main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Petition to Disney: Save The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Watto, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I already signed.

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I'm pretty sure no fan petition has ever resulted in a cancelled TV series being uncancelled.

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Futurama? Kim Possible? Those are two shows that I've known about when an online campaign/letter writing worked. Though I don't know if they used petitions.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll add Sailor Moon getting new episodes on Toonami to this list.

5. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    And Star Trek TOS.

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    And Star Trek The Animated Series (twice).

And Farscape, Family Guy, Arrested Development, many many others. I think we've been through this before in this very thread.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes, I think we've proven the point to the naysayers. #SaveTheCloneWars ! :)

8. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    We all know that the topic is going to come up again and again :p

*waits for more TCW news*

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm impressed David Tennant gets a nomination for Huyang :p I could post this on the Doctor Who forums as I'm sure people there might vote, at least for DT. Dunno about other members of TCW though since they only tuned in for the few episodes that DT voiced in.

Random Comments likes this.
  11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah, definitely cool to have the Doctor/Huyang in the mix there. I would think fans of the Doctor may dig some of the Clone Wars stuff so it wouldn't hurt to ask them to vote.

Random Comments and hlc88 like this.
  12. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Go through the Doctor Who forums. Also Tumblr. Trust me, Tumblr will make this their life mission to make David win.

Random Comments likes this.
  13. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh believe me I know! ;) I'm a Doctor Who/David Tennant fan so I know where to strike ;)

credar likes this.
  14. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Gooood. Gooooood.

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    On the heels of the release of this new clip -- http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/04/30/star-wars-the-clone-wars-animation/2122763/ -- I think its important to remember that if these new story arcs are sold exclusively to stores (rather than broadcast), we need to get the word out to make sure people buy them up. If they sell a ton of them, I'm sure that would get Disney's attention to finish more of the planned story arcs.

And great to see this new footage, quite a surprise, and it looks like some of the coolest stuff yet! =D=

Seerow and hlc88 like this.
  16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    The news today makes the cancellation not seem too bad especially as it looks like there are more then the rumoured 2 arcs then before. Also very promising in that article is that animation is still being worked on and that any arc that was slated for production before the cancellation will enter production and be finished. We could be getting a whole seasons worth, which based on S5 had 5 arcs. And we know of at least 5 different arcs too now. Certainly the whistleblower who said that the Bounty Hunter arc would not be finished despite being 95% completed, this article does point to it being finished based on the words that any arc slated for production will be finished and since that arc was already in production it should be finished.

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    So it seems like on the topic of getting more content in general, we have a very positive today...

However, on the topic of the tying of loose ends, it seems this arc is adding a loose end to tie up that we forgot about, but the other loose ends remain untied -- Rex, Maul, Talzin, Boba, etc. So I'm happy but not entirely satisfied if that makes sense...

Seerow likes this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow! The Plo Koon arc sounds cool. Some positive news at long last. It does sound like there are more than 2 arcs on the way.

V-2, hlc88, Watto and 1 other person like this.
  19. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I liked the clip, I guess I'll like the arc. It's got Wolffe. Did I mention that I happen to love Wolffe?

20. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I think you did when you said you have you Wolffe dose for the day :D

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    No, it makes it worse because we are witnessing the potential that TCW could have been before it was stolen from us by unthinking, uncaring corporate executives who have little concern for anything other than their profit margins.

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed. That clip was pretty awesome.

23. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Most of the blame is JJ Abrams. He watched several episodes and thought TCW was horrible. He wants to bring in a fresh revamp feel for Episode VII and feels that TCW would only tarnish the Star Wars name during the Episode VII hype. Star Wars is Abram's ship now and he's the captain. What he says goes.

24. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I knew he was the director of episode 7, but this is news to me. Can I see the source?

25. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Just google it. Abrams and his close buddy Simmon Pegg were always a PT bashers. .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.