main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is anyone else going to cry?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Porkins4Ever, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I cried, but only out of sympathy for Anakin. I had neither sympathy for Ahsoka nor sadness about her departure.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm trying not to let my feelings cloud my judgment. I must learn to let go of my anger...

Didn't work. :mad:

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Binary Suns by John Williams by any chnace?

=D=

4. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I have to admit I felt pretty bad for Ahsoka during these past episode. They just left her out to dry!

:(

5. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    A funny thing; every Star Wars movie I've seen I end up getting something in my eye. Must be dust or something in the theaters I frequent. I should write a letter to the management.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    They apologized for their mistakes and offered her a chance back in the fold; they may have even been offering her Knighthood depending on how one interprets the scene.

She made her choice, and when she folded Anakin's hand over her braid, he was the only one I had any sympathy for.

But I did cry there; the look on his face did me in.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  7. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Sorry, They abandoned her in her hour of need. Only Anakin stood by her and fought for her.
    :mad:

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As I just posted in LACWAC, their choices were as follows:

1. Shield her from a normal Republic trial because "she's a Jedi," therefore earning the contempt of the general public for thinking that they are better than everyone else, that their padawans/knights/etc. are above the law and judicial process that applies to normal people; or

2. What they did--allow her to go through a Republic trial, having faith that justice would be served since she was innocent. Did the Jedi have reason to believe that the Republic tribunals regularly convicted innocent people? If not, why would they have reason to believe that Ahsoka would not be given a fair trial?

And again, they apologized at the end for all she had had to go through, and offered to have her return to the Order. I'm not sure what else they were supposed to do. As far as I'm concerned, she was unforgiving at best, whiny at worst...and the reason I felt so terrible for Anakin is because he had done everything he could for her, and she repaid him by closing his hand over her braid and walking away.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not going to cry. I'm going to have prolonged fits of screaming.

10. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    When they show up on screen, I will definitely get the chills because I never thought I would see the day. I honestly will find it surreal to see them on screen because I remember reading back in 1987 (I was in 8th grade) that Lucas had scrapped the Sequel Trilogy and being totally bummed! There was no internet back then so you never really knew when they were filming movies and I honestly thought after ROTJ that they had begun filming Episode 7, and then 1985, 1986, and finally 1987 no new SW films!

I remember reading the original plan by Lucas back in 1983 from some magazine about new SW movies:

1983 - Return of the Jedi
    -Take off 2 years
    1988 - Episode 7
    1991 - Episode 8
    1994 - Episode 9
    -Take off 2 years
    1999 - Episode I
    2002 - Episode II
    2005 - Episode III

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, I'll probably cry at some point given that something sad will most likely happen, be it something to the Big 3 or something else entirely. I did feel pretty emotional when I went to midnight premieres of Episodes 2 and 3 when the theme came on and I'm more excited for E7, so there could be tears.

I don't cry much with things that happen in the real world but I do cry easily because of movies, TV, books, etc. *shrugs*

12. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    I probably will.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

13. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    So they sealed Ahsoka's fate...what a cop-out! She should have died and sent Anakin further over the edge. [face_not_talking] (Then again I stopped watching TCW when they brought Darth Maul back from the dead and haven't cared about the series since....:p)

14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Why are you having this argument here?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Because it was brought up as a scene in which apparently Star Wars fans "should" cry.

Thank you, JainaSoloYJK .

16. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    So? I've never cried at any scene in Star Wars - or anything else, except when I was very little - and I'm not going around starting thread-derailing arguments over it.

Unless this counts as one, I guess.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am now crying because of Vthuil's antagonizing posts... :(

eht13 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    [​IMG]

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm crying because you guys aren't being nice to each other.

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Well, I'll be darned. I guess they are antagonizing posts.

21. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I'll cry if they decide to push it back a few more years. Then I'll cry again if one of the main characters dies before filming begins.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    To be fair, they all apologized except Mace... even though I don't like Ahsoka, Mace still came across as a real jerk there. Basically making excuses and saying "as it turns out, this was all a big test... what da ya know?!". But the best thing about this scene was the music. I thought the Ahsoka fans should be happy with this scene, since it apparently gave her a dignified send-off from the order, from Anakin, from the temple, and from the show... especially since it turned out to be the series finale, not including the "bonus content" that we still don't know the delivery method for.

I don't even bother posting those opinions (or the opinion that the show had run its course) over in LACWAC anymore. :p

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going to cry right now.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just let it out.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.