main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Who Would Win in a Fight 2: Step Up 2 tha Streets

Discussion in 'Community' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, Apr 23, 2013.

1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Do you realize that Miss Marvel isn't on the same level as Gladiator and Superman?

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    LOL.

Trying to get an idea of strength proportions, both competitors seem very similar but Gladiator comes across as being stronger. In this kind of battle, strength wins out.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, except you also have to take into account this weird factor where Gladiator might start to lose if Superman fights him for too long and Gladiator starts to lose confidence in himself. Gladiator also doesn't fluctuate as much as Superman, since the latter has a couple of titles of his own whereas the former is usually a team member of some sort - for example, folks were pretty sure Superman was going to be severely nerfed by the New 52, and he was for like a year, then Lobdell decided to make him possibly stronger than the overcharged on solar energy Superman from All-Star. Guy's all over the place and he may or may not be able to beat his pre-Crisis nonsense levels depending on the writer.

tl;dr - whatever, opinions. But Wocky's rationale is nonsense.

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yes, because...Superman.

There, my vote. It's not even a contest.

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Superman!

6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Apparently comic books have just gotten completely ridiculous. That clip of mine remains pretty much my ceiling for comprehending strength. I've always understood Juggernaut to be impossibly strong, and Rogue to represent the average superhero strength that you have in other characters like Superman or whoever, but I guess you guys are saying that's just all wrong.

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    That picture of Superman there? The one that says he's benching ~6 sextillion metric tons for five days straight? Miss Marvel--and Rogue, by Proxy--can bench about 50 tons.

8. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Right, they have "become" ridiculous. There was definitely no Pre-Crisis when Superman could juggle planets.

9. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    anyone who thinks Gladiator beats Superman has never even read a comic in their lives..

I don't give a crap what "some writers" did before..

10. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I don't know. I think quite a few people are under-estimating Gladiator's strength. Remember, if he gets focused enough, Gladiator can lift a planet as well, so both he and Supes' raw strength are at least on par:

(At least Gladiator did so back in MCP#49, when he battled a creature from his own subconscious http://marvel.com/comics/issue/10129/marvel_comics_presents_1988_49]ISSUE[/url] HERE )

Gladiator's son Kubark (named the decidedly un-cool "kid Gladiator") has strength which probably rivals the previously mentioned Ms Marvel on his own, and Gladiator himself is much much stronger.

As it's been mentioned, Gladiator's greatest weakness is when he begins to doubt himself, so ultimately, I think Superman would win, but it wouldn't be a completely one-sided, Superman dominated fight, nor is Superman at a completely different level.

11. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I tried to read a little on what exactly PC Superman is vs regular and it was so damn confusing I'm voting Gladiator.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Given I know more of Superman, I'll go with him.
    But it does seem like it would be a pretty even fight at least until Gladiator started to doubt himself.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I want to see a comic where done like Freaky Friday where their minds switch places. Superman's mind goes into Galdiator's body and he has to deal with daily life among the Shi'ar, and Gladiator's mind goes into Superman's body and he has to deal with daily life as a news reporter at the Daily Planet, Metropolis, Ms. Lane and so on.

14. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Calling for final votes.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Your clip was from a pretty crappy cartoon trying to adapt a superior comic book story in which Gladiator was just a bit player in its final chapters. It was fail from the get go.

16. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Superman.....c'mon.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The X-Men cartoon was awesome [face_not_talking]

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess I'll simply disagree. I was a diehard X-Men fan back then and I suppose it was cool to have an actual X-Men show on TV. But now, I simply cannot watch any one episode longer than a minute. I guess back then I simply blinded myself to the mediocrity on display.

19. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    [​IMG]

10-3 Superman

Darth_Invidious and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Aug 9, 2000
    Winners so far:
    Galactus
    Sephiroth
    Thanos
    Commander Shepard
    Hawkeye
    Cthulhu
    Neo (in the Matrix, objectively where the Mortal Kombat universe also takes place)
    Celestial Fourth Host
    Mewtwo
    Imperial Star Destroyer
    Superman

New Matchup:

Aragorn

[​IMG]

vs.

Jaime Lannister, pre-maiming

[​IMG]

21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I like Jaime more, but Aragorn would beat him.

22. LatvianPotatoFarmer

LatvianPotatoFarmer Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2013
    Why for use Aragorn from Ralph Bakshi cartoon? Is ridiculous. Perhaps you are hallucinate from malnourish.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Agreed:

[​IMG]

Much better.

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What evidence is there that Aragorn was particularly skilled as a swordsman? We know Jamie was among the best in his generation, so it seems logical this would go to him.

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    What could possibly be better than Bakshi?

Arawn_Fenn likes this.