main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Force Ghost Anakin (Hayden Christensen)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, May 1, 2013.

1. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I didn't get into any of the EU novels as a kid. I just didn't know where to start. I looked in the Star Wars section in the library once and it was just so full I backed away terrified :p

fishtailsam and Son of a Bith like this.
  2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That book pretty much made me cry too, but probably for a different reason... :p

3. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I wouldn't be too fond of Anakin as a ghost in any form, but if it's Hayden Christiensen, keep it away!

4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    It would have to be fairly brief, and really done well.

The other thing is, everyone would know it was going to happen long before; I don't see it being well hidden that Hayden was coming back for the movie, and we would all know what it was going to be when we heard he was coming back.

Honestly, I would like to see Natalie and/or Hayden make some kind of appearance just because I like them as actors, but not for a "token" type of appearance, it would have to work in the story.

I am fairly confident that if they DO come back, the people working on this movie will do it for the right reasons, and will not make a frivolous, cheap ploy in bringing them back.

Krueger likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Add another action figure to the checklist: [​IMG]

6. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    The fewer parallels that the ST draws to the PT the better.

I hope JJ's frequent associate Lindelof (a notorious PT hater) has a great sway over this film.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Lindelof having anything at all to do with the film would be a disaster.

8. Luke Heffernan

Luke Heffernan Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2013
    It could without a doubt happen. Although I hope it won't happen until Episode 8 or 9.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Doubtful, he's knee deep in "Tomorrowland" right now. But if Bad Robot productions firmly hitches it's wagon to Lucasfilm beyond Ep. 7, it's possible writers who could be working on Star Wars are Bad Robot alums: Lindeolf, Roberto Orci & Alex Kurztman, Josh Appelbaum & Andre Nemc. (all worked Bad Robot's Star Trek / Mission Impossible flicks)

10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I actually would love to see a ghost Anakin. Mainly because I believe it would be such a strong continuity point, to easily tie both-well, really ALL THREE trilogies together! I would imagine it would only work in a cameo capacity-Anakin only having a couple scenes throughout the ST, or perhaps even JUST in Ep. VII. But I would love Hayden Christensen reprising his role as Anakin. All quips about dialogue and crap aside, I think he played Anakin's part of "jealous, hot tempered teen/young adult with an unstable, obsessive personality" quite well-especially in ROTS. He could appear in Ep. VII, conversing with Luke (-or perhaps even Leia!), maybe helping him/her make choices to help strengthen/rebuild the Jedi Order...

What I would really like to see is Anakin coming to Luke only once. At one pivotal point, a time of struggle for Luke, who has reached an impass in...whatever endeavor he's pursuing, And Anakin helps lead him along the right path. Then that's it. No more. I think that would work perfectly, enhance the storyline, add a little Skywalker unity to the mix, and put in an element of continuity to help tie the trilogies together...

11. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i'm confident there's enough talent working on this film that a force ghost appearance would be among hayden's finer performances in the saga, although that isn't saying a ton.

12. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    If he is used he needs to step up his game and mature as an actor. We cannot have a kid representing Anakin anymore.

13. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I can easily enough imagine Hayden acting as the mature, wise spirit of the Chosen One that he must.

14. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    He could pull it off. He isn't a bad actor. Sam Jackson didn't exactly give his best performance ever in the PT, yet people don't complain about him as much.

15. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    That's because he's Sam Jackson. He's practically the same character in every single film he's in. There's no backlash or controversy because people knew what to expect

16. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Haydenkin ruined the end of Jedi (the edited end when he replaced the real ghost) Sorry, but force ghost Anakin is the late Sebastian Shaw, NOT the prequel Anakin. That's why I show my nephew the REAL Return of the Jedi (bonus disc on the special limited release - the 1983 theatrical edition) and not the butchered one. And why would he have to show up anyway? 60+ year old Luke getting advice from a ghost of his father who's played by an actor 30 years younger than him? Uh, no way...... Luke should be wise enough to not have to seek the advice of his dead father. As for Obi-Wan....I'd go for a Force Ghost played by Ewan McGregor (but they'd have to use movie magic to make him look more like the late Alec Guiness)

17. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Ok, sorry for going slightly off topic here, but it anyone else kind of bugged that Christensen's last name is misspelled in the title?

DarthBreezy and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  18. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Hayden and Chris Christie adopted a child, and that child is a Force-ghost.

19. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    [​IMG]

"Fer cryin' out loud Skywalker, quit buggin' me. I don't know where your old man is, or that Obi Wan guy either. An' even if I did, there isn't that much more either he or I could tell ya. There's only so many things that happen here in the afterlife. The future isn't always in motion, anymore, if ya get my drift."

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    It might be interesting to see a different interpretation of "more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

21. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Why is everyone obsessed with force ghosts around here?

---

because Paranormal Activity is still a hit in the horror world and people love a good ghost, even in a sci-fi film, so it would seem..

other words: totally agree with you

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I just fixed it. Hope you can sleep better tonight. :p

Seagoat likes this.
  23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Wow. Are you sure about that? Careful what you wish for.

eht13 likes this.
  24. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I love you ^_^

eht13 likes this.
  25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007