main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lots of SW games on sale on STEAM (til May 6)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Son of a Bith, May 3, 2013.

1. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Just want to share with everyone - hope this doesn't qualify as advertising, as I profit in no way personally.

Anyway, lots of great SW games on sale via STEAM. Check it out!!!

TrandoJedi and heels1785 like this.
  2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Awesome! I'll check it out. I'm hoping the PS Store and Xbox puts some Star Wars content on sale as well. I've been itching to try out Dark Forces on PS1 again.

EDIT: OHMYGAWD those prices! I was getting the entire Dark Forces series this month as sorta "Star Wars" month celebration. But I think I'm going to get them in digital form now and get the physical copies later!

Son of a Bith likes this.
  3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Wowzers! Some of those games alone are worth £35 so that for all of them is a steal! If anyone was looking for KotOR 1 and 2 then now is the time to get them! Also, Republic Commando, as I love it.

heels1785 and Son of a Bith like this.
  4. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Yeah, I bought Dark Forces, DF II: Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and Republic Commando for like $14 altogether.

KOTOR, KOTOR II, Battlefront I & II, TFU I & II, CW: Republic Heroes, & Star Wars Starfighter are all on sale as well. The most expensive one is TFU II for $6.79, everything else is $3.39 and under!

I think there's also a bundle pack or two on there.

I saw the prices and by big Bith head exploded! I hope anyone who's thinking about buying these games sees this. The sounds of lightsabers and blaster fire will be heard from my office for months to come!

5. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Bought Jedi Academy and Republic Comando, as i have played or own most the rest :)

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Fantastic. KOTOR 1 and 2, here I come. I just hope you work on Windows 8..

7. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    They do. :)

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Perfectly, too. That's awesome, Steam only listed them as XP and Vista compatible. Thanks again for the heads up.

Looks like Battlefront II has a solid multiplayer capacity again now that it's on Steam. Excellent.

9. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Might get Starfighter. I have a copy of the original game on PS2 but it was from a thrift shop so it was so badly scratched I haven't been able to play it. It looks like it is cheaper to get it new on Steam than it is to do a disc repair at my local game shop.

10. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I got Dark Forces, DFII, and MOTS in addition to KOTORII as I've never played it. I might get more! But the rest I own a disc of, although my KOTOR disc is scratched to the point it no longer works. Kinda wish the X-Wing series was on there now. But these are great prices!

11. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Yeah, if I had seen the X-wing series on there I would have jumped. As it was I dropped a few bucks on getting Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Mysteries of the Sith, and a backup copy of KoTOR II in case anything ever happens to my CDs.

12. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Yeah I really wish they'd put X-Wing and TIE Fighter on there!

I wish they'd bring back space combat sims in general.

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Play Dark Forces on the new XL Engine. It's fantastic, widescreen, mouse look, dynamic lighting... Google it...

14. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I'll do it, once i play through the classic version again...even though I've probably done it too many times hehe!

I've been having some graphical issues on Dark Forces II, time to use Google for halp.

15. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    If I used Steam, this might be great, but I don't consider Steam owning games.

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It's the same game, using the original data files, just an updated graphics engine to run it on.

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    They're so cheap, does it matter?

18. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Bought the entire Star Wars Franchise pack on Friday for 33.99, absolutely dirt cheap! If anyone is looking for multiplayer games, I'm all in!

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Hop on BF2, it's incredibly active this weekend. I've got to grab a wired 360 controller, apparently the Steam version works excellent with one (should help in space with the joystick).

20. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I already have BF2 on disc, but haven't played it too much do to my lack of awesome with a mouse and keyboard. I've been meaning to get a wired 360 controller myself!

21. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    Okay...okay...I'll do it! :p

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Good deals, none of my older SW games I have disc copies of will run anymore on PC so Steam is a saviour for me.

I already have most of the SW games on Steam, but might try to get some of the others.

23. ARAJediMaster

ARAJediMaster Jedi Knight

May 11, 2013
    My sentiments as well. I have never played them before, but I am greatly intrigued by them indeed.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just a heads up- Steam sale is on. Tons of games on sale, including KOTOR 1/2, Arkham Asylum, Skyrim EE, Defiance, Left 4 Dead II, and dozens more.