main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is anyone else going to cry?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Porkins4Ever, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porkins4Ever

Porkins4Ever Jedi Master

Apr 12, 2005
    I mean seriously, I have been watching the Blu-ray of the saga and listening to the radio play. I am 100% positive that I am going to weep like a baby when Luke, Han and Leia show up on screen in episode 7...

Anyone else feel this way??

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll probably be too pumped up and excited to weep we they first appear on screen but I'm sure I'll be misty eyed if/when one of them dies.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm going to weep like a baby if Porkins shows up.

4. Porkins4Ever

Porkins4Ever Jedi Master

Apr 12, 2005
    I cry at a lot of the saga, mostly in the original trilogy......Is there a "parts you weep like a baby at" thread in the saga forum??

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  5. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'll admit it.....I will. :_|

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I cry every time I think about Episode VII... because of what I read about it in this forum...

7. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm a man, its not crying. Its eye sweat.

8. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Well i always get chocked up in the end of epi IV when Luke is the only one left in the trench run when the force music comes on and vader says, force is strong with this one.
    For epi VII gosh i dont know :_|

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Since this is JJ "shoves you full of feels" Abrams, I will probably die of an emotion overdose.

fistofan1 and Jedirush2112 like this.
  10. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I think when I hear the opening fanfare I'm sure I'll tear up a bit. I'm wishy-washy like that.

Pensive Padme likes this.
  11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Hm... I don't cry easily. I've only ever teared up during two scenes in SW, the one in ROTS where Obi-Wan visits Padme's apartment, and the victory celebration at the end of ROTJ.

I certainly hope that at least Episode IX will contain some kind of tear-worthy scene

Darth slaughter likes this.
  12. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    Yeah I probably will have a few tears.
    Must admit I did at the end of ROTS soon as the credits come up just coz I thought this was it, the last ever SW EVER!!! But I was wrong and thank the maker I was wrong :)

WatTamborWoo and DarthKreVass like this.
  13. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I haven't cried at a movie since I was in my single-digit years. And those years ended 23 years ago.

I imagine I will not cry at all.

14. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Let it out, bro

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Unless they bring a bunch of dogs/puppies on screen and throw them off a cliff or something, I doubt I'll cry. I've never cried during a Star Wars film. While certain scenes moved me and I got choked up, I've never actually teared up.

EDIT: Although, I have to admit, if Han dies (well, any of the Big Three, really), that may do it! :p

16. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    I cry every time I think about Episode VII... because of what I read about it in this forum...
    -----------------

[face_laugh]

as for the question at hand:

no I doubt it.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I won't cry, it'll just be raining on my face.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hardly ever cry over anything in real life, but I will cry over a book or a movie. I cry during Vader's death scene in ROTJ no matter how many times I watch it.

I'm with the PP who said that I probably won't cry when/if the Big Three show up on screen, but I definitely will if one of them dies.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm gonna wail like a wookiee watching his best friend get frozen in carbonite! :)

20. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    i will cry if a Gungan is among the main characters (specially if it´s a jedi)

Team Padme likes this.
  21. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Only when Dumbledore died

oops! wrong saga...

22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Hmmm...

Yesterday and the day before I watched Episodes 1 and 2. The scene where Anakin leaves his mother had me crying....the scene where Shmi dies had me sniffling...and her funeral had me crying HARD. :_| I'm going to be watching ROTS tonight and I can't watch that without crying like a baby. (I was sobbing to an embarrassing extent in the theater the last half hour) As far as the Original Trilogy goes, I usually get misty eyed at three points: Luke discovering the burned-out homestead, the death of Anakin/Vader, and the ending of Episode 6. (I am a total sap, LOL)

Given this, I can guarantee I'll be crying at some point during Episode 7. If Luke or another major character dies....oh, my. I may have to leave the theater fearing attack by angry moviegoers. :p

23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    No tough-guy posturing intended here - I've been known to go into hysterics from stubbing my toe - but I literally can't remember the last time I cried during a film. So it's very unlikely to happen no matter what's on the screen.

24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I decided to re-watch ROTJ yesterday (haven't watched it fully since the '90s, mind you) and I have to admit, while watching Luke lash out at Vader after he threatened to turn Leia instead, the music was so powerful that it gave me the feeling that I could cry. It was probably one of the greatest emotional scenes ever in motion pictures and after all these years it's still makes me feel that way. That's what you call good storytelling.

25. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    i think you're safe on that one, given all parties involved are dead...altough maybe tears of fear if they somehow have zombie porkins....

-------

and i'm sure i'll do it if/when any of the big 3 die...like if han and chewie go kamikaze with the falcon, thats like 3 major things just *poof*...it'd be sad for sure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.