main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Anybody see this in the comments section?

[​IMG]

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    ^ That's cool. Where's it from?

4. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Follow the link Darth Claire provided and look in the comments section.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah, thanks. It's really nice. Although maybe I'm being a bit nitpicky but I don't really like it saying Disney's Star Wars. :p

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So that poster isn't official?:(

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is that fan made?

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I doubt it's real. It wouldn't say "Disney's Star Wars", I'm sure.
    Also, that poster actually states that episode VII, VIII & IX are all going to be in theatres in 2015 :p

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    We would know if it was real. ALL of the major websites would be reporting it as well as Star wars.com. No way would they allow the first *even teaser* poster just slip into a comment section unnoticed. Come on guys, obvious fake is obvious.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I just found it in the comments section. I'm sure it's fake.

11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Mark Hamill has had one creative meeting about EP7 ...that's basically confirming his return .....

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Unless, he didn't like the direction they were promoting and so he didn't attend the second meeting that was planned for the following day...

13. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Many thanks to those responsible for providing links to Hamill's talk for the ROTJ event. Really wish I could have been there live to see it all.

How many more clues or hints do we need? In some ways I'm feeling like we're setting up for a major disappointment but at the same time, it almost seems like given that Ford, Hamill, and Fisher will return. I dunno, we shall see.

Class act he is, though.

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You know, that has been on the back of my mind as well. Everything seems to be falling into place and it sounds like a done deal, but there's always that shadow of doubt looming over everything. What if this is all fan hype just like the announcement that absolutely had to happen yesterday was? I'm not saying I believe that, as I am in the camp that is 99.9% sure that the Big Three are back, but still. You never know.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There will be Whills in Episode 1... just you wait and see!!!

HanSolo29 likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It Whill happen....just you wait and see.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm here all week.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    it is bound to happen. There is ni denying that.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

20. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm struggling with the exact same thing ..

I got to leave for a while, I seriously cant take this no more. The thought of not knowing for sure if The Big Three is in it is killing me. I cant get up in the morning, I practically sleep most of the day and feel like I have a fever .. I'll be back in a month or so, might pop in if something interesting is announced .. Take care guys.

21. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I firmly believe that Ford, Fisher and Hamill will be back, but I just think Disney is keeping them mum as they probably want to make some grand announcement to unveil the new Trilogy. It's funny I was watching a delted scene from ESB this weekend from the BluRays and they were shooting the dagobah scenes as late as July 1979, so there is plenty of time to film the movies and have them ready for 2015. I believe Disney will unveil the Big 3 probably next year so the headline will read, "Han, Luke and Leia will be back in a galaxy far far away NEXT summer." That will be their way of kicking off the 2015 Summer Movie season.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    My firm belief is that all three are already under contract and maybe they're delaying an announcement until they're a little further along in casting the other roles so when they finally do make an announcement it's not just the Big 3. That way they have something to truly surprise us with.

23. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I don't quite understand the fans who want Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie flying about in the Falcon in episode VII. Why would they be right back where they were 30 years ago? At most, they might end up in the Falcon as a bit of fanservice moment, but I just can't imagine why we'd kick off the movie with all the characters in the same place we left them.

24. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I agree. As much as I want them in the ST, I just want them to play secondary roles to their children. Leia can be a Senator, Luke can run the new Jedi Academy, and Han can be a General, more in a leadership role then fighting in actual combat. However many kids Luke/Wife and Han/Leia had, they should be the focus of this trilogy, so you can essentially have 3 generations of Skywalkers as the larger story from Episode I-IX.

Darth_Harmon likes this.
  25. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    The way I see it:

Prequel trilogy heroes: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, C-3PO, R2-D2
    Prequel trilogy secondary heroes: Qui-Gon, Yoda, Mace, Jar Jar, Palpatine

Original Trilogy heroes: Anakin*, Obi-Wan**, Padme***, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2
    Original trilogy secondary heroes: Qui-Gon****, Mace****, Jar Jar*****, Palpatine*, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Lando

Sequel Trilogy heroes: New male/female leads, C-3PO, R2-D2
    Sequel Trilogy secondary heroes: Yoda, Obi-Wan, Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, Chewbacca

*Turned villain
    **Stepped aside to secondary
    ***died, mentioned
    ****died, not mentioned
    *****MIA

Each trilogy had the main group of heroes, the saga spanning sidekicks (C-3PO, R2-D2), and the saga spanning secondary heroes (Chewbacca, Yoda). Characters who were heroes of one trilogy step aside to secondary status to make way for new heroes. Sometimes, heroes and secondary heroes become villains.

I think a Sequel Trilogy with Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, and Chewbacca filling the spots once filled by Yoda and Obi-Wan in the OT, or Qui-Gon, Mace, Jar Jar and Palpatine in the PT would be fantastic!

Star Wars is not Indiana Jones or James Bond. In Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Harrison HAD to play Indy. In the sequel trilogy, none of the OT stars HAVE to be the main characters of the trilogy. In fact, it would be wise to keep them as strong supporting secondary charcters, much like Obi-Wan was in ANH or Yoda was in ESB and ROTJ.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.