main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars: The Clone Wars nominated for seven daytime Emmys

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Convor, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Who's allowed to call you that? Does anyone call you "madam"?

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    None of your business and no.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You are right. I know you are not a fan of TCW...

I will lay off since I do love Season Two of Prime so much that I will make a Megamix about the villains of the show. And I must admit Season Two of Prime did make me love the show a lot. Season Two was a huge improvement over Season One.
    Visuals of Prime are good for what it is meant to be.

So true... *cough*Tikkes*cough*.

You are right on your points about the Transfromers Prime show.
    I am not gonna argue with you anymore. You have presented enough evidence for me to stand down and agree with you.
    Well done, Lord Zandalor! =D=

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Lord Zandalor.... this I like.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You have presented good arguments, you are a Sith and you have the title of Darth so a LORD is in order!

6. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I enjoy Transformers Prime (although I wish we could get a show without humans for once and isn't Beast Wars) but I'm rooting for The Clone Wars! Go Sam Witwer! :)

7. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    To me Transformers will always be the original '80's cartoon. Wonder why they abandoned that new Thundercats series that aired a couple years ago. It seemed to get good ratings but they never re-newed it for a second season (and I don't think they have even released dvd's for it yet). In my personal opinion the '80's Thundercats series is the best cartoon series ever created aside from Looney Toones.

8. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Personally I think it's funny that TCW gets nominated for things like best music and best voice cast but loses out on best writing to shows like Penguins of Madagascar and Arthur. It's testament to something that I have been saying for a very long time, TCW focused too heavily on the technical side of things and not the story writing.

Yeah...
    Finest actors...
    Truly honoured by his presence...

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Regardless of what anyone here thinks, this is been due for sometime. The Clone Wars year in and out has steadily improved from the movie/first season. The nominations are in order....now..........................can they damn win one? Cause with the Annie's they get nominated but lose every year. The micro series that some of you bash, complain, and criticize won 3 Emmy's and 1 Annie. They have been the only really good stuff to come out of the entire prequel era. Okay, they just recently won about 8 awards for the voice acting, but those awards aren't Annie's. And the voice acting has been superb over the years.

I truly think that winning a couple of Emmy's in June will finally put the show on the map. Since the second half of season 3 on foward, we have gotten an improved show that not only improves on the animation (like most of you said they have with all the technical stuff), but the stories have really brought home some serious thought about the wars, their purpose, and the damage its done across the board. The last 2.5 years have been awesome and truly showed that this show was improving with age, and with at least 2 to 3 more years not only could they have wrapped this nicely, but left an undying legacy. Thats now not going to happen, but winning several Emmy's will at least make this show respectable. It will give the respect that it deserves. Many of the actors, writers, and animators have really done a jam up job with the last 2.5 years and getting this designation and recognition goes along way. If anything, it motivates the new cadre of actors, animators, and writers that are going to work on the new star wars animatoed show to raise the bar.
    Winning several Emmy's will shut up the critics, including myself that the only succesful award winning show of in-continuity or EU stuff was the micro series.

Too bad the show had to get cancelled to have the Emmy's finally nominate the show. This is sad, but for some reason one either has to die, or get stuff cancelled to be recognized, and this is a shame.

10. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Respect to the cancelled my ass.

11. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    You're always so kind. :p

credar likes this.
  12. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I recognise you from Gallifreybase. You don't really like Tennant do you? Do you want me to go through all the other stellar work he has done? And all the awards he has won over the years? And the rave reviews he is currently getting in his two most recent dramas? Because I will if you insist on playing this game.

13. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm not particularly fussed by him, no. And it's not a matter of how well received Broadchurch or The Politician's Husband have been. I was just refuting the notion that having David Tennant on a project is an honour when he's been quite happy to slum it with Tesco, Virgin Broadband and American express ads and really, really bad movies.

14. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Oooh, Doctor Who contention in the comments. The first interesting thing to happen in this thread.

15. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There is nothing wrong with an actor doing adverts. It appears to be Americans who have a problem with this as apparently to them it means actors only do this when the career is at a dead end. Things are different in the UK. Respected actors doing adverts is perfectly normal here. His movies: they may have been bad movies but at least they were entertaining ones!!! He's not above doing crap movies just for entertainment! The fact that his career hasn't been harmed by those few movies suggests a lot.

16. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm not American. I'm from the UK. And I consider his numerous ad appearances to be slumming it. That's not something I hold against just Tennant. I'm quite fond of Stephen Fry and I believe he was slumming it when pimping Twinings tea for god knows how long.

And as for Nativity 2, Fright Night and St Trinians 2 being entertaining, I'm really not even going to try entering a discussion there. The fact of the matter is the material he was working with was still bad. Because of that I wouldn't consider having him on board a project as evidence of it being worth anything as he's proven himself willing to work with incredibly dire material.

17. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    It's not that American actors are technically against advertisements but in general most of them don't do it because they don't need to. I believe American actors get paid a lot better than UK actors do so if there American acting career is going well there is no need to go back and do the things that most people do when they are first starting out. When they aren't bringing in that heavy cash flow and aren't bringing in those blockbuster paychecks that is when you see them doing the things that most actors/actresses do when they are first starting out. Occasionally you will see a big time actor make a commercial during a special event (such as a Super Bowl where lots of people are watching) but most of the time there is no need for them to do so if their career is going well because they are making enough money already.

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I also have an opinion on this matter.

Lol TCW winning awards yeah right

Even if they sent Ashley round to "beg" for an Emmy they'd tell her to **** off. Chipmunks have huge teeth, perfect for clamping down on stuff.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    And with that post I'll take my leave, back to the dark hole from whence I came.

Goodbye everyone! I'll see you all again when Star Wars: The Republic: The New Republic: Clone Wars begins airing.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  20. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Sam Witwer deserves a nod for Maul. The other two, absolutely not!

Not when you have Dee Bradley Baker as Captain Rex and Commander Cody, Matt Lanter's Anakin, and Ashley Eckstein's Ahsoka in the cast.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    David Tennet should win an emmy for his epic droid voice acting.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  24. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    We should all hug and get along! :D

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If people could post anything the least bit critical without getting jumped on...yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.