main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I quite liked the movie, which honestly surprised me! I had written off the Iron Man movies with number 2, but this one really did a lot of good. Establishing that Tony's essentially a gadget character was probably the best decision they made.

I'm not sure how I feel about the portrayal of Extremis, though, and I'm a little disappointed Tony doesn't pull the whole nanotech thing like he does in the comics, but overall they did a great job. I feel like staying truer to Extremis from the comics could've worked just as well as what they did, thematically. Ben Kingsley is clearly having a hefty helping of ham and cheese, and it works. Harley, who I thought I'd dislike, wound up being the best kid sidekick since Short Round, and that's saying something.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    "Best kid sidekick since Short Round" strikes me as another of those possibly backhanded compliments. It's like everyone's approval of the film is passive aggressive!

Plus now I'm going to be disappointed if I walk into the film and never once hear "YOU CHEAT MISTAH STARK!" delivered in an "accent" that can only be described as cartoonish. :p

3. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    Ramza, saw this and thought it might be interesting to you.

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    One movie I would recommend to just about anyone is Mud. If you can find a theater that's playing it, do yourself a favor and go see it. It's fantastic.

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Certainly a solid pick for #1, if I do say so myself.

[face_love]

I'm also tremendously fond of their picks for #2, #3, and #8, though I'm outrageously biased in favor of Russel's paradox being higher than they put it. Also, I shouldn't have read the comments. Just... ugh.

6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

The back and forth - DAT BANTER! - that's what IM3 nails. It's a very fun movie, mostly because it doesn't try to be the first or second.

Rampani likes this.
  7. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
  8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  9. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Relax, Ramza. All Darth Vader's lines will be available as Day One DLC for the affordable sum of $10. After all, that's why here at EA we priced the game at $30: so it is affordable for our fans.

10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    EA has money to make successful bids for the licenses - this is surprising how?

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It's not surprising, it's just that EA getting the license to anything is a cause for annoyance. That it's something I like just makes it worse.

12. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006

Welp, was feeling optimistic about the new Star Wars movies in the hands of Disney. Star Wars games in the hands of EA? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep......kind of the opposite feeling :oops:

13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    What about DICE developing a Star Wars game using the Frostbite 3 engine doesn't sound awesome?

I'm stoked.

Skywalker_T-65 likes this.
  14. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    So anyway, there's a Mod of Steel over in the RPF Amateur Theatre thread. Check it out. And take the music from Trailer #3 with you.

Penguinator likes this.
  15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
  16. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    So the first trailer for Ender's Game has been released. And, to be honest, it worries me.

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I'm not sure if I'll see it. On the one hand, it's a great sci-fi book; on the other, I think the author has shown himself (repeatedly) to be a massively bigoted individual that does not support equality for all human beings.

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I won't see it, because Orson Scott Card is a ******* ****stain ****head and I have absolutely no attachment to his books.

19. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Visceral is making a Star Wars game? I expect long, dark corridors and no running then . . .

Sarge221 likes this.
  20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So tomorrow I have to get up at six to go proctor a final exam, and, I must say, judging by how my body is responding to getting up at 9:30, it's going to end poorly. [face_tired]

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Don't worry about it, Ramza. You'll be fine :)

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, it could certainly be worse - I could be taking an exam then. :p

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    :p Well, I have a course in London tomorrow which is going to be most tiresome. Penultimate course before qualification as a solicitor in September... seven years to get here, but it'll be worth it, I hope!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm assuming a solicitor is something very different in England than it is here in the States. :p

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Hell yes it's different.

No soliciting from me.

Well, I make an exception for you (and Sey, I suppose), but no otherwise ;) We don't actually have lawyers, we have solicitors and barristers as our title (and not barista's, before you make that pun :p)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.