main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit So wizard! Omnibus: Wild Space Volume 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lugija, May 5, 2013.

1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/star-wars-omnibus-mark-evanier/1115192243?ean=9781616551476

Credit to Eddie from Star Wars Upcoming Books & Comics Facebook page. Pages like that make me think of joining social media, but then I go "nah".

No picture yet (most likely the DH solicitation will come next week), but here's a summary:
    A second wild omnibus filled with sparkling, rare Star Wars gems from everyone's favorite galaxy! Get your adventure on as you catch up on the transgressions of crime lord Jabba the Hutt, smuggler Han Solo, and smooth talker Lando Calrissian; follow the misadventures of two Rebel officers named Tag and Bink; stomp on Star Wars with writer Mark Evanier and artist Sergio Aragonés; read some unreal tales from the visionaries and concept artists behind Star Wars: Episode III—Revenge of the Sith; and have some old-fashioned podracing fun with young Anakin Skywalker on Tatooine!
    • ISBN-13: 9781616551476
    • Publisher: Dark Horse Comics
    • Publication date: 10/15/2013
    • Pages: 480
    How did you know my birthday?!

So this includes most likely
    Jabba the Hutt 1-4
    The Jabba Tape
    Tag and Bink are dead 1-2
    The Return of Tag and Bink
    Tag and Bink Episode I: Revenge of the Clone Menace
    Sergio Aragonés Stomps Star Wars
    Visionaries
    Podracing Tales

This is a little over 400 pages, so there could also be short stories like Luke Skywalker's Walkabout or This Crumb for Hire.
    But interesting that this is a mix of short Infinities and Canon stories. Something like an extra Tales volume.

Rew, eddie1969 and TalonCard like this.
  2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    When is the first volume out? Or is it out? My bookstore never gets anything. :_|

4. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    It’s planned for October so don’t worry. :)

5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004

That sounds like something straight out of Beldorian's formidable library. [face_sick]

Lugija likes this.
  6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    You and your dirty mind [face_shame_on_you]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jabba_Tape

It is a rather fun comic book starring Gizman (!!!) and Gorga the Hutt, it also has a very cute Hutt piggy bank. :)

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Gizman? Oh lord... but for the first letter, that name isn't helping matters.

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    The first one should be out in the next month. Amazon currently says June 11th, originally it was May 25th.

9. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Hmm, kind of disappointing that they mixed in a bunch of Infinities stories when there are still so many old comic strips and other obscure one-offs that weren't collected in the first volume. Cool that Podracing Tales looks to be getting printed, though. Now if only they'd reformat Prelude to Rebellion 0.

vong333 and Rew like this.
  10. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Given the reference to Lando, I'm guessing that Scoundrel's Wages will be here too. And is it possible that we'll get that recent Free Comic Book Day Han Solo adventure?

TC

11. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Since Aurra Sing was collected in a prior omnibus, if Scoundrel's Wages is included in WS: V2, where does that leave Kenix Kil?

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd get it for Tag & Bink alone if I didn't already have 'em all individually...

13. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    Kenix Kil was already collected in the Crimon Empire Saga hardcover. Maybe that'll get an Omnibus-sized reprint, but the TTT, DE, CE, and Legacy hardcover collections seem to be filling the same purpose as the Omnibuses.

14. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Ah, OK. Thanks. Was Hard Currency included in Crimson Empire as well - I think it ties in to CE, or am I wrong? Sorry, I've never read any of the comics before.

15. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    Yeah the CE hardcover collected Kenix Kil, Hard Currency, The Third Time Pays for All, and the CE Handbook as well as the main trilogy.

16. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I have a feeling that Dark Horse is trying to push out the collections of all the comics quicker, maybe in fear of losing the license.

Also,while on the subject of CE, are there any stories missing from Crimson hardcover that builds on it? I was thinking of picking it up since I here it's a great series, but idk if there are any required or suggested readings before it.

17. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    It's a pretty stand-alone series. All the stories that Kir Kanos appears in are collected in the hardcover. It builds off the events of the Dark Empire trilogy, particularly Empire's End, but you don't have to read them to understand what's going on. There's also some kind-of foreshadowing of the NJO because Nom Anor shows up.

18. Suikoman444

Suikoman444 Jedi Master

Sep 8, 2009
    I believe also that the Lando story will be Scoundrel's Wages, but the Han Solo one will be This Crumb for Hire. Those with what's posted in the opening post seem to put it at around 480 pages like is listed.

The FCBD comic with Han Solo from last year, The Art of the Bad Deal, is also possible. But because it's newer I'd imagine it'll end up somewhere else later.

19. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Pump out those Omnibuses DH!

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yup, pretty much, size is the same the difference being hardback / paperback.

21. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Asides from going out of print... :mad:

credar likes this.
  22. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    They said the omnibuses were to stop things from going out of print. Now the omnibuses are going out of print. Hell, DE Trilogy hardcover came out at the end of 2010 and it's already going for 100 dollars!

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    What other one offs are we not getting that have come out from Marvel. I remember one were Han wears some sort of power suit. Real trippy

24. Suikoman444

Suikoman444 Jedi Master

Sep 8, 2009
    As far as I know we'll have everything ever published by Marvel collected in Omnibuses as soon as Wild Space, Volume 1 is released. The next oldest stuff is the LA Times newspaper strips, which will probably fit in 2 omnibuses. Don't know if they'll reprint the original versions or the edited ones that they used in Classic Star Wars.

Other one shots and weird stuff that likely doesn't fit anywhere else at the moment we are still missing from Dark Horse and others:

Shadows of the Empire Kenner Special (Part 1) (Dark Horse, 1996)
    Shadows of the Empire Kenner Special (Part 2) (Dark Horse, 1996)
    Republic 0: Prelude to Rebellion, Part 0 (Starwars.com, 1998)
    Luke Skywalker's Walkabout (Dark Horse, 1999)
    Battle for Theed (Wizards of the Coast, 1999)
    A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale (Starwars.com, ?)
    Bungo n' Rusti Get Carry Out (West End Games, 1996)
    Star Wars Miniatures: The Clone Wars advertisement (Dark Horse, 2008)
    Star Wars Miniatures: Legacy of the Force advertisement (Dark Horse, 2008)
    Star Wars Miniatures: Knights of the Old Republic advertisement (Dark Horse, 2008)
    The Art of the Bad Deal (Dark Horse, 2012)
    Vision of the Blade (Dark Horse, 2008)
    Cries of Alderaan (Star Wars Galaxies Website, 2003)
    Droids and Ewoks MyComyc stuff (Editorial Gepsa, 1986)

That's everything I can think of, though I might have missed something. Hoping we get this stuff in a Wild Space Volume 3 at some point. I know some of the stuff Randy Stradley said they don't plan on republishing in an Omnibus, but I'd really like to see them change their mind and collect it all anyway.

25. _Catherine_

Jun 16, 2007
    There's also the extended version of the Tales comic "What They Called Me" from Gamer #4 that I'm worried won't get collected because the shorter version is the one that appeared in the main Tales series.