main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How should the Big 3 be first presented on screen?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by QsAssistant, May 1, 2013.

1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Have them beam in wearing Star Trek uniforms

2. Darth slaughter

Darth slaughter Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 22, 2013
    BIG! They should have a BIG role in episode 7 Maybe not so much in 8 and then 9... But definitely episode 7. There will be many more SW movies to come where the big 3 aren't even mentioned so I think episode 7 should mainly be about them and their family getting equal on screen time. We've waited far too many years to have them back

Episode Swag and Echo-07 like this.
  3. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I'm not sure how to introduce them... I sort of want big and dramatic but nothing too cheesy, and I have hiding people in shadows for them to just appear out of. It's been done too much. If anything, it'll be their back to the camera and turning around with a punchy piece of dialogue that really seals the deal.

They are going to be a huge draw for the ST to get old and new fans back to basics with a real 'Star Wars' continuation, so we're going to have footage from them in marketing reels so that will be the big reveal rather than the film itself.

As said before, the 'Indiana Jones and the KOTC' teaser was one of the best spine-tingling reveals for a much loved character ever!

Episode Swag likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I agree that the reveal of Indy in KotCS was great. So was the introduction of Spock Prime in ST'09. Real geek-moments.
    I'd like for it to be something like that. Not TOO overstated but still a bit of an "event" in the film.

5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Firstly, I think it should be said that I don't want the Big 3 to be just 3 second cameos NOR do I think that will happen as some people have suggested. I think they'll be in 7 for the most part and then be written out in that I would expect Han and Leia to die at some point IN 7. I could see Luke living to midway through 8.

Secondly, intros. I see all 3 as being separated throughout the galaxy:

1- Han, General or Admiral (don't like Admiral though as to Bereaucratic), is stationed in some remote system putting out "brushfires" of Imperial remnants.
    2- Leia is on Coruscant adressing the new galactic senate as Senator or perhaps leading the senate as Chancellor
    3- Luke is leading and teaching new padawans trying to build the NJO -- the padawans are his niece and nephew and daughter

My guess would be that Luke and padawans appear first, introducing the new characters with an exciting action sequence that carries us into the overall conflict of the Episode and thus series.

6. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I would introduce Luke with the Ben Kenobi hood moment as mentioned before. I would introduce Leia hard at work in a situation similar to the Hoth war room in ESB so it seems like she has never left that life. I would have Han Solo mentioned as some kind of wealthy and dangerous outlaw, almost the new Jabba the Hutt but with a hint that there might be a Robin Hood vibe. Random new character -"Sorry princess but if I don't pay off Han Solo I'm a dead man". Princess rolls her eyes. Introduce Han without Chewbacca and without the Millenium Falcon. He should have a fancy looking ship like Amidala's cruiser. I might even have someone mention the Falcon to have Han explicitly state that he doesn't fly around in that death trap anymore. I would save the biggest reveal for some moment of peril when everyone needs rescuing and Han activates a signal and Chewbacca shows up in the Falcon. As Han and Chewie pilot the Falcon past some obstacle, Han makes a comment about some recent work they did on her, making it clear that he's been piloting and working on the Falcon all this time and the fancy cruiser was an affectation.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Have them all fall from the sky.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Actually, I really don't want them appearing in the same place at the same time. Where they eventually meet and when that happens, I have no idea, but I want to see a reunion of sorts.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  9. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    In all honesty, I can't think of a single way to introduce them (realistically) that won't have the entire audience cheering so loud it disturbs the movie. It'll just be great to see them back!

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How 'bout if they're all pooped out of an elephant?

11. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    They're (the "Big 3 and Lando with Chewie) are having a meeting around a table when the new villain storms in and massacres them to echo the scene in RotS when Vaderkin kills the separatist leaders. We all know it's gotta "rhyme". :p

12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    That's a hard thing to call, but I don't think they should be introduced in the first few minutes. If it follows the pattern of Star Wars' first movies in a trilogy, we're going to get thrown cold-turkey into a whole new environment where we have no idea what's going on. 10 minutes in someone turns on a lightsaber or a familiar name is mentioned, a'la TPM, so we have something (very small) to grab onto. No 'old' characters should show up until about a half hour in.

OR, we could go old-school and have it start with someone being chased by the new bad guys...the droids pop up....then we meet a new character or two....and THEN some familiar faces show up.

George Lucas put his trilogy structure like this: In the first one, you meet everyone. In the second one, you get into the worst possible situation you could get into, and in the third one, you get out of it. Of course that model was messed with in ROTS (where everything goes to Mustafar), but....you get the idea.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The new characters will be seen first with the droids, then Han, Leia, Lando and Chewie in no particular order and then Luke at the end right before the epic conclusion in Episode 7.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  14. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Have them dressed like the cast of "Felicity."

[​IMG]

15. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Han: Something like Indy 4

Luke: Hood Flip ala Obi-Wan

Leia: Two Senators stand by waiting for the arrival of a shuttle:

Senaotr #1: "The Jedi will have a place in the New Republic, The Chancellor will see to it."
    Senator #2: "The Chancellor is biased."
    Senator #1: "The Chancellor has been a champion for justice since before the rebellion."
    Senator #2: "And should know better."

Shuttle lands. Door opens. Out walks Chancellor Leia!!!!

Episode Swag likes this.
  16. Artoo Detoo

Artoo Detoo Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2013
    Honestly, I'd just have all three of them appear on screen, at the same time. That would elicit the strongest emotional response.

Probably having them exiting a ship (slow-motion would be even more legendary), heading toward a major battle or something like that. Having all of them in one frame at the same time would be epic, imagine the audiences in the movie theaters!

17. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Han enters with an eyepatch, a hangover, and in a pile of bantha poop.

Han Yolo likes this.
  18. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I've waited along time for the big three to be reunited on screen and if Episode VII is nothing but a big glorified fanservice then I say start rolling that film!!
    Disney have got a lot more films instore to develop the story line of the Skywalker/Solo clan and I'm all for them doing that....just not in VII, I want to see Luke kicking ass, Chewie growling, Han and Leia arguing, and the Droids being the Droids.

I'm hoping VII will be a Star Wars movie, not a Disney movie trying to pass itself off as one.

19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    This whole "old cast vs new" makes me kinda feel bad for the new cast cause it is legit one of the worst and best jobs ever. Worst cause there is a really good chance some fans here will ignore you and just keep pretending its going to be a OT3 reunion, or hate you for stealing OT3 screentime/having all the big action scenes or just not like you cause you're the main character. Best cause its freaking star wars, you will legit be everywhere and every kid will know your character name sooner or later, and...did I mention its star wars! You're going to get obsessed over and you will never be able to escape your star wars role. I feel bad for the new cast. Really bad, even more so than the old cast *which I do feel bad for but not as much since they got it easy TBH*

20. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Ewan McGregor played a huge part in the PT and he has in no way been type cast or been unable to escape the role of Obi-Wan in fact I can't think of one single character in the PT that its happened to...except for the ones who are playing off the fact they were in a SWs film.
    The new cast will be in the same boat as the cast of the new Star Trek films and they're just actors playing a role...it's so different now then to how it was in '77 so I don't think there's any reason at all in feeling sorry for them.

21. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Well having the entire film rely on if you do well or not is kind of a big burden to deal with. I'm just saying that it is no easy job especially when you dont want to be overshadowed. A lot is riding on ya *hehe*. I just feel bad for the **** that is going to happen to the entire cast. My opinion.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  22. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Hey it's not like SW's fans are going to blur the line between fantasy and reality and take their anger out on the cast just because the film didn't live up to their unrealistic expectations.....oh wait, that's exactly what's going to happen hahahaha

Unfortunately I think there are fans out there how have already gotten it in their minds that VII's plot will be bad and the cast will be terrible...I on the other hand think the plot will be fantastic and the film will be cast perfectly, otherwise what's the point in even discussing it.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    It sad. I feel confident in the movie *JJ Abrams is a MAJOR part of that and THANK GOD he isn't with Lindelof so we might actually get a good story this time ;)* He's one of the main reasons I feel confident in the new and old cast *kinda..I'm skeptical about them but whatever*. The dude knows how to cast people. You're right though can't please everybody but at least its looking good.

NOW back onto the topic of the presentation of the OT cast: I hope they dont go too overly dramatic to the point that its goofy.

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think something along the lines of what they did for Indy 4 would work the best. Even then, no matter how they introduce them, it will be HUGE. The audience will go completely insane.

25. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I have the scene playing on loop in my head now.