main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Congratulations to all of the BTVA winners from The Clone Wars!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DookuIsTyranus, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DookuIsTyranus

DookuIsTyranus Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    The following individuals from Star Wars: The Clone Wars won a Behind The Voice Actors Award in the following categories.

- Male Voice Actor of the Year: Dee Bradley Baker

- Best New Vocal Interpretation of an Established Character: Sam Witwer (Darth Maul)

- Best Male Lead Vocal Performance in a Television Series - Action/Drama : James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

- Best Male Vocal Performance in a Television Series in a Supporting Role - Action/Drama : Corey Burton (Cad Bane)

- Best Female Vocal Performance in a Television Series in a Supporting Role - Action/Drama : Nika Futterman (Asajj Ventress)

Congratulations to these five individuals!! You guys rock!!! :)

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Cad Bane wasn't even in this season, why the hell would they bother giving an award for that?
    And Witwer? I think I've made my point about his voice acting ranging from prepubescent growl to castrated enough times that folks around here get the idea. A good VA he ain't.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Sam Witwer. [face_dancing]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  4. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Congrats!

Ahh Zandalor, you're always so positive. :p

The Shadow Emperor and credar like this.
  5. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Woot woot! :D Congrats everyone! Even though you will never see this message!

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That is weird about Bane. Definitely happy about Futterman and Taylor though.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Why would you complain about a VA having a castrated sounded voice when Maul is castrated?

Witwer did a better performance with Maul than I could ever imagine and I'm glad he won (and I'm also glad that the guys who despise Clone Wars have a new reason to have further despair that it's winning awards).

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nice. [face_plain]

The difference is that those who "despise the Clone Wars" are managing to express their opinions without making disparaging personal comments towards those who like the show.

I also don't think anyone is "despairing", just commenting on which awards they thought were deserved.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    =D=

Congratulations!

10. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    For the record I enjoyed Witwer's performance - he really managed to bring the character to life. That said...

...these sorts of snide comments are why I "despise" this place.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    TCW deserved these wins, Witwer's performance included; to me he was quite convincing as Maul.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  13. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Was Bane even in this season?

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  15. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Great wins! Finally, a win for Ventress!!!!!

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think DBB was up for Korra but glad he won anyways. Well done TCW cast. Sam Witwer does a great job with fleshing out the surprising amount of guile that Maul had. JAT was brilliant in "The Lawless". He always does a great job as Obi-wan. I can't say enough how awesome it was to hear him act out the "Your were my brother!" lines from ROTS when I saw JAT live at SWW twice. I'll assume Corey Burton is getting his win from season 4. I can't imagine Cad Ban sounding any other way. Then Nikka Futterman did an amazing job in the season 4 finale and again in season 5. She's so great at shifting between sadistic, sensual, and depressed. Great job guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.