main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars: Kenobi by John Jackson Miller

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthJenari, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Yeah, sounds very good and interesting. Also sounds like this is going to go more into depth about the conflict that led to Obi-Wan vs A'Sharad Hett, unless there was more than one Tuscan uprising during "Ben's" time on Tatooine.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If this is about Hett... =P~[face_love]

Especially as it would fix a key part of Legacy's backstory (and to think they thought they were playing it safe focusing on Pre-ROTJ stories that wouldn't have any impact on Episode 7 :p).

cdgodin, TychoCorde and Chewbacca89 like this.
  3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    This will probably be my favorite Star Wars novel if we see Hett. I cant imagine how awesome he will be written by Mr. Miller.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Looking forward to this.

5. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    The blurb def brought images of Hett to mind... maybe Old Wounds will be a part of this too. I can see the book spanning a few years maybe the Hett thing is part 1, part 2 is about some other criminal or raider that he fights and part 3 is Old Wounds. The undercurrent could be the rising tension/anger towards Ben from the Lars'.

6. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Which part needs fixing? [face_thinking]

Rew likes this.
  7. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I meant "fix" in the sense of setting in stone that something happened.

Now, if Obi-Wan were also to have a vision of that same Tuskan war chief sitting on a throne...

TychoCorde likes this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "Traitor to the Empire" -- I'm liking this blurb already.

oh yeah and I guess it'd be neat if the Usurper were in the book too, or something. :p

Zorrixor likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'd be as excited for a novelization of this as anyone else, but let's breathe for a moment--this is JJM, the guy who loves original stories. I have a hard time seeing him choose to adapt even a bare-bones existing story over doing something brand-new.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    JJM definitely loves original stories, yeah, but that's also what has made his adaptations so much more than just adaptations: because he gets that adaptations themselves are original stories, and makes the most of it. Look at what he did with "things we already knew" about Malak, or "what happened to Commander Shepard between games?"

These weren't great big unknowns... we already knew the outcome, like the Lost Tribe surviving, or Hett losing an arm, but it's the journey how they got there that makes all the difference, and that's still very much open for an original adventure.

Sinrebirth and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    As long as it's not Maul.

Rew likes this.
  12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    maybe i will get this. i thought everything was covered in the "Life and Legend of Obi Wan Kenobi" but it sounds like this is something new

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think the blurb sounds great, and it would be an added bonus if it's indeed about Hett.

14. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    The Life and Legend of Obi Wan Kenobi by Scholastic did novelize the Obi-Wan/Hett confrontation, I am pretty sure.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    As long as it's not Vader you mean.

16. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, something I've noticed about JJM's Star Wars work is that, while of course he prefers to write his own original stories, he also has no qualms using elements from past stories to enrich his own. I certainly don't expect this to be a novelization, but I can definitely imagine it will be referenced and, possibly, worked into the plot.

It did. Was actually pretty good.

17. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Gotcha. I'm definitely a rookie when it comes to Legacy lore so I figured something had come down the pike that needed solving but went totally over my head.

18. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Will we get Bo-Katan in this novel?

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    What if Old Wounds is made canon by this? ;)

20. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm looking forward to this book and will probably buy it in hardback, I buy Star Wars books in paperback only. I like the plot, sounds like he's become more of a vigilante than a peacekeeper now. I have to admit that I don't know who Hett is and why is he/she so awesome?

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    He was an emo dude with cool tats in the Republic comic series that ran for a few years back during the prequel years.

Then he transformed into an even more emo downer of a fellow and decided to sulk in Yuuzahn Vong armor and conquer the galaxy as Darth Krayt in the Legacy comic series.

In one of Ryder Windham's young adult books Obi-Wan met him on Tatooine during his years in exile and was so overcome by his emo angstiness that he cut off his arm.

RC-1991, Zorrixor, cdgodin and 2 others like this.
  22. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow there was a lot of angst in that post.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    When Bane says you're a loser and Nihilus tells you you're nothing, you know you've got issues.

24. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Nihilus tells someone they're nothing? Doesn't he believe everyone is nothing? Just sayin' it doesn't sound like much of an insult coming from him :cool:

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    That was jealousy :p Krayt went on to be bigger than all of them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]