main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Discuss/Regrade the Episode: S03E07: The Assassin

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Apr 22, 2013.

?

Please regrade this episode again

1. 10/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8/10

5.6%
  4. 7/10

38.9%
  5. 6/10

16.7%
  6. 5/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4/10

16.7%
  8. 3/10

5.6%
  9. 2/10

11.1%
  10. 1/10

5.6%
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This time I would agree with you. The only redeeming qualities were seeing Alderaan and hearing Leia's theme as the theme for Alderaan.

The visions thing was stupid and went nowhere and having it be Ziro as the main reason for all of this was stupid too.
    I mean instead of Dooku and Gunray wanting Amidala's head, we get a character many hate. I mean I do not have anything against the thing, but there were other baddies that deserved to be the centre of attention in those episodes leading up to Hostage Crisis. Phhhgggfff... Hostage Crisis should have been about busting Tambor out, not Ziro.
    But that is another issue I can go on and on about.

2. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah I would have been perfectly happy to let Ziro rot in jail – not because I don’t like him (though I have no love for him either), his story just isn’t relevant.

Yes, misplaced focus is one of the biggest TCW-pet peeves for me.

3. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    At least the character got a resolution, which seemingly won't be the case with some other more major secondary ones.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Exactly! There were bigger fish to fry than Ziro...

That is true.
    But I am still annoyed that he got a nice arc to end his journey, but Wat Tambor and Poggle still rot in jail. Contradictory to the EU! :mad:

SeparatistFan likes this.
  5. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    My point exactly: they waste precious screen-time to give an irrelevant end to an (at this point in time) irrelevant character, instead of keeping their focus on what’s important. Of course, back then they didn’t know that TCW would get cancelled before time, but I really don’t think there were many who were wondering what had become of Ziro. “The bad guy goes to jail” was a satisfying end to his character IMO.

That being said I did enjoy Obi-Wan and Quinlan Vos teaming up.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So did I, especially how hilariously obvious it was that Obi-Wan can't stand Quinlan.

AkashKedavra_93 and FARK2005 like this.
  7. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    May I post the next rewatch & regrade thread so that this thread series can get going again? What do you think, Seerow?

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    What's the rush? Next episode is Evil Plans which is everyones favorite right? Sorry I've been a little busy this week. I've posted Evil Plans.

9. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm not in a rush. I was just volunteering to help out with it, nothing more.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Awesome, for once the highest rating might come from me. :p I liked that one.

I'll rank it when I get home.

11. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Although I like the episodes Hostage Crisis and Hunt for Ziro, the breakout should have been for Wat Tambor and if that was the case it could have been the Separatist Council on Evil Plans instead of the Hutt Council.

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

YES... YES... And triple YES!

That what it should have been about. So much more important than Hutts in the grand ROTS scheme of things.

SeparatistFan likes this.