main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What if Episode 7 opens in the middle of a huge intergalactic war ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWars2015, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    After the Crawl, what if we are suddenly in the middle of a huge intergalactic war, that makes the fleet battles in Episode 3 and 6 look like minor actions, along with great armies exterminating each over across various worlds thoughout the Republic ??

The first 30 minutes of the movie features the total defeat and subjuation of the Republic, the fall of Courastant, Many Worlds purged by war, Untold thousands killed, millions more refugees fleeing to the outer rim for safety on lesser populated worlds. and the only hope for the Galaxy is Luke Skywalker and his Jedi students on Yavin 4, but the Jedi are no longer defenders of peace and justice, just a small group that most think is still reponsible for the Clone Wars, and the rise of the Emperor and Darth Vader so they are not trusted by the general population or the Republic like they once were.

They could even have Leia, captured and held ransom to bring Luke out of hiding, and Luke would have to find Han who is leading a group of survivors, and attempt one last adventure to save Leia and defeat this evil before all is lost.............

Just some ideas............I think that whatever they do, the Big 3 must be central to the story, not a cameo and not a sideshow and if we must, they can transition to younger actors in the next 2 films...................

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think that whatever they do, the Big 3 must be central to the story, not a cameo and not a sideshow and if we must, they can transition to younger actors in the next 2 films...................

I like this idea, most.

HankSolo likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't. Was Obi-Wan the main character in ANH or was it Luke? Absolutely the big 3 should have a major role and impact in the story but it should center on the new cast. It's their time now. But to answer the OP's question I have no problem with the film starting in the middle of a big galactic war but I certainly hope the Republic doesn't fall in the first few minutes or in the whole trilogy for that matter. I'd like to see the Republic return and triumph not fall... again.

4. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm pulling for a Jedi version of the Bad News Bears. And Han is a crotchety old drunk with an eyepatch.

5. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    I think the Big Three need to have small/secondary roles, to allow the new characters a chance to shine right away. And also...why can't Han be the one captured and held for ransom? Leia has more experience than he does as a Rebel leader, anyway, if we go with the OP's scenario.

Having just finished the end of the New Jedi Order books finally, I really want to see the New Republic last more than 20 years...though I'm guessing we do need some kind of major conflict. It is called "Star Wars", after all. :)

Episode Swag and black_saber like this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    If we're actually in the middle of a huge intergalactic war when Episode 7 opens, which I doubt we'll be, I probably won't try to go to the movie theater. :p

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want the movie to start with the Empire getting wiped out by a new force. Start with a Star Destroyer on fire (not possible right?) then pan out to an Imperial Shipyard or the new throne world getting ruined. Have an envoy sent to the Republic but is rebuffed.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

TreborSabreon and eht13 like this.
  9. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    mmm what if =P~

10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    This is exactly how I want the movie to start out.

Marc McAllister likes this.
  11. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    [face_laugh]

12. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I'd rather see Leia as a powerful Jedi who is above getting captured like that. She was already captured in each of the first three movies.

13. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I hope it doesn't. A female should not be ransomed to incite the plot or male protagonist, we should be past that now. Episode seven would do wise to acknowledge the years of peace, or at least calm, before the threat reveals itself. We don't need some intergalactic war to make the film interesting.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I will, last chance to see it before humanity gets enslaved... :p

eht13 likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I could see the atypical Star Destroyer starting off the film, firing on another Star Destroyer.

As an Imperial Civil War seems the most likely plot-point at this moment in time.

16. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012

Well, Leia does not have to be captured to make it interesting and it is true that she spent a good part of the OT in Captivity, she could very well lead the survivors of the Republic, and could be a full Jedi Knight already trained by Luke in Episode 7, however I think it would do the entire New Trilogy well to interduce a foe that would require both the Republic and the remants of the Empire and the Manalorians, the Jedi and everyone else to have to team up and work together to defeat. I am pulling for some verison of the Yuzong Vong to invade and be immune to the Force until Luke Skywalker figures out their weakness and Defeats them in the End of Episode 8, setting up a classic Jedi Vs Sith Final Confrontation in Episode 9.

17. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    I agree, or a the zombie apocalypse.

eht13 likes this.
  18. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Wot. Not a great deal more than any of the other characters.

I hate to put my feminist hat on here, but come ON. As if Leia is going to be captured.

agentkrycek and Marc McAllister like this.
  19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I think that the film should start in a time of wavering peace with a looming threat that could put the galaxy in a state of war. The years of peace after ROTJ should be acknowledged and the antagonist(s) must be different from the Sith. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind the conflict being an intergalactic one; I think that the GFFA discovering means to reach other galaxies different from its own would display technological progress as opposed to technological stagnation(which is boring) and open up more possibilities for the Star Wars universe as a whole.

20. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    I like this. I think they got a bit addicted to 'galactic strife' in the EU - it seemed like there never was a proper period of harmony in the New Republic.

Master Blaster likes this.
  21. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I have the opening of E VII:

Int. Tatooine - Toschi Station Laundry - Day

CLOSE ON glass window of washing machine. The sloshing sudsy water comes grinding to a halt. HANDS reach into frame, open washing machine and pull out a dripping wet JEDI ROBE.

PULL BACK to reveal LUKE SKYWALKER.

LUKE
    I'm never gonna get that stain out. . .

YODA (Offscreen)
    . . . So certain are you?

Luke whirls around.

LUKE
    It's bantha poodoo. I had a slip 'n' fall.

YODA
    This, I knew not. Uncertain this matter is. One more cycle, wash it you must.

LUKE
    (Sighs)
    I've seen more of you more since you "died" than when you were alive. Don't you have anything better to do? I heard Qui Gon Jinn's getting a big dead Jedi sabac game together.

YODA
    Gamble, I do not. Tired of the others I am. Obi Wan: Nag nag nag. Anakin: Whine whine whine.

LUKE
    Well, there's not much to do around here since the Empire was defeated.

YODA
    Yes, peaceful the galaxy is. Occupy himself a Jedi must.

LUKE
    Nuts to this, I'm gonna go start a war!

22. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I don't think the movie should star with all out war. That was done in Episode 3. However, small battle scene remeniscent of the begining of ANH would be very refreshing. But turn things around, Let the Rebel Alliance be persuing a smaller pirate ship for its valuable cargo or from some wanted Emperial personnel. This would be interesting.

[face_dunno]

Marc McAllister and DarthKreVass like this.
  23. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    No, Leia would never get captured! Not ever! Not even in the first 10 mintues of a film, or by a large bloaded sweaty criminal slug. Nah, she would never get captured.

8-}

24. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I actually thought the OP was asking what happens if there's a huge war happening on OPENING WEEKEND.....just like you... not a battle in the opening scene of the movie

eht13 likes this.
  25. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    She was never more captured than any of the other characters. A few hours on the Death Star when the others weren't, then she and Han were captured together on Bespin when Luke wasn't, Han was in captivity for a bloody year. But just because it was offscreen doesn't mean he wasn't. Then all three of them are captured on the Sail Barge, and again by the Ewoks for a little while except Leia, Luke is sort of captured on the Death Star II while Han and Leia are 'captured' down on Endor. If you add it all up it balances out pretty well.

agentkrycek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.