main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Umm tied up sounds wonderful... maybe to my bed:D

serendipityaey and ruth baulding like this.
  2. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Happy weekend everyone!! Have a long week coming up so will try to enjoy this weekend as much as possible.

Hubby and I got tickets tonight for a matinee showing of Iron Man 3 tomorrow afternoon...we surprised our son with them this evening...it's about all he's talked about for the last week.

Ok, looking for some good Obi reading this weekend...any updates expected? :)

Has anyone heard from Val?

3. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Good Saturday morning...May the Forth be with you..:D

I see not much going on here (again)...I guess weekends when I have the most chance on here everyone else is busy.

4. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Happy May the Fourth, all!
    Updates expected regularly from this quarter... I've got a wrenched back and have been advised to stay on my butt all weekend.... /trying/ to obey the healers' directives.

obimom likes this.
  5. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Ah..nice chance to do a bunch of posting. Still patiently(?) O:)[face_batting][face_hypnotized] waiting for the first installment of the next Lineage book...:D

I know the Fourth of May is spelled with the u, but I wasn't sure how "May the Fourth be with you" should be spelled, with or without the u - I thought I saw it without the u, but that may have just been someone's bad spelling. :)

6. Angelnumber25

Angelnumber25 Jedi Knight star 1

May 31, 2009
    May the Fourth Be With You! I'm seeing Return of the Jedi tonight at the theater it had it's premiere in. It's so much fun to see Star Wars films with other fans. :)

7. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Um... fourth.
    Forth? Forthe? Forff?
    Orthography is for droids.
    No - it's fourth. Because I said so, Padawan.
    No Lineage until summer vacation. I'm saving it for the good times, when I have plenty of leisure ot pursue unmitigated angst.
    It actually is set a full year after Lineage 8, so Obi-Wan and Dooku have plenty of time to bond. (choke)

8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    A full year???????? Poor Obi-Wan....oh my. A changed Obi-Wan too???

This can't be good.

Ruth, you are cruel.

Did you answer the review on one of your recent light hearted stories to the person who thinks there is no more Lineage?

YOu did assure them of the forthcoming summer release, right? ;)

9. Lilywan

Lilywan Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2013
    Hello there :) I'm very new around here, I saw a light on then I came :)
    Oh and I'm an Obi-Wan fan of course ;)

serendipityaey likes this.
  10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Welcome, young Obi-fan. !!

11. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Hi folks...Like Lilywan, I'm also new to the JCF--and definitely love Ewan's Obi-Wan! Can I join you fellow Obi lovers, pretty please?![face_praying] I'd be more than happy to provide everyone with a resume documenting my many years of experience with Obi-drooling :)

12. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah, that would be the glorious radiance of Obi-Wan that you followed to reach this hallowed place - the very centre of Obi adoration :D

Always nice to meet other Obi-Fans :)

13. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Oooh, and here's another one already. The new arrivals are coming thick and fast today!

Hello there :)

14. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    ...as thick as Obi's lustrous hair and as fast as the action of his mighty lightsaber (do you think I fit in here?:))

obimom likes this.
  15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Definitely! You sound like one of us!! :p

It's a little slow in here right now, but welcome!! Peruse some of the past pages and you will find some yummy Obi pics, including our young padawan Serendipityaey adobe fixed for us off of an early pic of Ewan I found on teh internet (figure he looks about 15 or so). It's adorable.

16. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Yes--very cute! And obimom, I loved the pic of Obi "peering in" at this thread to see where everyone had gone:)

You guys are good at taking photos and then adding/changing elements (love the young Ewan together with Qui-Gon!) I'm clueless when it comes to stuff like that--I can only copy and paste existing pics!.

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks, Serendipityaey is the genius when it comes to the pics. With the exception of one or two others, the rest of us are pretty clueless also.

She is also working on a pic of Obi-Wan and Siri. Haven't heard from her lately either though.

serendipityaey - are you out there anywhere? :)

18. Lilywan

Lilywan Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2013

It's nice to find such a thread :) thanks for advicing me to come here in the first place :)

It must be it :D

It's nice to feel welcome here and not being alone anymore in my Obi-doration :3 and I'm glad to meet other Obi-fans as well :)

Wow, it seems there are really talented people around here, it's amazing! :)

Pensive Padme likes this.
  19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    yes, truly there is. In addition to the awesome pics, Serendipityaey writes wonderful Obi fics in a more romantic tone..giving him rest from all the angst, loss and torture he goes through both in canon and in FF.

Valairy Scot, although a bit absent right now, but who is the one who started this forum, has written some fantastic Obi-Wan fics spanning several genres, and Ruth Baulding is an absolute genius at Qui-Gon / Obi-Wan stories...her stories are jaw droppingly good (is that a term?).

I write Obi/Siri stories mainly, but I can't hope to match the awesomeness of Val and Ruth's talents, and several others on here write wonderful and well thought out Obi stories as well, often giving new, creative spins on familiar topics, or finding new avenues of Obi fics to explore. Then we have artists like earlybird-obi-wan, who writes her Obi fics and illustrates them... Such awesome talent here..you're in a good place...enjoy and share your stories and art if you have any as well. :D

20. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Ha!!! In honor of another Monday. looming on the horizon....

21. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Taking a short break from a big work project I'm in the middle of...thought I'd post one of my favorite Obi moments from ROTS:

[​IMG]

Actually, this pic is too blurry to do it justice but was the only one I could find. I thought I remembered a closer-up shot right before this moment in which his lightsaber isn't on yet (thus blocking part of his face), but couldn't find it.

Hope anyone on this thread today is having a good day...catch you all later!

Eryndil likes this.
  22. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah, my fave SW scene! A few weeks ago, I posted my top ten Obi moments and that very photo illustrated my No. 1 moment. He is just soooooooo cool ;)

23. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Ah yes, Eryndil...great minds must think alike! :) I'll go back and take a look at more earlier pages when I have a chance as I'd love to see what everyone's fave moments/scenes are. Some of the many things I love about the above moment: how his hair falls down over his forehead (a small but important detail for the Obi-obsessed!) and also how he seems totally "in the zone" as he begins the confrontation with Grievous.

Btw, I really like your Avatar pic--where/how did you find that (or did you make it yourself somehow)?

24. Lilywan

Lilywan Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2013
    obimom : oh Obi-stories, it sounds great :D I should go and check it out... Are there on the fanfictions part of the forum?
    I write myself but I've never writen a story centred on Obi-Wan... i'd like to, just have to find an idea :)

Pensive Padme : ah yes, this scene is so cool! Obi-Wan is so perfect in his coolness... Is that a word btw? :eek:
    Good luck with work :)

The day is over here (it's 8:50pm) and it's nice to go home from a long day of exam and hang around here ;)

25. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    I made the avi on Photoshop, combining a photo of a Jedi teddy bear (I got one for Christmas and it's adorable) and Kamino Obi.

I love so many things about the fight with Grievous and you are right about the hair being an essential detail! Talking about Obi's hair puts me in mind of this one from Geonosis:

[​IMG]