main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Haha, same. I'm a PC gamer, but quite useless with a controler unless it's a fight game, like Mortal Kombat. Despite loving FPS'ers, I sucked at Halo without a good ol' mouse & keyboard.

Yup, it's kind of a double edged sword. You meet some pretty great people, but cannot avoid the utterly useless and arrogant ones either.

Welcome, Prodigy! I actually that the original games actually built up on the Tales of the Jedi comics. As a lore nerd, I really enjoyed all the details and NPC stories.

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I so wish I could play this, but the download amount would break the limit and then my wallet to even be able to begin to play :( So for about one more year I shall just have to live vicariously through all you :-B

3. Prodigy_Knight

Prodigy_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2013
    That's cool then I really need to read those, what I loved about the period is how much variation you have in what is considered a Jedi or a Sith as this was before the Jedi consolidation and before Darth Bane you could have Jedis which had radicaly different beliefs from the PT and OT Jedi all working in one order for the sith as well you could have as manny Sith as you like acting in the open or hiding away doing whatever they wanted.

Am I the only one who kept repeating the first Revan/Malak duel because every dialog option regarding you being Revan was awesome and you wanted to see where it would lead?

4. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Actually, it's free now.

Although, if you pay, you have a lot more benefits, of course.

Like being able to choose the Sith race at the character creation menu, a feature I absolutely love about this game.

5. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    fun thread!

6. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Hehe, I've done that as well. :p Saved the game just at the right time and then spend a ridiculous amount of time playing out all the options. Same before the Bastila duel. xD

Prodigy_Knight likes this.
  7. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    i don't think a game will ever top KOTOR I for me. absolutely perfect game.

i still have yet to play KOTOR II with the additional content or TOR.

8. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    I'm a fan of both, although imo KOTOR is better (storywise) than KOTOR II. The first game easily ranks in my top five games of all time.

And TOR is just awesome. :p

9. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    Both kotor and kotor 2 are 2 of my top 3 all time games

10. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Actually found someone good to work with today - we were both grinding to get up to a high enough level to complete our story quests, and he was stunned that this was my first TOR character :p Something about how I don't play like a noob. I will take that as a compliment. Sadly epic lag on my end ruined our teaming up :( Hazard of being on a north american server while in europe, I guess.

And yes, I thought that meeting someone good enough to stay in a group with for three hours was worthy of comment. Not a lot of people like that, I've found.

We should make an EUC guild or something, schedule a time and meet up on a server and be awesome :p

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  11. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Yea I never have much luck teaming up with others....they are all idiots.

12. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    There was another guy I had to block because he kept inviting me to join his group again and again and again even though I kept declining. So annoying and so stupid.

Which is why we should team up and destroy them all :p

13. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Yea I get people like that too! Just leave me alone already!!!!!!!!! Indeed, we should. [face_devil]

14. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    lol

15. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Save yourself some pain. The book can be summed up as Drew saying I know there's fans of Kotor I & II but "move along". The guy even said so on his site saying it wasnt for Kotor fans. In context it makes the dedaction page a giant middle finger to Kotor II.

It literally sums up some of the characters stories as quickly and cliched as possible while trying to appeal to an 11 year old mentality. Worse the guy breaks the 'show, dont tell' rule in the final fight... literally just saying Revan's a master of both the dark and light side and uses both vs the emperor. His Bane books where so much better, oh and I dont think Drew put much effort in the book... he quit Bioware just after the release of SWTOR. The book is him quickly cashing in with the excuse ofpromoting SWTOR.

You said you read reviews so I'll spare you examples but the book if filled with facepalm logic and some very bad proses... while turning the exile into a Revan fan girl and Canderous's wife is very useless and random.

SWTOR was fun in some ways, all admit that but its story is so subpar vs the other two games and comic to the point its not even funny... its also inventory managment heavy that it can be very tedious and boring at times.

16. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    HK-47 for the win, i was just looking at some of his dialog on youtube, I forgot how cool he is!

17. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Yeah, don't bother with the Revan book. It's terrible. (The True Sith are not bad, but the rest is horrible.) Lots of painfully bad anagrams. Bastila is useless. The exile is too obsessed with Revan. Canderous's wife is a throwaway character. And I really hate that Revan now has a canon gender/appearance. Revan should have remained whoever you want Revan to be, since the player turning out to be Revan was the point of the game. (or else Revan should have been a woman, because fully clothed female Sith Lords that are not Kreia are non-existant.:))

At any rate, KOTOR 1 is one of my favorite games ever. :D

18. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    indeed KOTOR 1 is incredible! after I complete my Dragon Age Origins playthrough I may do another KOTOR game!

Arienne_Darklighter likes this.
  19. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    The Revan book made me want to write my own novelization of the game, just because the book was so bad....I may have to do it. And play the game again for research. ;)

20. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    ha, KOTOR makes me want to play KOTOR 2, and that makes me wish we had KOTOR 3

21. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Yeah, I like the game play mechanics better in KOTOR 2...I wish they had finished it. And if they had, perhaps we would have KOTOR 3!

Ambervikings91 likes this.
  22. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I can't wait until I get back home and I can get KOTOR... it sounds so good.

Different note... I gave in and bought a couple species unlocks for TOR so I could have Twi'leks and Mirialans... and I have to say it makes the experience interesting. I have 6 character slots now, so I started a couple more characters - namely a Twi'lek smuggler - and the experience is different as a non-human. The dialogue even for optional quests can be different, sometimes even derogatory towards the species, especially in the Sith empire side... just some interesting differences I've noticed. Probably never going to play a human again now that I've discovered this :p

And I was just going to play a bit with my smuggler yesterday but found a great group and ended up doing heroics and a flashpoint... super fun. So many people in the game are awful but sometimes you find some awesome people to work with and it just improves the game so much. Also I've noticed the Sith side of things is a bit more entertaining, the chats tend to be less annoying and noob-ish, and more witty. Like someone complaining about spoilers for their class story and someone else quips back with "Snape kills Dumbledore!" and "Vader is Luke's father!" Good times :p So it's not all bad when it comes to the other players in TOR, just... the majority of them.

23. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    I'm a Sith (Empire side, obviously) and I find it that nobody actually recognizes you as a Pureblood, so it's strange that when you choose Twi'lek some dialogue options change... [face_thinking]

On another note, you've not played KOTOR?!?!

You definitely have, too.

Ambervikings91 likes this.
  24. Ambervikings91

Dec 1, 2012
    Correct

25. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    The dialogue seems to be generic no matter what alien species you choose. Obviously with the Sith pureblood they're not aliens in the way the Sith would view them - usually I get "disgusting alien" and stuff like that, like I said, derogatory stuff. Occasionally there's stuff from other aliens like "you'd understand, you're not human either!" etc.

Hadn't heard how good KOTOR was, and now I can't get it until I get back home in July since the prices are so high here.