabas in "Fantagiro", Sir Guy of Gisburne in the BBC series "Robin of Sherwood" (played by Robert Addie), Ron Perlmen in the original "The Beauty and the Beast" TV series as Vincent, Richard Chamberlain in all he did in the 80ies, Art Malik in "Harem, the loss of innocence" (which I watched behind from behind a hiding place in the parental living room because my parents were not to see me!!!) the stunning cartoon figure Danger Mouse, Darth Vader of course...

Now I am slowly moving towards the 40 years mark... and yes, Lucien has many fathers, if you see it this way.

13. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Books are important indeed! Good that the Guardian has Grianan to know what things it is good to defend

Not sure I'd personally put eyeliner from the Eighties in the list, but to each his own; I'll remember anyway, though no definite promise :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for taking the time to comment on my story and cocking for me...

DarthUncle likes this.
  15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Okay, here is an update before I am off to further conferences at school:

Despite my niece´s behaviour towards me and the twins, all was well. The realm was healing due to Luçien, Valiant and Taran. Together, they undertook many missions in the mountains, offering their help and support to the community.

“And how do you fit two babies into your tight time schedule, papa?” Éibhear posed the question over a game of chess, when the twins were about eight sun months old.

I had made myself comfortable on my favourite leather sofa, feeding Faith, while Garou cuddled with Hope on a rug next to the fire place.

“Tight time schedule?” Luçien laughed amused. “Did you lack anything when...?”

I held my breath and so did Garou.

“I mean, on Amnion,” my husband finished flustered.

Éibhear smiled dimly. “When you are able to give Faith and Hope the same stability that Phren, Tāchys and I had back then, I will be satisfied.”

Luçien was torn between relief and embarrassment. “I did not mean to...”

The teenager reached out for him over the chess board. “Of course not. I have no shame about the past. But you still do. I know it is a cultural thing. Actually, with Hope and Faith being born into our family, I believe I will hear you speak of the deceased more often.”

Luçien winced.

“Of Phren,” Éibhear went on. “Of Tāchys and Nanny Angina and Aunt Isabeau, Grandfather Agathos and Great-grandfather Narthex are among those who should not be forgotten.”

Garou clutched to my right knee nervously. I took my free hand to comfort him. Faith whimpered against my bare chest at the decreased touch and the tension.

“The Feast of Samhain is coming up soon,” reasoned Éibhear. “Why not have a wake and remember all of them? We can plant apple trees in the fruit orchard, and maybe have a family banquet, the staff included.”

Tears leaked out of Luçien´s eyes.

“Fear and pain need to be talked about as often as moments of joy. I do not try to interfere with Aunt Mora´s therapy sessions with you, but I think that it is about time that you give your heartaches back their names.”

The main gardener had arranged for seven young apple trees to be planted to honour our deceased loved ones. I chose one for Grandfather; Èleos explained hers was for Father, and Daná’s was for Isabeau; Sionnach’s was for Phren, and Éibhear chose to remember Tāchys. With a serene face, Caelestris planted one for Draň.

The fruit orchard was crowded with people, but Heulwen’s presence was missed. She had not come to join us at Dún Barr, nor had she reacted in any way to our invitation. Aranea explained that she was on-board the orbit station Halo. She was not scheduled for any training missions today. Fovea centralis said that she had locked herself in her cabin.

After all the speeches had been said and six trees had been lovingly planted, Luçien took hold of the smallest of the tree. He worked in absolute silence, an occasional tear rolling down his cheek.

Only after the earth was smoothed out around the young apple tree, he said clearly, “I have kept silent about this all these years, but today I want to tell you about Lisiére, my twin sister.”

Everyone looked astonished. I smiled brightly, while the Force spirit of Lisiére hovered next to me.

“Before we were born, my sister was the universe for me and I was hers.” My husband was crying soundlessly now, leaning on his spade. “We were content with one another, curious of what would await us.”

Éibhear wrapped his right arm around Luçien and Garou framed his father from the other side.

“But one life together was not meant for us. My birth was her death.”

He did not openly accuse his mother. Nor did he go into details. Nothing of the sort was needed.

“I would like to dedicate this apple tree here to Lisiére.”

Many dabbed their eyes, moved by the memory that they were told. And that Luçien had had the strength to keep it to himself for all this time.

“To a twin sister, who will be always missed, but from now on with less hatred and less fear.”

It was Daná who first went to my husband and held him in her trembling arms. Soon, Luçien drowned in a sea of condolences and sympathy.

My eyes interlocked with Mora´s, who had a silent reproach written all over her face. She came nose to nose with me. “When Luçien abducted you so many sun years ago, I was asking myself if I had not omitted anything important in his psychological profile. Anything that would explain his despair to make you convert. Misguided love and religious fanaticism did not seem to be the only answers.”

I shrugged. “Does it really matter that he lost a sister so early in life?”

“The dark side nestled in his heart even before he was even a toddler. It would have been essential to tell us.” Mora´s lime green eyes darkened. “You are lucky that you had a little guardian angel all along. Hallo, Lisiére, where ever you are.”

The tiny Force spirit flew away, startled.

Aranea rolled her eyes while she strode towards us. “You are so sloppy with details.”

“Which is still an understatement.” Luna nodded fiercely. “The holes in Gri´s truth can be big enough to drive a rancor through. And yet she makes us all completely blind to them.”

“It was not for me to tell anybody what my soul bond to Luçien revealed to me.”

Taran, who was suddenly behind me, patted my shoulder friendly. “Girls, leave the lass be. The past is the past. Satisfying your curiosity is not a right. Rejoice that we can all relish the birth of Faith and Hope.”

“Every day a good deed, my niece?” a bodiless voice said mockingly. “You plot and scheme more than Mórag ever did in her entire life time. And she turned nine-hundred and three.”

I grinned at the Force ghost of Aunt Adamah and started walking towards my husband. It was time to save him from the crowd. Right now it was Norn, the chéf of Dún Barr, giving him a good squeeze.

“Your Lordship, you can come into the kitchen any time you want to. I will be there awaiting your orders.”

Before I knew it, the twins learned to lift their heads up by themselves, and seemingly overnight they began to waddle through the castle. I was not overly worried with them exploring their environment, but I was sad that the time was going by so fast.
    Soon my husband and I found ourselves with lively toddlers to deal with, full of demands.

I was resting in the library one afternoon when Carrie, the housekeeper, poked her head in. “Could you tell me why all the flower pots are upside down and the plants have been uprooted and placed on top of them?”

“Force sensitive children?” I slowly blinked at her. “There are some in this castle, I have heard.”

She ignored my attempt at humour and looked around.“Are you aware that all of the books in here are stacked in little towers?”

I gazed at the breath-taking constructions around me. Then I got up from the leather sofa and clapped my hands together. “Faith and Hope. Mammy wants to clean up the place. Please help her.”

Two little heads peaked out from behind a nearby book shelf. The twins’ intense blue eyes shone of innocence.

Cleaning up seemed even messier than building the towers had been, but Carrie had mercy and helped us.

“We could play more in the nursery,” stressed Carrie after three sun hours of hard work. The twins had succumbed to their afternoon nap next to the fire place. “Then we wouldn’t have to re-alphabetize the shelves multiple times a week.”

“The twins like the smell of old books, leather and sun shine. It reminds them of their father when he is not around.”

Then I will arrange for this leather sofa to be brought into the nursery, and plenty of old books that have less value.”

16. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    A wonderful ceremony for those that have gone on. :)

My parents had good ears if they thought that we were coming down stairs while they were watching a movie they didn't want us to see. I was jealous once when I went down for a pain pill and saw that my youngest brother who was about five was sitting with them on the couch watching Fellowship of the Ring. It was then that I realized that he was fast asleep. RED was upset ' she was really wanting to see it.

When my friend Bryg had her birthday party in 2002 we went to the theater at the time RED and I weren't really allowed to watch PG-13 without a parent watching it first so we went to see Chamber of Secrets. During the previews we saw one for The Two Towers and RED's eyes were wide and I could tell that she wanted to leave the showing room and go to be with Bryg. I told her 'No'.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    The realm was healing due to Luçien, Valiant and Taran.

Happiness!

We can plant apple trees in the fruit orchard, and maybe have a family banquet, the staff included.

I love it :D It's one of my favourite things about this because it shows Lucien's healing very well.

“The dark side nestled in his heart even before he was even a toddler. It would have been essential to tell us.” Mora´s lime green eyes darkened.

She makes me roll my eyes.

I was resting in the library one afternoon when Carrie, the housekeeper, poked her head in. “Could you tell me why all the flower pots are upside down and the plants have been uprooted and placed on top of them?”

“Force sensitive children?” I slowly blinked at her. “There are some in this castle, I have heard.”

I remember this being terribly awkward when I first saw it. You cleaned it up well!
    And it still makes me chuckle.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a wonderful ceremony with trees. Loved how Lucien revealed more about his past

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Good that Lucien can now move on, enjoy life, and the living, without letting guilt and fear cloud it all. Really nice ceremony too.

I like that these kids are so into books ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Quite an emotional ceremony. At least the books are getting some use. :p

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Okay, I am back from my brief May holidays and have internet again. So let me spoil you with the first half of a new chapter. And remember, we all can enjoy it, because our clever pants worked so hard in the past to beta this!

^:)^

Pants! "Unser Held der Arbeit" (= our working hero)

=D=

Chapter 46: More sunshine

In time,Caelestris gave birth to a son. The twins adored Kai and doted on him. He was the focus of their games. They did their best to not use the Force around him,and tried to act like normal five-year-old children. But they did not succeed all the time.

“Mammy,” screeched Faith one stormy winter afternoon while tugging on my sleeve.

I interrupted my correspondence to a mountain monastery of my order immediately. “Yes, dearest?” I said and looked into an alarmed face.

“Kai went sick all over the nursery.”

I got up, smoothing my the skirt of my crushed velvet gown. “Because...?”

“We played space craft.”

I blew out a steam of breath. “Your cousin is not used to elevating through the room being airborne, and you know better than to do that to him.”

“But he liked it at first,” Faith whined, and grasped my hand. “Come quickly. It went everywhere, and is green.”

“Great, simply great,” I muttered.

There was no Force healer currently present at the castle. Valiant was visiting the ducal homestead on Sapuhru, because his cousin Tourbillion – the present sovereign of House Ankou – had asked him to. And Luçien and Garou were on a father-and-son trip somewhere in the snowy mountains. I did not expect them back until dinner time.

“Are you very mad?” Faith inquired carefully.

“Of course not, dearest.” I patted her head reassuringly. Compared to the things that I had done in the jungle as a girl, the actions of the twins were harmless pranks that some times went too far.

On our way to the nursery, Carrie passed us by. The large key ring attached to her belt rattled with every step she made. “Please get me Caelestris, a bucket with water and a sponge,” I said. “Kai had involuntary flight lessons.”

The housekeeper rose a greying eyebrow. “Why do they bring me more trouble than you and your siblings did?”

“We were more into living things than machines, I guess.”

“Kai really, really is in pain,” Faith interrupted us, irritated and fearful. “Can we please go? Hope says there are dots of red in his vomit now.”

“Vomit? Blood?” inquired Carrie. “Forget about Caelestris, Grianán. I better come along.”

My husband could have healed Kai without much fuss, when he returned. But he made a show of it for the twins and their moral education. A spoon and an ominous looking bottle were part of that act. He winked at our pale nephew, without the worried girls noticing. I figured that the bottle contained something harmless like sugar water, but I knew better than to intervene.

After a cumbersome physical investigation, Luçien sighed dramatically. “I fear your cousin needs to drink my special potion.”

“No,” the girls shrieked in horror.

He frowned deeply. “This would not have been necessary if the two of you had not pretended that Kai was a space craft.”

“Not any space craft,” mumbled Faith. “A TX-Sun Arrow, just like Heulwen flies.”

“Ah,” said Luçien, nonplussed.

“First it was fun, but then... well we should have been more careful,” admitted Hope, her eyes puffy from crying.

“Kai has no power drive to go faster,” mumbled Faith under tears. “We just wanted to help.”

Luçien underlined his parental authority by squaring his shoulders. “So after today he will never be forced to drink my medicine for similar emergency cases again?”

Our daughters murmured their assent.

“You never will whirl him through the air of the nursery because you want him to break the speed limit?”

They sighed. “We promise to be good.”

Luçien made them lay their hands on their cousin´s stomach. “Now close your eyes and make an oath. The Force may be a toy to you two, but Kai is not.”

“The Force may be a toy to us,but Kai is not.”

“We are two years older than Kai and have more sense.”

“We are two years older than Kai and have more sense,” they echoed bravely.

Luçien smiled. “When we levitate persons in future we will do so with great care and consideration. Especially when those persons are not Force users.”

Silence followed.

“When we levitate persons in future we will do so with greatest care and consideration,” he repeated. “Especially when those persons are not Force users.”

They shuddered. “Yes, Daddy.”

White light flooded the room for a heartbeat. But Faith and Hope concentrated so much on their oath that they did not see it.

When we brought our daughters to bed after dinner, they still looked shaken and nervous. Luçien gave them more good-night kisses and hugs than usual.

“They will get over it,” he assured me, when we walked into our own chambers in the next room over. “To learn about one´s own responsibility is never easy. I hope I was not too harsh with them, but they have to know about the consequences of their deeds. It is a seductive thing, the dark side. The young and gullible are easily swayed by it.”

“You were brilliant.” Full of love I glanced at him. “I really would say that Faith and Hope learned their lesson today.”

“I hate to scare them in such ways.” Gently he brushed his hands against my hair, my throat. Old pain stood in his eyes.

“Your words and actions were well chosen.” I kissed his fingertips when they passed by my lips. “Our daughters will not be permanently damaged. You wrapped them in love and understanding tonight.”

Being a witch hunter and a master assassin had been harder on Luçien than it had been to anybody else in his life. Only I, as his soul mate, knew the full extent of his self-disgust, his feeling of guilt. His methods of protecting others courting evil had worked against him, had made him hollow. He had embraced the darkness that he had sworn to fight without being fully aware of it. But because of our marriage, he was healing. Light came flooding back into his heart and soul. It was like watching a butterfly coming out of its cocoon.

“Your message to them was clear,” I continued. “No abuse of power and be mindful of others, especially non-Force users.”

“Thank you,” he hummed and I could swear that he was blushing. “I know that I should not doubt myself, but I committed some mistakes with the boys in the past.”

“Éibhear and Garou are just fine.”

“I used corporal punishment on them once,” he pointed out.

“Within the bounds of duty,” I reminded him. “And you were not overly strict back then.”

“I love that dress,” he said, deliberately changing the subject. In one fluid movement he pulled me against him, his hands radiating heat. “Especially the neckline. It suits you.”

“Really?” I reached out for his hair band and opened it. His dark locks spread over his shoulder blades. Lovingly, I ran my fingers through the silky mass. “And did you know that this soul-patch stripe between your lower lip and chin just makes me tingle all over?”

When he bent down to kiss the nape of my neck, I stepped back abruptly and summoned a scimitar. “I will not make it easy for you tonight,” I said, my eyes alight with desire and bellicosity.

He chuckled softly. “Are you really willing to sacrifice that dress?”

“I am,” I grinned.

“So be it.” He made a little movement with his left wrist and his own weapon came flying towards him. “Show me how good you are.”

(To be continued!)

@Gkilkenny

@Sinrebirth

@Chilla

DarthUncle likes this.
  22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    The twins adored Kai and doted on him.

I love that name :D

And *sigh* children.

“But he liked it at first,” Faith whined, and grasped my hand. “Come quickly. It went everywhere, and is green.”

Should teach her a lesson and have the twins clean it up :p

Compared to the things that I had done in the jungle as a girl, the actions of the twins were harmless pranks thatsome times went too far.

Hah! True!

“The Force may be a toy to us,but Kai is not.”

Seriously. I do like Lucien's form of punishment - here, at least.

“We are two years older than Kai and have more sense.”

*cackles* ri-igh :p

“Our daughters will not be permanently damaged. You wrapped them in love and understanding tonight.”

*nods emphatically*

“I used corporal punishment on them once,” he pointed out.

*rolls eyes* Sometimes kids need to be spanked. Oh my goodness.

hahahaha the end :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Every parents nightmare.

Force Sensitive children sound almost like a pain to take care of. Makes you wonder some things.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    children are full of pranks.
    loved how Lucien took care of things

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

Okay, here my new update for you guys.

@SWpants666
    @Lady_Misty
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    @Gkilkenny
    @Tyranus230
    @DarthUncle
    @Sinrebirth

The chimney fire was not more than a gleaming heap of ash. Brocade pillows were spread throughout our chamber. The silken bed sheets lay crumbled in a corner. Both scimitars remained where we had dropped them last night.

Naked, I made my way to the window and opened it. I did not mind the cold coming forth. The world below me was silent and still untouched by sunlight. Banks of mist wobbled through the landscape. The surrounding peaks of the Saxum Lucis drowned in a soft pink light.

I folded my hands in front of the chest, fingertips pointing towards the ceiling. As I breathed in lightly,I pressed my palms together. The pressure that built up disappeared when I breathed out again. I raised my arms andbent over to touch the ground with my knuckles.

“My little sun,” commented a voice in deep reverence, when I was about to repeat my movements for the fifth time.

Luçien came to stand behind me, glided his hands around my hips and squeezed me gently. I let himturn me around. His large hands cupped my face with exquisite gentleness. He made me look up to him, while he bent down and began to kiss me thoroughly. I closed my arms around his waist, returning his passion.

After a while, my husband´s lips moved away from my mouth. They went across my closed eyelids and my cheeks. I started stroking his back. Force light spread over our naked skin, forming a cloak around us.

“Are you sure you want another child with me?” he wanted to know in a hushed voice.

“Don´t you miss it?” I started rolling one of his locks around my finger. “Changing nappies? Seeing me feed a little baby?”

He chuckled. “Let´s see what I can do to bring the joy of morning sickness into your life.”

Then he covered my mouth with his. I breathed a little sigh of pleasure and slipped my hands around his broad shoulders.

The door swung open with no warning. “Yikes, you are naked!” our daughters screamed in unison.

“Imagine that!” said a gleeful, female voice.

I jumped when Luna´s face appeared in the door frame.

Luçien roared in protest and vanished behind a sofa.

“As you can see, Mammy and Daddy did not kill each other last night, girls.” Luna started laughing. “They were just sparring.”

Faith looked sceptical. “In the bedchamber?”

Luna smirked at me, while I tried to cover my nakedness with a nearby pillow. “Your parents can have weapon training wherever they want. They own this castle, you know.”

Hope glared at her father. “Why did you make mom scream out more than once last night?”

“Er, those were warrior cries from the Mare Coloris.” It was somehow cute to see Luçien blush. “Your mother makes those when she gets excited in the heat of battle.”

Hope looked as stern as she could manage.

Faith walked towards me and also bathed me in a reproachful look. “Aunt Luna would not send in the emergency team last night. Please make sure that I never have to ask her for it again, Mammy. Just scream if you are really, really in danger.”

“Of course, dear.” I felt blood rushing to my face.

“We are off to have breakfast now.” Our daughters ran off again.

Discreetly, but with a mischievous grin Luna closed the door behind her.

With a sigh, Luçien sank down on the mattress. “We should have soundproofedwalls.”

“It can´t be helped now,” I offered. “We need to live through it with as much dignity as we can muster.”

He gave me an intense look. “You know what? Let us skip breakfast today.”

“Why?”

“Family planning.” He patted the mattress. “I need your assistance here, Grianán.”

Grinning, I stepped closer to him.

This time, it was Garou who was the first to notice my pregnancy. It happened when we were both in the royal stables, just after he had led his chestnut mare into her box. “Another girl?” he touched my belly in disbelief, his hands still dirty from travelling on horseback.

“Pick a name,” I begged him.

“Dawn,” the boy said dreamingly. “That is papa´s favourite hour of the day.”

I let him stroke my belly for a while. Then I asked, “By the way, do you have any news about Heulwen?”

He looked startled, as if I had just kicked him in his face. “I... I hardly haveseen her since she started that training program for combat pilots.”

“She is not interested in a friendship with you any longer,” I concluded.

“Being out in space fulfils her. I am just in the way.” Unbelievable sadness was in his eyes, drenching his heartand his Force presenceaura.

“You know that I love you very much. And so does your father and your mother and your sisters.”

He nodded dully. “I know.”

“And then there is also Éibhear, and the members of Draíocht´s family.” I smiled tightly.

“Including Grandfather Ruadhan and Uncle Ciall, I know,” he added. “It is justthat I thought for a while that I could really make a difference in Heulwen´s life. I remember the day that her mother was murdered by both Great-Grandfather Taran and Uncle Draň. You should have seen her eyes.”

My heart froze. I remember something Daná had said to me on her coronation day. “A yellow iris with red blood vessels?”

He gaped at me. “How did you know?I never told papa or anybody else.”

“We must do something,” I considered nervously.

“I think that everybody deserves a fair chance to change for the better, don´t you?” Garou gave me an intense gaze.

“Do not underestimate the dark side of the Force,” I warned him. “Even I thought it would never get me. But then my darkest fears opened all the gates of my mind...”

Sympathetically, he gave me a hug. “But you are safe now.”

“Safety is an illusion,” I told him. “A Force sensitive has to make decisions every day, more than ordinary people. It is not just a choice between the light and the dark, but a complete understanding of the multiple consequences that develop from each.”

“Those are absolutes. Are there never any grey zones?”

“What do you mean?”

“Great-Grandfather Dealg is a Force bender,” Garou said. “He seldom chooses sides. He simply is.”

“I wish that all of us could be that strong,” I answered flatly and pressed my hand on my belly where little Dawn grew inside me.