main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Where is the link? :(

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Good point! The #SaveTheCloneWars campaign may ACTUALLY be getting visibility at Disney, and it may have affected their decision to finish these! Hard to know without any feedback from them, but to me it means is we should keep it up to show we want more.

3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    More Plo Koon, yay! :rolleyes:

I hope he cries himself into depression the next time he watches the Order 66 scene.

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    A part of me hopes that the Bounty Hunter arc falls through mainly for the reason that they might kill off Cad Bane; he should survive and appear in other SW projects since he's one of the best characters the show has given us and to kill him now would be a disservice.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    No guarantee of him being shown in the future though. I just want more Cad Bane!

6. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    I for one could live quite happily w/o ever seeing Cad Bane (or frankly any of the bounty hunters, or Hondo and his gang) ever again.

7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm very happy with the ending they gave Ahsoka. Someone (other than Palpatine) deserved a happy ending, and she was the one who got it. She rode off into the sunset and lived happily ever after. The end.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. Save the Clone Wars campaign might be helping is a good thing to hear. I know there are many sceptics, but it is always positive to think that what we are doing could be responsible for more TCW content in one way or another.

It is always annoying that what we love is held prisoner by a company that to this day has not even shown any stance on the show. ANY!
    I also do hope that in secret Disney are monitoring and seeing all the talk and reaction to TCW being where it is now cause of them.

A Plus!? OH YEAH! This made me so happy... in the attached article to the clip, I was overjoyed to read that this arc is starring Plo Koon - something I wanted for quite some time. TCW really shot themselves in the foot with the declaration that there are not going to be anymore Other Jedi-centric stories.
    I hope this arc that hopefully stars Plo 100% bashes those claims from the creators and we get back to the S1 roots where we got a story about Yoda and Mace and Kit... and so on!
    As Ventress said These are strange times... And in these strange times, we must be more careful than ever to not take everything 1000% true just from the first read.
    I hope more and more negative rumors from before get debunked and we get and more TCW episodes.

I am sure that part and a possible death of Aurra Sing in the Bounty Hunters would piss off a lot of EU purists and they will continue to hate on the show.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was just thinking maybe we should set expectations that the episode may just have Plo Koon for the one part where he is searching in the desert. It could switch to some other Jedi investigating after that? I think it should stay with Plo, but just didn't want to assume anything.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I know. It has happened before... but the reports say that the arc stars Plo Koon and I would love that.
    There have been arcs that have an arc start with one Jedi, but just end up being about Obi or Anakin like in Season 2 with the first appearance of Eeth Koth.

But since this is Plo - Filoni's fave - maybe we could expect something more.

darklordoftech and Ani501st like this.
  11. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    It's been confirmed for some time now that Bane survives the Clone Wars, and was one of the Empire's freelancers.

12. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    IIRC it was on the Gentle Giant maquette description. Whether it's accurate or not is another story.

More than they do already?

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I know about that, but knowing TCW, it might very well get retconned.

14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    TBH adding Sing's death in the show would add more fuel to the fire against TCW for the EU purists. Moar rage! Of course, not doing this won't change their opinion of the show anyway... And it's all cool, as everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But one need only keep an open mind about such matters. Appreciate what new stories and ideas that TCW has already given us, rather than what it has destroyed or overwritten.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

More, much more. Even if I still think the Piell one was unjustified since he was gone and ROTS and replaced on the Council (one only can be replaced on the Council if one is dead) so the novel after that both means that TCW did their job better.
    Nevertheless, Aurra dying in TCW series would fuel more rage and hatred from people - some with justified hatred and some just hating for the sake of hating anything that conflicts with their pre-established SW universe - these people bring more hate for TCW and will cause damage for its overall reputation.

Like many haters on this forum, they will remember mostly the bad stuff the show has done, but never the good stuff.

Well said... people do need to keep and open mind on things regarding the entire show. Like with the movies, many people judge an entire group of stories just based on one or few they hate a lot.
    The same way TESB lifts the entire OT above average (it saves ROTJ from being totally horrible and gives more weight to ANH even if ANH is mainly a setup movie), the same way people hate Season Three the most cause of the horrible prequel episodes in the first half.

Personally, I hate a lot episodes like Shadow Warrior or Evil Plans, but those episodes (as bad as they were) did not stop me from loving the show. The series is not perfect by any chance, but I consider my relationship with the show a kind of a love-hate relationship. You take the good in with the bad...

And as much as I like Aurra, I do not think her death in the show would make me Love or hate it more than I do now. For some, it could be and is 100% the final straw in leaving SW... for me not so much.
    I mean she does not do much after the war and everything before her first TCW appearance is still intact aka her adventure with my favorite Tikkes still exists.
    All her older stories that people love her for still exist and TCW can not change. What she is famous for still exists and ending her with a bang is better than leaving her to fade into nothing. IMO

The only thing that would be replaced would be her defeat by the Solo kid Jacen, nothing special.

Nobody start a riot, these are just words of a random fanboy and not such a diehard for Aurra.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    So, I just now caught the Plo Koon discovery video (very nice animation, by the way) and I see some folks have suggested the lightsaber Master Koon uncovers may have belonged to Sifo-Dyas (and I suppose this could be), but am I mistaken, or does the lightsaber hilt not bear more than a passing resemblance to that of Revan's?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan's_lightsaber

Just food for thought.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Interesting. The resemblance is uncanny. However, I highly doubt that this lightsaber is one and the same as Revan's. First off, note that in the very article you linked it mentions that Revan's lightsaber blade changed from blue to green and then to purple, but the lightsaber Plo finds has a blue blade. And then of course, Revan existed almost four thousand years before the events of TCW, and I doubt the crashed fighter is that ancient. It's possible, but unlikely. Finally, I don't see how Revan has anything to do with this arc about the mystery of Sifo-Dyas whatsoever.

Although it would be cool to see Revan referenced in some form in TCW (recall the scrapped idea for the Mortis trilogy), I think it's largely unnecessary and fanservice at its finest. Stick with the simple explanation and make it a lightsaber once belonging to Sifo-Dyas or someone close to him.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Revan, now that'd be even cooler than Sifo-Dyas! I can't wait to see what storyline they've come up with. Just imagine if Plo Koon found Revan or Sifo-Dyas frozen in carbonate or something, that'd be awesome.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree with just about everything you've said here, but I still can't help but find the possibility of some connection to Revan a bit intriguing.

Does the possibility have a leg to stand on? Well, the Wolfpack member did offer, "whenever it (the T-6) crashed, it wasn't recently." ;) Still, while the crash may have occurred a long time ago, I don't imagine he meant thousands of years! And while I can't see Lucasfilm having any qualms about changing a lightsaber's canonical blade color (especially in a case like Revan's, where it's never really been pinned down to any one color, anyway), you're absolutely right that the notion of any thread leading from Revan, all the way to Sifo-Dyas, does seem rather far-fetched, given what we know presently.

That said, the story of Revan is one which continually reinvents itself, and just when one thinks the final chapter has been written - poof - the man disappears, only to work his way back into events hundreds of years later... [face_thinking]

Circular_Logic likes this.
  20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It's too bad Dooku has Sifo-Dyas' lightsaber and we know the mystery surrounding the order of the clone army thanks to Labyrinth of Evil and Darth Plagueis......

21. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    Maybe Dooku planted his lightsaber on purpose in that ship wreck.

22. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Don't worry, I'm sure TCW is going to give us a completely different version of events and claim its better this way....

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    And will probably be right.

24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I never expected we'd get an on-screen resolution to the Sifo-Dyas plot (although I always assumed Dooku was the one who placed the order under the dead Jedi' name). So it's very cool to get some closure on that.

Now, I was in AWE over that clip. The unusual way the episode starts with a shooting star darting across an empty star field, followed by a pan into the atmosphere. Loved the Ralph McQuarrie inspired amor the Wolfpack was wearing.
    But best of all, how well the highly atmospheric and detailed footage fit the use of the original John Williams score to the t.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Hasn't in the past, don't expect it in the future.

Apophis_ and Mia Mesharad like this.