main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Tywin isn't as evil as Joffrey, Littlefinger, or the guy torturing Theon. And that's just off the top of my head. I'm not saying he isn't ruthless. He's amoral, but not sadistic.

Anyways, why doesn't Varys expose Littlefinger to Tywin? Especially after their latest talk?

Btw, random question, but if Daenerys returns to Westeros... would Stannis accept her as his Queen? Does he really believe the Iron Throne is his by right? Also, if the Jon theory is true, would Daenerys accept him as her king?

2. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I would say Tywin is worse then Joffrey, as at least Joffrey is seemingly insane and cannot really help his acts because they all seem based on impulse and his own stupidity. While, Tywin is an intelligent and calculating menace that performs cold evil acts just as selfish means to an end.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    True, but Littlefinger seems to outdo Tywin on the cold evil acts, even if he isn't quite as brilliant as Tywin.

Like I said, Tywin is ruthless and amoral, but not sadistic, and seems to have a least some honor.

Btw, Tyrion is a bit of a hypocrite. He said last season that marriages were a great way of doing politics, and has his niece sent off to wherever he told the person who snitched on him. Yet now that it's being done to him, he objects. Also, wasn't the Wildfire actually Cersei's idea, and Tyrion just took it and ran with it?

4. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004

Tywin and Honor go together just as much as Ned and Political Gamesmanship

edit: Sidenote, while a lot of this episode was just frustrating I do have give it credit for not having any of that pointless Dany plot.;)

Well, Tyrion is actually a grey and complex character in the books so I guess it nice that some people find some hypocrisy in his actions. On the later, I don't remember whose idea it was on the show but it was her's in books.

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Just saying he seems honorable to people who aren't standing in his way, and can see the potential in others. He treats Tyrion like ****, but he knows his son has some potential and has given him some opportunities (and at least now we know he treats Cersei the same way). Same with how he treated Arya.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I just see Tywin as a cranky old man.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    literally the only thing that tywin cares about is his house's reputation.

8. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    Which son are you talking about?

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, but he's not a dick to everyone around him. He treats people honorably when he's getting what he wants, he's not a terror like Joffrey or Theon's torturer, or as cold-blooded as Littlefinger.

Tyrion, wasn't that clear in my sentence? He treats him like ****, but still gives him opportunities. I'm not saying he's a nice man. And he's definitely the main antagonist right now. I'm just saying I expect Littlefinger to become the show's main antagonist, and that Tywin isn't the most evil guy out there.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    he's every bit as cold-blooded as littlefinger. i forget, have they talked in the show about what the song "the rains of castamere" is about?

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I don't think so, but I might have missed it.

Anyways, who do you think is more evil than Tywin? All I'm saying is he's not the most evil man in the TV show.

12. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    It was somewhat clear, only the idea of Tywin being a decent human being to Tyrion is so alien to my ears/eyes

Theon's captor and no one else.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I didn't say he was being decent to him, I said he treated Tyrion like **** :p But he still sees his son has potential, and has given him opportunities. He's not treating Tyrion like Stannis's wife treats Shireen, for example.

14. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    I don't see what Selyse(Stannis's wife) has done that is all that terrible to Shireen.

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    They are all evil, but they are different flavors dictated by their power. Littlefinger must be patient and insidious. Tywin can almost openly do what he wants.

I can see Littlefinger at some point sitting on that throne, but it will be short lived. Dany perhaps will make him dragon food?

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Keeps her locked away because of her physical abnormality. Tywin could have just had Tyrion locked away, or killed, but instead has given him power. First as a general, then his personal representative as Hand of the King, now as Master of Coin.

17. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    I don't think Shireen is locked up, it is just that Dragonstone is lonely and bleak castle without any other young people. Thus, Shireen just spends the majority of her time alone.

18. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    That's because Tywin does not waste what he can exploit, Tyrion is a resource at best to Tywin that is hardly a healthy view of ones offspring.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm not saying it is, just saying that's a little better than how Joffrey and Theon's captor are, or Theon himself last season. And Littlefinger seems at least as bad as Tywin.

Didn't she imply when talking to Davos that she's already essentially locked in a cell too? And her mother seems to treat her like she doesn't exist, says that she's nothing, doesn't think she's worth her father's time... all apparently because she has a scarred face.

20. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    If the Lannesters were stranded in the middle of no where, would Tywin cannibalize his own children? wor would he start with the Grandchildren as they have the least to contribute ;)

21. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    While, I obviously disagree with Theon's actions(despite him being my favorite character) last season I don't see how he was worse then Tywin. In how, he at least seems broken up about what is doing and believes that he is only doing what is necessary to win his father's and people's respect.

While, Tywin does worse acts just because his prickly pride has been bruised and holds a mean grudge. Moreover, he is already one of the most powerful and respected men in the Seven Kingdoms thus he doesn't have to prove himself.

22. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    He would eat Tyrion first, closely followed by Cersei as she has already served her main purpose of popping out some brats.

23. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    I always thought Tywin was driven by his insecurity his experience with his fathers nearly trashing the family name, Like a twisted version of the restore the family name has driven him to monstrous acts.

24. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    Likely, I still think it is worse for an already highly respected 70(?) year old man to perform atrocious actions without any guilt because of his own insecurity regarding his father's stupidity then a young man in his early twenties performing similar atrocious acts because he is desperately in need of somewhere to belong.

Simply, Theon actually had nothing and was desperately trying to prove himself.

While, Tywin had everything and was still performing the same terrible acts to prove himself.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Nope.

But just going off of the show -- this is the guy who sent the Mountain to murder and kill innocent villagers, farmers, and peasants along with destroying their livelihoods just to prove a point about Tyrion being captured.

Tywin is ... well, it's hard to say who's hands down the most awful person in the series, but Tywin's probably the most evil in the sense that he is sane. He knows exactly what he's doing. I don't think that makes him the worst character per se because he at least tries to govern, while Joffrey and Viserys (for instance) were just crazypants and cruel.

solojones and RC-1991 like this.