main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Recently, I preordered the 1/6th scale Wolffe. When the announcement came up on April 1st, I was afraid it was a prank, but luckily it wasn't. Just a day before the announcement I had told my friend that the only 6th scale figure I really, really wanted was Wolffe .. and then that :).

2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Commander Wolffe is so cool. I mean I even spent $10 on his figure. Just had to.

I picked up a lot recently. Not sure...guess May the 4th is getting me into Star Wars spirit. Picked up almost all the expanded universe figures/ships (Luke, clone Palps, Mary Jade, Sentinel, Adm. Thrawn, Concept Cloud City car, Air speeder, Speed bike, Cruise Missille, Swoop Bike. No one wanted them on Ebay, but man I really liked the design of the ships and hope to see their use in Episode VII. Then I picked up Vintage Imperial Attack base, Dagabah sets (not complete), Naboo starfighter, Kenobi's AOTC ship, Anakins ROTS ship, Commander Faie, Vintage Death Star Space Station (almost complete). So needless to say, I'm broke, but happy with my new collection pieces.

Also picked up this Sandtrooper. I think he's the one the Clone Wars was going to debut next season. Any thoughts?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/360636784582?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Looks like. Or even a concept sandtrooper. Honestly, I'm not sure. Parts of him look kit-bashed. You'll have to give us better pics when you get him.

Anywho, I haven't bought much lately, as I had dropped the cash on a non-SW figure, so I'm holding off on buying anything else for a while. In case you're curious, I bought this recently:

[​IMG]

The only thing SW-related about Mewtwo is the lightsaber he's holding, which I got at CVI.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the June issue of the UK Clone Wars comic magazine but put it through my neighbor's post slot instead of mine. (It's a temp postman this week). Neighbor gave it to me when he got home from work.

Darth Venator likes this.
  5. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Well, I hit 23 on Tuesday and as a reward for surviving another year I was awarded/thoroughly spoilt with:

Lego Jabba's Palace set.
    Lego Sarlacc Pit/Skiff set.
    An alarm clock shaped like a Boba Fett minifig.
    RotS Palpatine, Blue lightsaber variant. (YES! :))
    An A4 framed ep IV poster print.
    A mug with Luke on a Tauntaun on it.
    A 12" Jawa which we later discovered to be a money box.
    An R2D2 minifig keyring.
    A Stormtrooper keyring.
    A Stormtrooper t-shirt.
    And the Palpatine Transformer from the crossover line.

And a partridge in a pear tree :)

Honestly, I'm never usually this spoilt! So very happy right now... But I'm majorly savouring it, 'cause I'd imagine my other half and my family won't be so giving ever again :p

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's quite a haul there! Happy B-day!

My Gentle Giant brown snake jumbo figure Yoda arrived today. His box was enormous...packaging every bit as enormous. Seriously there's no way I could collect all of these, they're like regular 3 3/4" figures on steroids.

I do love the Yoda though. There are a handful of figs that I'd pick up - I'd get a Bespin Leia, a General Calrissian, and maybe some of the ewoks. Other than that, I don't really need more of them. I'll review and have pics of him after I move.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nice haul, Vebnator! (And happy birthday..)

I have a similar alarm clock to your Fett, I think. It's Vader. Got it as a Christmas 'Secret Santa' gift.

8. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Yesterday I bought a Princess Leia (A New Hope version) Gentle Giant's minibust.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh she's great!

10. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I hope so! I'll be able to open the minibust when I get home after college.

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I scored a Leia in Hoth gear TVC figure and a Luke in Bespin fatigues TVC figure at a consignment sale on Wednesday.

12. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I've ordered a few Bust ups from ebay. Are they good?

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got a Boba Fett bust-Up. I like it.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I like them - some of them fall apart pretty easily though.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I've had to put Boba together after dusting a few times.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I shall keep that in mind for when I get a Zuckuss Bust-Up. I'm an obsessive duster, so I'd have to put him back together quite often.

Though... if you never plan to dismantle the figures ever again... you could always glue the pieces together.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought the first two issues of the new SW Fact File (and free binder) today.

18. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    For Star Wars Day:
    B-wing lego set [ 50% off at Lego store so that factored heavily in my decision vs the new Red 5 X-wing I would have preferred, plus I have pretty much everything thing else]
    Han Solo in Hoth Gear Lego minifig 'giveaway' for spending over $75, very cool but "giveaway" :rolleyes:
    poster of Yoda Chronicles & comic book to go with it
    free comic book of Empire #1
    t-shirt with Chewie standing in front of palm trees holding a skateboard with a rebel insignia from Hot Topic
    Vintage Collection Luke in Hoth Outfit figure
    ROTJ Deleted Scene with Luke building lightsaber figure

My mother came back to NJ from her Florida house with 3 Clone Wars figs she picked up for less than a dollar each: Obi-Wan Kenobi, R4-P17, and Quinlan Vos

Yeah, my mother is cool like that, but then again she has been buying Star Wars stuff for us since 1977, LOL! She has some experience.

Anyway, I made the most of SW day than I ever had before by doing the true thing SW fans do best: spend $ on SW stuff. ;)

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Picked up Insider #141 the other day.

20. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I think I'll pick up Season four of the Clone Wars in blu-ray this week....
    Still waiting for those Bust-Ups, hope they're nice!

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Found Vader's Little Princess on sale at a local bookstore today.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I read that a while ago, and thought it was great. Jeffrey Brown certainly has a knack for these little humor books, and is good at heartwarming stuff as well.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    He's run out of Vader offspring now though.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  25. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Don't know if it counts as collecting but I got Star Wars: Bounty Hunter off Ebay on Tuesday and it came today. I haven't played it yet(will do when I have finished Jedi Starfighter) but it looks like a awesome game.