main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How do you plan on seeing the spin-offs?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Seagoat, May 2, 2013.

?

How will you watch the spin-off movies?

1. In theaters on opening day!

69.5%
  2. A few days/weeks after it's been in theaters, I need to avoid the crowds

16.9%
  3. I'll buy the DVD/Blu-Ray when it comes out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'll just download it from the internet (tsk tsk)

1.7%
  5. I won't even watch them

1.7%
  6. Other (Post below)

10.2%
  1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Stoned out of my mind with half naked Swedish supermodels on each arm.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    In the theater, on opening day or at least opening weekend. The only exception to that would be something like the Ahsoka spin-off possibility that anakinfansince1983 mentioned, but that is NOT going to happen. :p

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am far too cool to go to an opening night showing... and I hate crowds, so I won't go the first few days... and I don't like spending money, so I will wait until it is in the dollar theatre.

Until then, I will spend every waking second of each day typing on the internet about how much I am looking forward to it and all of my brilliant opinions on what the plot should be.

What...?

4. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    It depends on what they're about. If they take the Avengers route and use these movies to flesh out certain characters from the new trilogy, I'll wait until I've seen EpIX. I want to experience this trilogy the same way I experienced the others, with the same kind of anticipation and speculation inbetween episodes.
    Come to think of it, I might just wait 'til after EpIX either way, to keep from getting too much of the good stuff - unless they make spin-off movies that are drastically different in style and content.

- Mesa called Jar Jar Binks.
    - Greetings, exalted one.

/LM

5. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Opening day, of course! Are you kidding? ;)

I'm pretty sure it'll be the first time I've seen a movie on opening day since ROTS.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I will parachute into the movie theater, landing in my seat right as the movie is about to start.

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    If I'm being completely honest, I'll be the first one in line for any Star Wars movie - yes, even that worthless side-character Boba Fett. I love Star Wars, and while some of the other material is good (some games, some comics, not really any books,) none of it compares to seeing Star Wars where it belongs - on the BIG screen. I saw the midnight premiere of Clone Wars for crying out loud!

8. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I usually like to go the following weekend after opening week. The crowds have thinned some, but still plenty of excitement.

9. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Opening night, in costume :D

fishtailsam and Son of a Bith like this.
  10. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Do you know who you're going to dress up as yet?

11. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    My current costume is a Corellian Jedi (green and black). Other costumes in the works which could be done by 2015 are X-Wing Pilot/Jaina Solo and "Corellian civilian" (more normal clothes, sort of a Mirax-style outfit but hopefully with a lightsaber holster eventually), and the dream costumes include Darth Revan and Jedi Academy Twi'lek, though I feel those last two would probably be uncomfortable to wear in a movie theater. :)

Son of a Bith likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going to dress up as Batman.

Dranem likes this.
  13. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    person behind you: Err, excuse me, could you please get your head tails out of my lap?
    Arienne_Darklighter: Dae Wanna Wonga!

Arienne_Darklighter likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    No costume for me. I'm not opposed to dressing up occasionally but I find costumes uncomfortable and I want to be comfortable while watching the movie.

[/old fart stick in the mud post]

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, me too. I usually watch Star Wars naked. :)

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I only watch the Sleepless Knight scene naked.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  17. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Opening day? No. Opening weekend? Probably not. I usually wait until the following week when the crowd isn't as big. I saw ROTS opening weekend and I got stuck in the front row and had to watch the movie with my head tilted back. Went to see it again the following week and had a much better seat.

18. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I went to the Avengers midnight premier with my Adam West era Batman Cowl and almost got in a fight with a Captain America costumed fan. That is the greatest thing about being a geek - being able to recount a story like that to my son someday.

"Did I ever tell you the time your old man dressed up like Batman and almost had to take out a guy with a big plastic shield?"

He is going to be SOOO proud of me!

19. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I voted opening day, but I don't even know if I'll see EPISODE VII on opening night or day. I'm not as likely to go to the movies as I was in 2005 even if I really want to see something.
    If it were possible to go to Amazon Prime or Netflix or starwars.com or whatever and pay to stream it to my TV in 2015, which I'm sure it won't, as much as I really like watching that opening in a theater on the theater screen and recall seeing just that in the past for the other movies, I would probably choose that streaming option.

20. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    On LaserDisc while drinking Crystal Pepsi and eating a Bigfoot from Pizza Hut.

21. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i'm trying to think if i ever saw a star wars movie on opening day.

22. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Well, that's why you make comfortable costumes. :D

I understand you though. I wouldn't dress up for Titanic, for example, because a 1911 dress in a movie theater would be awful. (and because I'm not a huge Titanic fan anyway.)

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, seriously. At the ROTS midnight showing, I was wearing my TIE pilot costume and I had some one-armed man beating up on me with a plastic lightsaber (no joke!). We finally offered him $10 to exchange his ticket for another showing so he wouldn't be in the same theater as us. It was interesting, to say the least. And yeah, it will make a great story some day!

As for the topic of the thread, it all depends what the subject is. I won't go rushing out to the theater to see a film about Boba Fett, for example. Now, if it were a film about Han Solo? I'll be there at midnight, no questions asked.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  24. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Opening day/night is always a great way to experience a film, so time permitting that's when I'd like to see them.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You probably shouldn't do that at the theater. :p

I've never worn a costume to a theater. I don't think I've worn costumes other than Halloween as a kid and Halloween parties in the past few years, actually, and never a SW one. When I saw the '97 SE release of ANH at the theater, though, my friend wore a Boba Fett costume he'd made (it looked good, not some store-bought Halloween thing). People were calling to him and giving him high fives, and he was just doing the silent Boba Fett nod.

Edit: I just remembered. For a Halloween party about ten years ago, I used a black hooded robe to make a Palpatine costume... so that's one SW costume.