main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars: Kenobi by John Jackson Miller

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthJenari, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    It'd be nice if Hett was killed in this.

I know it's probably not happening, I know the troublemaker may even be someone else, but I'd love it if Hett's story ended on the fifth image.

2. Grand Admiral Crumb

Grand Admiral Crumb Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2013
    Why would they invalidate the Legacy comics?

3. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    My basest instincts wouldn't mind an invalidation.

My noble sentiments cry out for a retcon.

But the stupid Tusken Jedi guy from Republic just doesn't get to be a 150-year-old Yuuzhan Vong Emperor, goddamn it!

4. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i remember reading Obi Wan defeating and letting Hett go in the Kenobi bio. I don't think he killed him. My fav thing by far in the kenobi bio, was when Obi Wan first person is shocked to see Luke redeem Anakin, and then realizes why he was not ready for Qui Gon's teachings. He did not look through the lens of forgiveness and compassion. He then spiritually hears Anakin say how sorry he is, and then Obi Wan forgives him and teaches him how to stay an individual presence in the force. It was a great way to bring closure to the 6 movies.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think you can rest assured that he did not kill him.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Until Dave Filoni's animated Dark Times series debuts.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I felt actual pain.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It's good to know that this book will not have Kenobi leaving the planet, and for that now I am looking forward to it.

9. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Why shouldn't he leave now and then. Luke's life is 1000% super boring and pointless. He basically breathes eats and poops and loafs for 20 years. Who needs to watch that 24/7? It's like watching paint dry.

10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Watching Luke isn't Obi-Wan's only purpose there. It's self-imposed exile. He believes that everything that happened in ROTS was his fault. He's not going to leave planet and risk being found and executed for the sake of entertainment.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Luke lives in the middle of an inhospitable desert full of vicious natives, organized crime, various degenerates, and hostile wildlife. His life is boring, but he could still die any given Tuesday. Obi-Wan's whole job is to make sure that nothing happens to the kid who's the new hope of the galaxy. Is it boring? Yes. It's still what he signed up for. If Obi-Wan didn't need to watch him, didn't want to watch him, didn't think it was that important to protect one of the only people powerful enough to defeat the Dark Lords of the Sith, he could have retired to Spira instead of Tatooine. He didn't.

Ulicus and Valin__Kenobi like this.
  12. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    [​IMG]

13. Grand Admiral Crumb

Apr 25, 2013
    What are the chances of this being a first person, in-universe account similar to I, Jedi? I think that would be great, like it was his journal or compiled later from his journal.

DarthJenari and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  14. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    20 years? You think Luke was just sitting around doing nothing once he learned how to fly the landspeeder (which was probably when he was about 5)? Hell no, Luke is reckless and seeks adventure. He's gonna go fly around Beggar's Canyon and go to Tosche Station and get into tons of trouble. We already know Ben saved his butt in the desert at least once. I'm sure there were more times we haven't heard about yet. Why do you think Owen is so strict with him? Because he has to be!

15. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    LOL Luke lives like a relatively short ride away from the biggest gangster in the galaxy, and said gangster's entourage. That and the Tuscan's is enough reason for him to be watched around the clock.

16. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Truly, the Tuscans are a terrifying people.

Grey1, K'Kruhk, Zeta1127 and 6 others like this.
  17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Don't underestimate them. They might have connections to gangsters, too.

18. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
  19. Grand Admiral Crumb

Apr 25, 2013
  20. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I think I preferred the old cover. The hand-drawn style had a certain appeal to it that the recent run of photoshopped covers just lacks, although this cover certainly isn't bad.

I do notice the gauntlets, though.

21. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Definitely preferred the old cover. Perhaps i'll look into getting it as a poster for my room.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Obi-Wan has never been known for his subtlety I suppose.

And yes, I definitely liked the old one better. I don't know why there's such an aversion these days to illustrated covers. Although I'll admit this one will still stand out on a bookstore display.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That was just a promotional image, probably never intended to be the final cover. Still, this cover looks great, and I even like the inclusion of the arm-guards.

24. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Looking forward to this. I admit I haven't read any of Miller's other books but I'll probably get this.

25. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Oh, dear. This isn't terrible, by any stretch, but it's another obvious photoshop. Promotional image, or not, the previous "cover" was many times superior.

What a shame.

Still, it's heaps better than the FotJ covers. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.