main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I've always wondered, would Good White Dye Vader still use the scary voice box? That would be a bit of a juxtaposition.

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah, he'd be pitched up like a smurf.

BigAl6ft6 and Samayel_ like this.
  3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Of course he would. It'd be like Batman being all snuggles if he didn't. :p

4. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    What stories do you think the ST will overwrite?

5. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    At this point I have no idea. If it overwrites everything from DNT forward, though...well, VIP colors for everyone. :p

6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    The white-suit Vader made for a fun visual, but it's even more ridiculous than Palpatine having the entire suit on-hand while Vader was being operated on near the end of RotS. Did Vader ask someone on Home One to bleach his cape & surcoat? Did he have 'em spray-paint his entire suit & helmet white? Or do all life-support containment suits in the galaxy follow that design, with the cape & coat as added accessories? Are there other burn victims out there in the galaxy, wearing Vader-suits in various colors?

7. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Infinities isn't that great a series to begin with, so I just sorta smile and nod at all-white Vader.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I thought Infinities had potential, but would've preferred it more like Marvel's "What If...?" with lots of single-issue stories--or two-parters at most--than 4-part mini-series focusing on each OT film. They barely scratched the surface, really... "What if Anakin sided with Mace instead of Palpatine?", "What if Luke hadn't raced off to Bespin to save his friends?", "What if Queen Amidala's ship had set down on another world instead of Tatooine?" etc. Countless possibilities. They could even have done some more OT-related ones ignoring the PT, like "What if Darth Vader WASN'T Luke's father?" or, based on the infamous on-set line-reading, "What if Vader had told Luke that Obi-Wan had killed his father?"

9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    The second two where weaker (the how it should have ended where always better)... but the first one where Yoda crashed the Death Star onto the Emperor on Coruscant was epic. Not sure if the tops Chewie being squashed by a moon but it was more [face_rofl]

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If it touches DNT onwards, IP bans for the lot of you, don't you worry about that.

*smiles innocently*

11. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    You want your name to remain Sinrebirth, don't you? :p

DarthBreezy likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good luck with that. ;)

DarthBoba likes this.
  13. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    This would be the bomb. And if it just doesn't mention much from what comes before... that would also be great.

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Then the entire galaxy would be well and truly screwed.

Lando would've been chocked to death, Leia would've fallen into Vaders hands again, and Vader would likely not be so thick this time 'round. That would mean that when he finally did leave Dagobah, Luke would likely be facing three Sith, not two.

However, all that awfulness was avoided because Artoo was on hand to flip the switch
    [face_party]

Ryus and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it went over all of it. I'm hopefull that we'll get a little bit of fanservice and get some nod to the EU, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I could live with that! :D

DarthBoba and Ryus like this.
  16. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Funny. I've honestly never even thought about this until now.

How did he just happen to have that on hand?

His defeat by Obi-Wan certainly seemed to catch him by surprise.

Huh.

Maybe he has a personal tailor on hand in case of emergencies.

"Now hold still...I just need to measure your inseam........well I'll be damned...you seem to be missing an inseam."

17. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    ^^Arguably he didn't have to "have it on hand". They bring burned Anakin back to Coruscant and stick him in some type of bacta bath to keep him alive and then take a few hours to create the suit, and then show us the scene with it being applied. Just because we didn't see those events occur in between doesn't mean that they came back, operated immediately and then threw a ready made Vader suit on him.

It's like watching a film, seeing someone go to an airport, and then in the next scene are across the world. We didn't need to see the interim to know some stuff happened.

18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Now if we only knew why he wasn't under narcosis during surgery. That never made sense to me.

19. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    If I'm honest, I always saw it as symbolic. Rebirth into a darker life would be exceedingly, and unavoidably painful.

But then that's probably giving GL too much credit in a script where Padme died of a "broken heart"

So yeah... quite a range there.

Ryus likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Why would Palpatine make things easier for him? It would increase Anakin's rage and pain and draw him even deeper into the dark side.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think in one or more sources (possibly The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader)- the reason given, was to minimise midi-chlorian loss.

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    What a weird explanation, plus it clashes with Dark Lord and Darth Plagueis.

That's the dumbest thing Palps could do as then Vader would have reason to start a military coup ASAP or even defect to the Alliance later, taking a bunch of ships with him. Headaches galore.

I give Palps more credit than that. If he wants a loyal and effective pupil it is smarter to treat him as a "friend" like he did during most of PT and OT and make a scapegoat out of the Jedi. That way, Vader would be less inclined to move against him and would maybe even view him as a father figure who he wants to impress.

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If midi-chlorians can leave a character when they die, as per Darth Plagueis, maybe they can leave a character who is physically on the brink of death.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Even then it wouldn't matter as per Darth Plagueis wearing cybernetic implants doesn't lower ones power. Plagueis also didn't believe in the assumption Midis = power and was himself killed easily by Sidious despite having ridiculous amounts of midichlorians in his blood stream at that time.

It seems Vaders weaknesses (aside from his inability to breathe) were purely psychological. It is quite likely he simply didn't want to kill the man who was basically his father for all these years (he could've killed him during Ghost Prison and he didn't). He only betrayed Palpatine after he grew increasingly insane and when Luke appeared on the play field. The idea to rule as father and son was just too juicy to pass.

25. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I disagree with that. I think Vader hates the emperor and wants to kill him big time, ever since he turned to the dark side. Sidious was far less of a father figure to him than obi-wan was. He only joined the Sith to find a way to save Padme. (And he offered Padme rule of the galaxy, meaning he was probably planning to kill the emperor as early as Mustafar.)

When that fell through, he gained huge motivation to kill the emperor, because then he could run the empire the way he wanted and the Sidious had nothing to offer him, only existing to make his life miserable. I always disliked the idea of Ghost Prison and Vader eager to get the emperor back to health but I interpreted it as Sidious faking the entire time to everyone's annoyance.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.