main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Celebration VII - Anaheim CA Apr 16-19 2015

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by LAJ_FETT , May 4, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From the new TFN Main

ReedPop has the next several scheduled events listed on their website, which is completely normal and nothing out of the ordinary. What might interest Star Wars fans is that they have a Star Wars Celebration listed after the 2014 C2E2 event at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. This would mean a third trip back to Orlando and welcomed news for many of the 35,000+ attendees from Celebration V & VI. Could we get a formal announcement on May 4th? Perhaps during Celebration Europe II? The page hasn't been updated since November of 2012, so we are waiting on confirmation from LFL. Keep it locked right here for all the latest developments!

2. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Where do you see, that this next Celebration will also be in Orlando?
    I would love to go back a third, fourth and fifth time as I am quite addicted to the nearby Disney World, but I don't see any mention of location for CVII.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, given the new association of SW and Disney, it would be logical that they would stage a Celebration near a Disney facility so that's either Orlando or LA. Take your pick...

JM_1977 likes this.
  4. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I see your point on that one. I just thought there was actual confirmation of location, that I had missed on the site.
    But like I said, I would love to go back to Orlando and Disney World. Disneyland was fun too when I was there in connection with CIV, but Disney World is just more of everything, though I did find the parade better in Disneyland.

5. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    There have been rumours for years that Reed/Pop contractually has 3 Celebrations in Orlando...

6. LadyStarWars

LadyStarWars Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2013
    SWEET!!! , I really want the SW Celebration Con to be back in Orlando... I LOVE going to this con...

7. Jlowe235

Jlowe235 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    I am in no matter where it is. Hoping next year!

8. Jlowe235

Jlowe235 Jedi Padawan

Jun 11, 2013
    I would think it will be in 2014 since they will prob shoot for a May release for Ep. 7. Or they will do early 2015, as FL and CA have good weather in Jan-April

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    As one who has to spend a lot of money on flying to another continent I'm really hoping it will be in 2015. I have some non-SW holiday plans for next year.

Jlowe235 likes this.
  10. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Considering Celebrations 1-3 were just a month or two prior to the release of Episodes 1-3 respectively, there is a strong argument to be made for Celebration VII being in 2015.

11. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I was told by someone who went to WDW that they had filled out a questionairre concerning SW and Disney, and there was a strong indication that Disney would be handling the conventions soon, or at least, getting the main actors to WDW.
    Anyways, I am hoping for a March or April show in Orlando 2015, but I'm not against going back in Aug 2014 :p

12. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Star Wars Celebration VII will be held in Anaheim, California from April 16-19, 2015.

13. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Can't wait! gives me an excuse to head out to LA again.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yep - just saw the news on Rebelscum. I've updated the thread title accordingly.

15. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It'd be a dream come true if I attended this but I doubt. OMG, they sound/look some so much fun.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I went to the first CE here in London. Lots of fun but very crowded and on the Sunday the A/C in the venue wasn't working and it was really hot.

17. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    It's being held in the Anaheim Convention Center. Does anyone know the capacity of it? The only number I can find is for the arena/sports part, which can hold 7,500.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Looks like I'm making the trek cross country!

It also gives me an excuse to go back to Disneyland! :D

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I was there years ago - probably mid-late '90s. Place is huge. Anyway, here's the exhibit hall info from their website.

20. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I went to C3 in 2005 in Indy, that was a blast. One of my best friends I went to C3 with is going with me to C7. Almost ten years to the day from C3 I can't wait already.

jedinightwing likes this.
  21. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Can't wait! This is going to be fun...still...kinda wish they'd go for a more central local like St. Louis, Indianapolis (again) or even Chicago.

22. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I was there about a decade ago, the place is freaking HUGE and it is within walking distance of Disneyland.

23. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Did some more research into this. The hotel situation shouldn't be too big of a problem as there are 3 very big hotels (Hilton, Sheraton, and Marriott) within a block of the convention center and a few smaller ones (Courtyard Inn, Best Western, Doubletree, and Travelodge) just a little further out but still well within walking distance. Also, it may just be me, but the Anaheim Convention Center seems to be larger than I remember which means it should easily fit all of us in there. Below is a link to the area on Google Maps, just the map view but toggling the aerial view will be helpful too.

http://goo.gl/maps/xsnzf

Jlowe235 likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Hmmmm, a very definite maybe.

25. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I can't wait for this. The fact that the convention center is right across the street from Disneyland? That's even better! Considering that C7 is going to be in April I guess we know when Episode 7 is coming out. Wouldn't it be amazing if they had a Episode 7 Premier at C7?