main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    There will be an announcement in May at least if not the 4th.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    You got that right. They're really hyping it up this year. It almost makes me sad that I have nothing special planned for tomorrow other than to slave away at my drawing desk and to procrastinate by posting here. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Whee! It's the 4th where I live. I can already predict I'm going to spend the next 24 hours casually checking back to see if there's any news posted :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. BountyhunterNez

BountyhunterNez Jedi Knight

Jul 18, 2004
    The big 3 back in makes the most sence. Although, I do hope they are supporting roles to guide a new generation. In the prequels Obi Wan was a main charictor and much of the focus was on him. In the OT he's a supporting role. It just follows the SW formula that this is the way it should be!

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So apparantly Hamill made an appearence at some Star wars thing yesterday. Here's the vid *IDK if its old or whatnot but at least it looks like he's kinda getting more in shape. IDK*
    https://vine.co/v/bQ9PiAwjuHl

6. Venator77

Venator77 Jedi Master star 2

May 2, 2013
    It's awesome to see the sequel trilogy coming, but I just hope they are not like the flowery and cute as other Disney movies.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    You mean like Gone Baby Gone?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    ROFL, so.. how did the long anticipated May 4th announcement go?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Business as usual - disappointing the fans :(

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Business as usual is that the fans once again psyched themselves up only to be, again, disappointed that their imagined standard far surpassed anything promised.

11. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    I think it's also ridiculous that they would lose this opportunity at a free kick. That's why I was mildly surprised that there was no announcement - especially since there's not a lot of mystery left as to whether the Big Three are coming back. It'd be ridiculous for them not to.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. I think Pro Scoundrel and I made a decent case for why they should (but, adversely, why they do not bother...) utilize a pre-established, well-publicized "Star Wars Day" in a fashion similar to Free Comic Book Day or Record Store Day on the previous page. It is certainly on their radar. They simply (obviously) do not see the value/potential for profit from it.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They'll make an announcement when we least expect it.

14. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    They do tend to chose the most unexpected times to release this kind of stuff don't they? Half of New England was being hit by a powerful hurricane when they announced the Sequel Trilogy.

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah, really. I had no idea that the announcement even took place because I had no power. My cousin ended up telling me much later when we went to his house to stay for a couple of days (he never lost power). I believe the conversation started with something like this: "Hey, did you hear about Disney and Lucasfilm?" I couldn't believe it. It was a rough couple of days with all the craziness and not being able to follow it properly until our power was restored.

16. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    The announcement that we expect will be more directed towards the mass audience than the hardcore fans. So if us fans are expecting anything big, i might not count on it.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Never mind. :p

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's alright, you weren't alone in thinking that. I was fooled too. :p

eht13 likes this.
  19. Master Cratos Ashplanet

Master Cratos Ashplanet Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2013
    i hope they still are going to make them disney stoped making the movies

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Um... what?

eht13 likes this.
  21. Master Cratos Ashplanet

May 1, 2013
    yeah belive it gorge lucus sold the rights to star wars to disney in the middle of making the movies they scraped the project

22. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    George Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney to make the movies. You've got it confused. Episode VII, VIII, and IX are still coming out. :)

23. Master Cratos Ashplanet

May 1, 2013
    unlikly

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You're probably right, Disney paid 4 billion dollars but decided to just scrap the whole thing. o_O I smell a troll.

Darth Claire likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I cannot believe they scraped the project. Hopefully, it didn't inflict too much damage.