main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Beyond the trilogy

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by VideoPrince, Apr 18, 2013.

1. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Disney announced at CinemaCon in Las Vegas that STAR WARS films will be an annual summer event, starting in 2015 with Episode 7 and then alternating with spin-off films drawn from the same universe.

2. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    That sounds...like a market flood?

3. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Since it looks like a TV show just can't happen unless it was on HBO, annual movies will do.

4. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Honestly, I'm afraid that if movies are done one right after the other (as is planned), the quality of the product will suffer. I'd hate to see that happen.

5. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Just my 2 cents...Disney is going to dilute the franchise. Wayyy too much production and for what - marketing. It's all about the money. They don't have the passion to tell a good story like Geerge does, even if some of the SW movies were subpar in our opinion. But, it was George's story whether we liked it or not. For some reason, I get the feeling these Star Wars movies are going to be another version of John Carter.

BigDanLevitan likes this.
  6. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    I'm still hoping for the best with the Disney collaboration.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    In staying cautiously optimistic. Who knows how much work is already being done for the films?

If they were waiting to make the film and rush to get them to the theaters, then I would be worried. There is the possibility of multiple films being produced at once, with more time devoted to the main trilogy features.

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  8. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Exactly, I will bad talk them after I see them and they actually stink.

9. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    I wish I could be as excited about them as I was for Phantom Menace. Anyone remember that? I thought my head was going to explode waiting for that film! I'm excited about them- but my heart is reserving itself just in case it does get cheated. Disney is all about making money sure, but they've made a lot of great movies that tell incredible stories while making money hand over fist. And they've also made a lot of big time stinkers. A year ago I didn't think I'd ever get to see a new Star Wars film again so I have to be excited about this even if it isn't being produced under the most ideal situation. The ideal situation would be a little known director using little known actors and a tiny budget, but pouring his heart into the project like Lucas did in '77. We just can't expect it to be that good ever again.

10. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Sorry, the best Star Wars movies were not directed by Lucas.

11. Spice Smuggler

Apr 29, 2013
    Sure, Empire wasn't directed by Lucas. But A New Hope was. And it was definitely one of the best.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

12. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Neither was ROTJ. And, especially now when I watch them all back-to-back, sorry, while I have the utmost respect and admiration for Lucas' imagination, he demonstrates little skill in getting emotional chemistry to occur as a director.

Simplest comparison: Han & Leia versus Anakin & Padme. Both had two movies to set up a romantic connection. I only believed the portrayal of the former. The latter was without spark. You could say that was due to the actors, but if you have seen them, particularly Portman, in other films, it is clear to me that they received poor direction in bringing the thrill and tragedy of their forbidden, doomed, and pivotal romance to the screen.

Spice Smuggler likes this.
  13. Spice Smuggler

Apr 29, 2013
    I agree fully with that last statement. But, the last time I saw A New Hope I was really impressed by how raw Luke, Leia, and Han's emotions were during the escape from the Death Star. I felt like it was a great way to start their relationship, and it was very entertaining to watch those relationships develop over the next two films. Although it was a little messed up that Lucas tried to set it up as a love triangle knowing that Leia and Luke were siblings...

14. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't get the impression that Luke and Leia were already determined to be siblings nor or course that Vader was their father. I'm pretty sure that wasn't determined until production for ESB

15. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I just want to make sure JJ Abrahms stays healthy!

16. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I remember Phantom Menace. I remember being excited and waiting in line for the first showing at midnight. Then I remember going in and watching the movie. While I was excited to see Star Wars come back to theater with new content, I left wanting more. Same thing for Clones, waited in line for the midnight release. Went in watched the movie, loved it more than Phantom, couldn't wait for Vader.....
    ROTS no midnight show (darn work) Early morning show, loved it more than the first two, loved seeing Vader and.......walked away wanting more. Got the CLone Wars cartoons. I wasn't a huge fan but it was something.

Waiting to see what Disney has in store for us. Lens flare is a guarantee when you deal with DOuble J. That and the fact the Greg Grunberg will be part of it...