main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT background stuff in the OT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by darthbarracuda, Dec 21, 2012.

1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    There's various background easter eggs in the OT. Like Luke calling Leia "Carrie", or the shoe in the ROTJ battle of endor sequence, or the mon calamari alien saying "Die D@#$heads!" once the Executor crashes into the DS2. And then there's Bib Fortuna telling Bousch (sp) that 3PO is "gay" and boba fett nods.

I wanna know some other easter eggs that are in the entire saga, and if they have been removed in the following special editions.

Thanks!

2. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    I'll state the obvious one. Stormtrooper bumps his head.

3. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Oh yeah I forgot bout that one XD

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Apparently some of Greedo's dialogue to Han translates as "I love your big blue eyes"

Similarly, an Ewok says "It smells of cornflakes here"

Half the asteroids in ESB were potatoes

There's a sneaker doubling as a Star Destroyer in the distance in one shot of the climactic battle of ROTJ

There's a Jedi ghost wandering around the Falcon when they leave Mos Eisley

5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I never heard about either of these two.

As far as Ewoks go, when our heroes get surrounded by a whole tribe of them, you can clearly hear two having a conversation: "That guy's wise." "Like I'm short."

6. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 6, 2013
    Die D***heads???? I've never heard that, gonna look it up haha, also I always though Bib Fortuna said ''he's king'' referring to Jabba when he addresses Leia/Boussh? and Fett nods. It sounds a lot funnier Bib calling 3PO gay...

7. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    There is no shoe or footballs (or potatoes, I think) in the asteroid field. I have friends that have watched the scene frame by frame looking for them...

The Imperial Guard who uses Leia as a human shield at Bespin was the actor who played Boba Fett.
    The language used by the Sullustans is a real African language, as suggested by the actor who played Nien Nunb, who was a fluent speaker (I don't remember which language, though.)

I do know a bunch more for the Prequel Trilogy...

8. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    The shoe was ROTJ - the potatoes in ESB weren't there as a joke, it was just the ILM guys saving time on making asteroids. The actual potato asteroids were the ones in the distance, you wouldn't be able to pick them.

9. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    I've been looking to spot this forever. Is there a screenshot?

And the ghost in the Falcon was confirmed to be a stage hand retreating from the set when filming started.

10. Darth_Nub

Apr 26, 2009
    Don't think so, it's just based on accounts from ILM guys. I imagine an actual screenshot would just be something in the distance that looks a bit like a sneaker (or just as much as a Star Destroyer) based on the shape - not a Hardware Wars-type gag. They did this sort of thing for their own amusement, not the audience's.

11. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    Which makes me doubt that this is true. If true, it's so far in the background it is not easily noticed. But in today's age with Blu-Rays and so many rewatchings of the films, somebody must have pointed it out.

So I'm going to call B.S. on this one, I've been hearing it since the VHS days and nobody can post a screen cap.

12. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I just realized that Jabba had various animal heads mounted on the palace walls, including a Tauntaun (from ESB) and a Jerba (from ANH). Creepy.

teamhansolo likes this.
  13. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    The wind chime Leia bumps into in ROTJ has Hutts for the wind sails (the dangly pieces that hang below the chimes).

14. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Boba Fett screams "what the-?!" before blasting off after his jetpack malfunction. I wonder who voices him here.

15. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I've never heard that before...I'm going to watch ROTJ tonight and find out.

16. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    I grew up watching the original trilogy when I was a little kid in the 1980s. Even in the 1990s when I was a teengager I would always watch the original triogy even the special editions for VHS.

I still dont see any stupid asteroids shaped like shoes or potatoes. I wish people would stop this nonsense. How in the hell do ou see potatoes or even a freakin asteroid shaped like a darn potatoe? Seriously

17. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Sort of makes you wonder if the production staff/model makers just said that sort of stuff to muck with people haha.....

Model Maker One "Hey man this ship doesn't doesnt look to great aye?"

Model maker Two "It'll be sweet man, we'll just say theres a shoe floating in thge background and they'll be so busy looking for that they won't even notice!"

....very cunning those ILM Model Makers

18. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    Not really an easter egg. But anyway:

I just recently noticed at the end of the scene in which Palpatine boards the Death Star II, you can see, right at the end in wide shot when Palpatine starts cackling, some imperial lackey (Jerjerrod perhaps?) is jabbering away with one of the high command in Palpatine's entourage. The gesticulation between the two would imply that they were knee deep in conversation thus giving the indication that they had been talking all the while The Emperor and Lord Vader were addressing important matters. [face_shame_on_you]

Antlers likes this.
  19. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    If it's the hangar scene after the Battle of Yavin you mean, he says "hey", not Carrie.

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Now that's freaky!

teamhansolo likes this.